A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Kicking off Cardiff fighting with police

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:43 am

grange_end1927 wrote:its still kicking off, fighting everywhere

fighting everywhere ?

no there was not..

Re: Updated: Kicking off Cardiff fighting with police

Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:04 am

banana bob wrote:Youngsters letting off steam, it's happened in every generation. Teds fighting in dance halls, mods v rockers, skinheads, boot boys, casuals, etc. We now live in a PC world where anything that is not whiter than white is scorned upon. People live through rose tinted glasses but the reality is that it was ten times worse in the 70's & 80's. It's no big deal.

don’t think it’s a PC problem that idiots are going out of their way to intimidate families and cause trouble unprovoked

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:25 am

How do these morons get tickets for away games when many fans who would like to go to away games cant get tickets

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:43 am

Trueblue49 wrote:How do these morons get tickets for away games when many fans who would like to go to away games cant get tickets

Think about it.

It's probably cos their season ticket holders and the fans who can't get tickets are not.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:58 am

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:
banana bob wrote:Youngsters letting off steam, it's happened in every generation. Teds fighting in dance halls, mods v rockers, skinheads, boot boys, casuals, etc. We now live in a PC world where anything that is not whiter than white is scorned upon. People live through rose tinted glasses but the reality is that it was ten times worse in the 70's & 80's. It's no big deal.

don’t think it’s a PC problem that idiots are going out of their way to intimidate families and cause trouble unprovoked

It is a PC problem. The twats are Petty Criminals.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:30 am

Why has the OP got to start posts which are anything anti Cardiff again? You sir are a clown.

Trouble ? I seen more trouble on a black Friday in Asda

Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:57 am

Trueblue49 wrote:How do these morons get tickets for away games when many fans who would like to go to away games cant get tickets

Wolves tickets were on General Sale to fans with no previous away games last weekend, I know this as I looked before booking my Everton tickets

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:12 am

From what I’ve been told these ‘reports’ above are a massive exaggeration.

Mostly just posturing and a bit of push and shove, mostly by the police trying to move people on.

I don’t know if the guys who seem to love making a big deal of these things realise the damage they do to our client b and the issues they cause for travellers who just aren’t interested in getting into this crap.

Next thing to know we’ll be back to restrictions on our travel and reduced allocations

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:29 am

snoopystorm wrote:

Wolves tickets were on General Sale to fans with no previous away games last weekend, I know this as I looked before booking my Everton tickets

Away tickets never go on general sale. The criteria may be set at zero games but you have to be a member or season ticket holder to buy them. That doesn't of course stop people getting them from people who are able to buy them.

I was supposed to go yesterday but couldn't after my wife had a car accident on Friday. I didn't escape the embarrassment though. My 85 year old Mother in law who was having to come up from mid wales had the misfortune of sharing a train carriage from Shrewsbury to Wolverhampton with a load of our foul mouthed song singing followers. In the scheme of things no great big deal but its easy to forget how repulsive the football fan can be to the general public.

Obviously cant comment on yesterdays events but very rarely miss a Wolves away game since I first went there in the 70's. I would say that in general both sets of fans over the years have been as bad as each other and the WMP do their job in keeping the peace. That is bar the concourse trouble at the game in the early naughties which really was 90% the fault of the police. That was nothing less than an all out assault. It still bugs me today that a game with a second half delayed 20 minutes for an incident, out of view of the pitch or rest of the ground, worst hand to hand fighting I've ever seen anywhere let alone a football match which resulted in numerous injuries and yet ended in no charges or convictions. It also resulted in no CCTV being made available to those wishing to bring the WMP to task. Odd that considering I was filmed by at least 3 separate mobile camera wielding officers in the few hundred yards walk to the car.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:45 am

epping blue wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

Away tickets never go on general sale. The criteria may be set at zero games but you have to be a member or season ticket holder to buy them. That doesn't of course stop people getting them from people who are able to buy them.

I was supposed to go yesterday but couldn't after my wife had a car accident on Friday. I didn't escape the embarrassment though. My 85 year old Mother in law who was having to come up from mid wales had the misfortune of sharing a train carriage from Shrewsbury to Wolverhampton with a load of our foul mouthed song singing followers. In the scheme of things no great big deal but its easy to forget how repulsive the football fan can be to the general public.

Obviously cant comment on yesterdays events but very rarely miss a Wolves away game since I first went there in the 70's. I would say that in general both sets of fans over the years have been as bad as each other and the WMP do their job in keeping the peace. That is bar the concourse trouble at the game in the early naughties which really was 90% the fault of the police. That was nothing less than an all out assault. It still bugs me today that a game with a second half delayed 20 minutes for an incident, out of view of the pitch or rest of the ground, worst hand to hand fighting I've ever seen anywhere let alone a football match which resulted in numerous injuries and yet ended in no charges or convictions. It also resulted in no CCTV being made available to those wishing to bring the WMP to task. Odd that considering I was filmed by at least 3 separate mobile camera wielding officers in the few hundred yards walk to the car.

GS on the ticket site means general sale, I selected tickets and it gave me a £60 price and stated no criteria needed. Not arguing just pointing out that the last few tickets were on GS. Just wanted to see what the criteria was as haven’t been away in years before booking my Everton tickets

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:34 am

snoopystorm wrote:
epping blue wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

GS on the ticket site means general sale, I selected tickets and it gave me a £60 price and stated no criteria needed. Not arguing just pointing out that the last few tickets were on GS. Just wanted to see what the criteria was as haven’t been away in years before booking my Everton tickets

But surely your a member or a season ticket holder ? I assume you bought 2 at the price so did you have to assign the second ticket. I stand corrected if they are now on sale to non season ticket / holders members. To be honest I have thought the time was coming for them to relax these rules as there's been little trouble in recent years.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:04 pm

None of its exaggerated spoken to enough people who say it got way out of control after the game.

Police smashed Cardiff fans with truncheons after the game and allowed Wolves fans to bait Cardiff fans.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:12 pm

epping blue wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
epping blue wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

But surely your a member or a season ticket holder ? I assume you bought 2 at the price so did you have to assign the second ticket. I stand corrected if they are now on sale to non season ticket / holders members. To be honest I have thought the time was coming for them to relax these rules as there's been little trouble in recent years.

I looked at the tickets before logging in. Like I said I looked, I went on specifically for the Tuesday night tickets, was just curious what the criteria was 6 days before yesterday’s match.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:13 pm

epping blue wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

Hope you're wife is OK Epping.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:23 pm

RV Casual wrote:
epping blue wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

Hope you're wife is OK Epping.

Thanks. She's a bit shock up but OK.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:10 pm

I don't know about half time as I stayed by my seat but I was close to all the so called action areas after the game and it was pretty timid to be honest. Lot's of posturing by both sides and not a lot more. Police running around like headless chickens didn't help matters as they gave the impression of something serious kicking off.
It wasn't all families and scarfer Wolves fans next to the Coach Park either, as one post mentioned earlier. There were quite a few Wolves youngsters looking for trouble passing the coach park trying to goad our lot. The Police presence meant that nothing serious happened.
Did anyone else notice the Police drone in the air filming?

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:34 pm

:occasion5: :thumbup:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:38 pm

We were the last out the ground and as were walking up the hill about 20 police came running past us, obviously as reinforcements to what was going on around the coaches. When we were still about 200 yards from the coaches and on the other side of the road from the coaches a fight broke out between a young Wolves fan and a young City fan when a fifty something Wolves fan came running over and launched an attack on the Cardiff fan which ended up with them both falling into the ring road. At the same time there were a few old Wolves fans around looking for Cardiff stragglers. This wasn't just Cardiff to blame, wasnt kids and from what we saw wasnt handbags.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:16 pm

Police smashed city fans with truncheons?? I know Wolves is backwards didn’t realise they were stuck in the 80s lol.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:26 pm

Spot on with that always happens always will. We would scrap at school don’t see that much now. Part of growing up.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:31 pm

Not sure about yesterday but always been trouble at wolves in all my time watching the city. Can you imagine the meltdown if today’s generation seen a police van turned over like what happened back in the 2000’s always been problems and WMP one of the worst.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:05 am

Blue Legend wrote:I don't know about half time as I stayed by my seat but I was close to all the so called action areas after the game and it was pretty timid to be honest. Lot's of posturing by both sides and not a lot more. Police running around like headless chickens didn't help matters as they gave the impression of something serious kicking off.
It wasn't all families and scarfer Wolves fans next to the Coach Park either, as one post mentioned earlier. There were quite a few Wolves youngsters looking for trouble passing the coach park trying to goad our lot. The Police presence meant that nothing serious happened.
Did anyone else notice the Police drone in the air filming?

a mate said somethings happening under the stand, so was going for a cigarrette anyway we went down, watched from the stairs for a few mins, 2 lines of OB cutting the concorse in half , lots of young Cardiff shouting and singing either side. walked past to the smoking area +5 mins watching nuch the same...not sure why OB decided to line up as they did. but there was not fighting everywhere as reported on here.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:38 am

video aint that bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgDQKbR ... Ei8zscAczo

Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:40 am

Stringfellow wrote:Not sure about yesterday but always been trouble at wolves in all my time watching the city. Can you imagine the meltdown if today’s generation seen a police van turned over like what happened back in the 2000’s always been problems and WMP one of the worst.

I remember 2007 we done the double on them :thumbright:

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:21 am

grange_end1927 wrote:video aint that bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgDQKbR ... Ei8zscAczo

well its more than happened at half time.