Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: EXCLUSIVE: “ EMILIANO SALA CONTRACT INVALID? “

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:01 pm

I don't see what the problem is. If he was a City player at the time of death, we pay. If he was not our player, and the exchange of a valid contract has not taken place, why on earth would we pay? It's a football club, a business, not a charity. Would be mad to pay out to a club who are not entitled to it. I'm sure if it was the opposite way around, Nantes would be taking the same sort of approach.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:11 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I don't see what the problem is. If he was a City player at the time of death, we pay. If he was not our player, and the exchange of a valid contract has not taken place, why on earth would we pay? It's a football club, a business, not a charity. Would be mad to pay out to a club who are not entitled to it. I'm sure if it was the opposite way around, Nantes would be taking the same sort of approach.

Totally agree

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:14 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I don't see what the problem is. If he was a City player at the time of death, we pay. If he was not our player, and the exchange of a valid contract has not taken place, why on earth would we pay? It's a football club, a business, not a charity. Would be mad to pay out to a club who are not entitled to it. I'm sure if it was the opposite way around, Nantes would be taking the same sort of approach.

Totally agree

Once a bluebird forever a bluebird I sure I read on the flags.... why your board make you look even bigger muppets?

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:19 pm

pembroke allan wrote:No becsuse when he posed he sighned a contract but that contract was then deemed void later so its believed . :thumbup:

We've got to be careful though that if we ever use that photo in future it'll imply he was our player. It would look pretty sick to see a player we insist hasn't signed for us holding one of our shirts!

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:26 pm

Daya wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Totally agree

Once a bluebird forever a bluebird I sure I read on the flags.... why your board make you look even bigger muppets?

You obviously have not read my previous comments on this. I have never considered him a true bluebird. I have said plenty of times he never wore our shirt, never taken part in a training session, most City fans have never set eyes on him. I have also said plenty of times on this forum that I find it odd that so many fans appeared to be broken hearted about the death of a complete stranger, and ludicrous that fans mentioned statues, naming our ground after him, and plenty of other things as well. It was a tragic accident, and I feel sorry for him and his family. I feel sorry for the pilot and his family as well, but I certainly have not lost any sleep over the deaths of two complete strangers. It is a sad fact that people lose their lives every day due to terrible accidents, but unless it is someone close to me, I am not overwhelmed with grief.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:31 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:You obviously have not read my previous comments on this. I have never considered him a true bluebird. I have said plenty of times he never wore our shirt, never taken part in a training session, most City fans have never set eyes on him. I have also said plenty of times on this forum that I find it odd that so many fans appeared to be broken hearted about the death of a complete stranger, and ludicrous that fans mentioned statues, naming our ground after him, and plenty of other things as well. It was a tragic accident, and I feel sorry for him and his family. I feel sorry for the pilot and his family as well, but I certainly have not lost any sleep over the deaths of two complete strangers. It is a sad fact that people lose their lives every day due to terrible accidents, but unless it is someone close to me, I am not overwhelmed with grief.

Exactly, and if it's found that his contract is invalid it should be the end of our association with Sala. It would be cringe worthy and frankly embarrassing were we to hold a minutes silence or applause in a years time, especially if we are arguing he's not our player!

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:37 pm

Daya wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Totally agree

You state our club look like muppets, but youre a grown man coming onto a football forum, trolling. Quite ironic.

If you were in the process of buying a house, and the house burnt down before the contract processed you would not pay. This is a very unfortunate circumstance, on a human level tragic but if he was not our player, we dont pay.

On the other hand, if it turns out everything processed properly then we should and will pay, as already stated by our chairman.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:08 pm

I bet Willie really worried by this threat

“ Relations between Cardiff and McKay Snr have deteriorated to such an extent that the club have written to him warning they reserve the right to deny him entry to their ground.“

f*cking hell poor old Willie won’t be able to sleep tonight

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:26 pm

Well every player i have seen on the day they sign a contract, immediately gets his photograph taken with the club colours !! The contract was obviously sent off to the FA and other authorities AFTER the contract was signed and photographs taken !!

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:35 pm

Rodneyblue wrote:Well every player i have seen on the day they sign a contract, immediately gets his photograph taken with the club colours !! The contract was obviously sent off to the FA and other authorities AFTER the contract was signed and photographs taken !!

Every transfer is subject to international clearance also apparently it had to amended and was sent back to the club's and needed to be signed again which it wasnt

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:46 pm

After reading through so much I can now confirm this is a complete and utter Mess ***

I feel so sorry for the family's that are not going to get any privacy and will be reminded on a daily basis of what has happened.

We can't have gone through the nearly 2 month process and not has any kind of inkling !!

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:52 pm

Rodneyblue wrote:Well every player i have seen on the day they sign a contract, immediately gets his photograph taken with the club colours !! The contract was obviously sent off to the FA and other authorities AFTER the contract was signed and photographs taken !!

It now looks amateurish on our part. Why couldn't we wait until everything was properly signed before releasing the photo?

As for Sala memorabilia, it'll make us look small time if any is seen on TV after what is now happening.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:56 pm

hagleyblue wrote:

It now looks amateurish on our part. Why couldn't we wait until everything was properly signed before releasing the photo?

As for Sala memorabilia, it'll make us look small time if any is seen on TV after what is now happening.

Didn’t it get announced straight after we lost to Newcastle?

Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:04 pm

hagleyblue wrote:

We had just lost 0-3 to Newcastle United,,,, probably needed a morale boost after that performance???

Just saying!

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:09 am

Daya wrote:I bet Willie really worried by this threat

“ Relations between Cardiff and McKay Snr have deteriorated to such an extent that the club have written to him warning they reserve the right to deny him entry to their ground.“

lets be honest here , should he turn up . a few might wonder where have i seen him before, as opposed to quite a few saying alright Steve but thinking , what a dick head.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:43 am

Daya wrote:Best take your memorials down, your club hoodwinked you he wasn't even your player and they knew it but let you mourn a player nothing to do with you.

lucky yo didn't retire the shirt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PUB TEAM IN THE PREMIERSHIP!

Make your mind up west spammer, one minute you're saying we are welching on the deal and the next minute you are saying he wasn't even our player. Usual bullshit from a bitter ex fan :lol:
I am sure OUR club will act accordingly and by the letter of the law in this whole sorry affair.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:58 am

hagleyblue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:You obviously have not read my previous comments on this. I have never considered him a true bluebird. I have said plenty of times he never wore our shirt, never taken part in a training session, most City fans have never set eyes on him. I have also said plenty of times on this forum that I find it odd that so many fans appeared to be broken hearted about the death of a complete stranger, and ludicrous that fans mentioned statues, naming our ground after him, and plenty of other things as well. It was a tragic accident, and I feel sorry for him and his family. I feel sorry for the pilot and his family as well, but I certainly have not lost any sleep over the deaths of two complete strangers. It is a sad fact that people lose their lives every day due to terrible accidents, but unless it is someone close to me, I am not overwhelmed with grief.

Exactly, and if it's found that his contract is invalid it should be the end of our association with Sala. It would be cringe worthy and frankly embarrassing were we to hold a minutes silence or applause in a years time, especially if we are arguing he's not our player!

Totally agree Steve :thumbup:

Hagelyblue we hold a silence or applaud for people who have no and have never had any involvement with our club it's just a mark of respect.
Personally think that the out pouring of grief were caused by the circumstances of the tragedy and slightly overboard with statues and naming stands etc but we must remember that it's a human life we are talking about here so cannot see how it would be as you put it ' cringe worthy '

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:33 am

Daya wrote:Best take your memorials down, your club hoodwinked you he wasn't even your player and they knew it but let you mourn a player nothing to do with you.

lucky yo didn't retire the shirt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PUB TEAM IN THE PREMIERSHIP!

Why are you mocking the fans? before you snipe and post about a players death, get your f*cking facts right.

So disrespectful.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:06 am

hagleyblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
fred keenor wrote:I'm certain Cardiff City knew there was "Issues" with the documentation supplied to the FIFA TMS database, but I absolutely believe that Nantes were as well and those crass bastards were on the phone straight away demanding the money.

No doubt in my mind who the bad guys are here and it's not Cardiff City Football Club, it's owner, Chairman, CEO or Manager.

If we knew there were issues why did we photograph him holding a shirt?

Surely that will go against us if it goes to court as it implies we knew he was our player.

It means f**k all, all players have pictures with shirts when they agree to sign not when the sale is 100% completed !!!

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:11 am

Spot on and supporters saying we should pay, would not pay their money in any similar circumstance, like buying a property that burnt down before they took full legal ownership, they wouldn't say I'll look bad so I'll pay anyway !!!

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:14 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Daya wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Totally agree

You obviously have not read my previous comments on this. I have never considered him a true bluebird. I have said plenty of times he never wore our shirt, never taken part in a training session, most City fans have never set eyes on him. I have also said plenty of times on this forum that I find it odd that so many fans appeared to be broken hearted about the death of a complete stranger, and ludicrous that fans mentioned statues, naming our ground after him, and plenty of other things as well. It was a tragic accident, and I feel sorry for him and his family. I feel sorry for the pilot and his family as well, but I certainly have not lost any sleep over the deaths of two complete strangers. It is a sad fact that people lose their lives every day due to terrible accidents, but unless it is someone close to me, I am not overwhelmed with grief.

I agree it was very sad but the overreaction was strange, the same at Leicester.

Re: “ EMILIANO SALA CONTRACT INVALID? “

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:18 am

Daya wrote:trying everything to Welch out

You have to be a low life scum bag to think its funny to come on here and troll Sala threads.

Pathetic little internet coward.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:18 am

Emiliano Sala's family could miss out on £600,000 due to Cardiff City contract 'mistake' - reports

By Dominic Booth

Thursday 21st February 2019

The family of Emiliano Sala could missing out on up to £600,000 in compensation due to an error in the registration of his Cardiff City contract with the Premier League, according to reports.

Paperwork was returned to the Bluebirds asking for corrections, to be signed again by the Argentinian striker, according to The Times and Daily Telegraph.

Before the 28-year-old club record £15m signing was able to do so, he died after the plane he was flying in crashed into the English Channel.

Chairman Mehmet Dalman has been quoted in the Sunday Telegraph as saying: "We believe that the player was not registered with the Premier League."

The Times report says the error could be significant for Sala's family. They say as players automatically become part of the Professional Footballers’ Association’s pension scheme as soon as they are registered with the Premier League, it provides a £600,000 death-in-service payment to their families.

However, the PFA is reported to be set to push for the pension fund "to honour the payment as Sala had signed a contract with Cardiff on January 18".

The Premier League registration is separate to the International Transfer Certificate, which was completed after Sala’s move to Cardiff from Nantes. That was registered with the Football Association of Wales and confirmed him as a Cardiff player, leaving the club liable to pay Nantes the transfer fee.

John Bramhall, the PFA deputy chief executive, told The Times: "It will be for the trustees to see whether they are able to make the payment from there. Normally it would be a simple process but we will be speaking with them on this. Usually, as soon as a contract is registered with the Premier League the player is enrolled on the pension scheme."

Argentinian striker Sala died after the plane he was flying in crashed into the English Channel on January 21. His funeral took place in Argentina at the weekend.

His family and friends gathered in his hometown of Progreso for a day-long wake to pay tribute to him, which you can see pictures of in the gallery below

Nantes have demanded the first £5m down payment of the £15m record fee the Bluebirds agreed for the capture of the Argentine striker.

But Cardiff have frozen any payments whilst they conduct their own investigation into the matter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:19 am

Daya wrote:I bet Willie really worried by this threat

I bet he is not sleeping !!!

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:26 am

castleblue wrote:
fred keenor wrote:The club must have known about this within days of the transfer as they would have been unformed of the need for Emiliano to sign an ammended contract.

Surely our insurance company would refuse to pay out as he was not our player.

Well done to the club for keeping this discreet during the past month and hopefully the press and Daily Mail will issue an apology.

Cardiff City Insurers would only pick up the risk for a player whilst he is a registered player, he wasn't so the risk is with the insurers of Nantes.

I'm certain Cardiff City knew there was "Issues" with the documentation supplied to the FIFA TMS database, but I absolutely believe that Nantes were as well and those crass bastards were on the phone straight away demanding the money.

No doubt in my mind who the bad guys are here and it's not Cardiff City Football Club, it's owner, Chairman, CEO or Manager.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I fully agree. Nantes were taking a punt hoping we would pay up before the full details of ES contract came to light. If CCFC had paid just a £1 towards the transfer fee then they would have argued rightly we had accepted liability.

The club's administrators have acted appropriately now it is up to Nantes and the agents involved to do the same.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:34 am

Daya wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Totally agree

The board would be muppets if they thought wording on a fans flag took priority over the wording of a contract :roll: The contract was invalid because the PL/FA found flaws which needed addressing and a new contract needed to be drafted. Contracts are not binding until all sides agree to the T&C's and one party to the contract (the PL/FA) had not signed up.

Whether you like it or not ES was not our player at the time of his death and therefore Nantes are responsible for claiming on their liability insurance.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:32 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Daya wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Totally agree

The board would be muppets if they thought wording on a fans flag took priority over the wording of a contract :roll: The contract was invalid because the PL/FA found flaws which needed addressing and a new contract needed to be drafted. Contracts are not binding until all sides agree to the T&C's and one party to the contract (the PL/FA) had not signed up.

Whether you like it or not ES was not our player at the time of his death and therefore Nantes are responsible for claiming on their liability insurance.

Best response on here concerning the flag and the contract. Would'nt fancy this Daya person dealing with any of my legal affairs if he thinks some words printed on a flag take precedence over a legally binding contract. Think the only bit he got right was using the word muppets, he just mixed himself up with the board a little bit.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
hagleyblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
fred keenor wrote:I'm certain Cardiff City knew there was "Issues" with the documentation supplied to the FIFA TMS database, but I absolutely believe that Nantes were as well and those crass bastards were on the phone straight away demanding the money.

Surely that will go against us if it goes to court as it implies we knew he was our player.

No becsuse when he posed he sighned a contract but that contract was then deemed void later so its believed . :thumbup:

It's Roathie or perhaps Daya.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Daya wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Totally agree

I wonder how many players have found themselves in the same situation. The only time we as supporters know that a player is ours is come 3PM on the Saturday.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:00 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
hagleyblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

No becsuse when he posed he sighned a contract but that contract was then deemed void later so its believed . :thumbup:

It's Roathie or perhaps Daya.

Mmmmm maybe both? :laughing6: