A forum for all things Cardiff City

CITY NOT TO BE DRAWN INTO PUBLIC WAR OF WORDS

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:04 pm

Agent Willie McKay challenges Cardiff City to public me
eting over Emiliano Sala dispute

By Dominic Booth

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=205210

The club have no intention of becoming embroiled in a public war of words

Cardiff City are refusing to get drawn into a public war of words with football agent Willie McKay after he challenged the club to an open "meeting" to air concerns over the Emiliano Sala transfer dispute.

McKay and his son Mark brokered the £15million deal to take Sala to Cardiff from Nantes and organised the private aircraft, which crashed into the English Channel on January 21.

Sala's body was recovered from the plane wreckage on February 6 and pilot David Ibbotson remains missing.

McKay, who has come under fire for his role in the affair, insists he will be transparent about his involvement in the transfer and the ill-fated flight.

After claiming Cardiff are "trying to throw me under the bus" in a newspaper interview on Monday, he has now proposed a public Q&A with the club's bosses. An email has been sent to the club's solicitor asking for the meeting to take place in front of the media, according to Sky Sports.

"We will be fully transparent with everything that happened surrounding the transfer," McKay told the Times in a separate interview.

"They are trying to throw me under the bus. I have been in touch with Cardiff to say I’m prepared to meet them in a public setting so everyone can understand exactly what went on.”

WalesOnline understands the club are not going to be drawn into a public spat with the agent but will privately still pursue answers to a number of questions surrounding the flight, the apparent interest of other Premier League clubs in Sala and whether all the paperwork on the transfer was actually completed.

They have asked Everton, West Ham United and Crystal Palace for clarification on whether they were interested in Sala, after McKay admitted to generating false interest around the player.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CITY NOT TO BE DRAWN INTO PUBLIC WAR OF WORDS

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:09 pm

Quite right too, IMHO :thumbright:

Willie McKay is fighting for his future here (his integrity seemingly already lost) and wants to muddy the waters surrounding his direct influence on recent events

I have a feeling that the club itself will not come out of this too well when the full facts are known but to engage with McKay at this point would be both futile and ill-advised

Fight your corner professionally City; and let McKay and his admitted manipulations talk for themselves! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:54 pm

He looks like a rogue.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Why public? Just meet the club with your solicitor in tow. Doh :roll:

Getting squeaky bum time for some methinks ;)

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:57 pm

This guy comes across an idiot.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Perhaps that's what he's hoping for. Sympathy vote for the little man against the corporate giant.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:47 pm

I think he's trying to link Cardiff City to Willie McKay ( the individual ) to the private flight as apposed to the contract arrangement Cardiff City - Nantes - The Mckay agencies - the commercial flight.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:24 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=205210 :thumbright:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:25 pm

Let the guy dig a bigger hole for himself

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:57 pm

Bonner wrote:Let the guy dig a bigger hole for himself

He don't need to dig... he's laid it on the line

Change your name FFS whilst you on I'm sure you don't wish to be linked to a wife beater and one who ratted on his dying girlfriend through Cancer?

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:11 pm

No I will stick to it thanks...
Nothing to do with football.. linked to a good friend.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:16 pm

Bonner wrote:No I will stick to it thanks...

that rat has no friends. he's a loner

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:21 pm

Daya wrote:
Bonner wrote:No I will stick to it thanks...

that rat has no friends. he's a loner

Don't talk about rats like that.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:19 am

2blue2handle wrote:This guy comes across an idiot.

maybe.
or is he putting himself { not an agent } there to be shot at. taking one for the team.

I find some of what he has said incredible.