Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hiding behind a Keyboard

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:32 am

It’s getting a trend on here to attack or vilify a person or groups on here whilst hiding who you are. Now if you want to do that at least have the balls to put who you actually are. ie your real name.

Not going to rant on but posters on here should take a hard look at themselves, now most know me as Nukes and know exactly who I am but if you don’t in the interest of fairness it’s Steve Thomas.

Just so I don’t get accused of hypocrisy.

So please stop the personal attacks against those you dont know.

Re: Hiding behind a Keyboard

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:36 am

Good shout.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:49 am

Good post my 1st name is sufficient made it a policy never put 2nd name out anywhere not even internet goes back to work i did! But there's been upturn in name calling thats for sure..

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:53 am

Only site my full name is on is Linked In for business reasons, my Facebook is my 1st name and part of my online id (I’ve used snoopystorm as a gamer tag for years now).

I’m in the Facebook group too - Paul Snoops

I’ve got no issues people knowing who I am :thumbright:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:00 pm

I don’t have issues with posters hiding there real names but if you want to insult anyone use your real name. Don’t say anything you are not prepared to say face to face. Now if any of those want to chat with those in that group photo in person I can arrange that. After all as someone said there daughter can go one on one with any of them so nothing to worry about surely.
It boiled my piss that’s all lads. I’ve had a chat with some on that photo and they aren’t happy at all. They are all Cardiff why was the need to have a go one because most are young and the way they dressed ffs

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:07 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I don’t have issues with posters hiding there real names but if you want to insult anyone use your real name. Don’t say anything you are not prepared to say face to face. Now if any of those want to chat with those in that group photo in person I can arrange that. After all as someone said there daughter can go one on one with any of them so nothing to worry about surely.
It boiled my piss that’s all lads. I’ve had a chat with some on that photo and they aren’t happy at all. They are all Cardiff why was the need to have a go one because most are young and the way they dressed ffs

Going to get that kind of attitude in all walks of life mate not just a forum unfortunately.

It’s good to see a large crowd of youngsters going to away games, shows our support base is solid for a few more years to come. I remember going to a few away games when I was 17/18 back in the ‘90’s, different times back then mind lol

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:23 pm

Nukes, I think everyone knows me on here :lol: and I say it how I see it whether many disagree :thumbright:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:44 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I don’t have issues with posters hiding there real names but if you want to insult anyone use your real name. Don’t say anything you are not prepared to say face to face. Now if any of those want to chat with those in that group photo in person I can arrange that. After all as someone said there daughter can go one on one with any of them so nothing to worry about surely.

has that photo been taken down

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:49 pm

casa gil wrote:

Yes I asked Annis to do it. No place for that on here mate.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:57 pm

frankly it's none of your business whether people decide to disclose their personal information. especially given the tribalism in football.

do you expecting minors to put out their name? if not why not? and if not, is this forum only for adults?

it's a place to discuss football, it's not a social network. if people break the forum rules, that can easily be dealt with.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:08 pm

northernbluebird wrote:frankly it's none of your business whether people decide to disclose their personal information. especially given the tribalism in football.

do you expecting minors to put out their name? if not why not? and if not, is this forum only for adults?

it's a place to discuss football, it's not a social network. if people break the forum rules, that can easily be dealt with.

If you want to abuse others under a hidden identity especially youngsters then have the moral decency to let those you are abusing know who you are.
As I said I have no problem with those who hide there identity as 99% don’t use that to abuse people

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:27 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:frankly it's none of your business whether people decide to disclose their personal information. especially given the tribalism in football.

If you want to abuse others under a hidden identity especially youngsters then have the moral decency to let those you are abusing know who you are.
As I said I have no problem with those who hide there identity as 99% don’t use that to abuse people

the point i make is that telling everyone to disclose their identity opens up a whole host of problems. for instance, whackos could look people up and put a brick through their window. i wouldn't want my child to put his identity on this site and have people snooping in on him, it's a matter of basic internet security.

and don't you dare even insinuate that i have abused people on here or accuse me of being an apologist for all the negative activity on this site. if people break the site rules, it should be dealt with by moderators.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:31 pm

What have I missed ?

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:50 pm

a vile insinuation by OP towards myself.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:53 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:It’s getting a trend on here to attack or vilify a person or groups on here whilst hiding who you are. Now if you want to do that at least have the balls to put who you actually are. ie your real name.

Not going to rant on but posters on here should take a hard look at themselves, now most know me as Nukes and know exactly who I am but if you don’t in the interest of fairness it’s Steve Thomas.

Just so I don’t get accused of hypocrisy.

So please stop the personal attacks against those you dont know.

Frankie Fenn but its still noyb.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:59 pm

Know what you're saying Nukes.

I'm Simon Underhill, if you don't like what I say we can meet for a cuddle and a Bovril at a home game. Football is all about opinions. :)

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:05 pm

I,m Spartacus sorry Nukes coudn,t help it by the way you are 100% well said

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:06 pm

maltablue wrote:I,m Spartacus sorry Nukes coudn,t help it by the way you are 100% well said

I'm Spartacus

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:17 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
casa gil wrote:

Quite right.

A few of those lads have travelled with me quite a few times and they are decent kids on the whole.

They can dress how they want and as long as they keep out of trouble then they are fine.

I would also add that these lads make a hell of a lot of noise.

If you notice, our support in the last few years has become younger and louder, so if you want to go back to a few hundred miserable old men going away then keep on slagging the youngsters.

Personally I think it’s great that we’ve got more young supporters than for many years.

And why describe them as Cardiff’s mob. You are branding them without knowing what they are actually like.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:19 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
casa gil wrote:

Quite right.

A few of those lads have travelled with me quite a few times and they are decent kids on the whole.

They can dress how they want and as long as they keep out of trouble then they are fine.

If you notice, our support in the last few years has become younger and louder, so if you want to go back to a few hundred miserable old men going away then keep on slagging the youngsters.

Personally I think it’s great that we’ve got more young supporters than for many years.

And why describe them as Cardiff’s mob. You are branding them without knowing what they are actually like.

People seem to forget that they were young once....

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:25 pm

Xcasual wrote:What have I missed ?

people name calling and belittling the picture of those loyal young men going to Wolverhampton..

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:35 pm

For the record, my name is John (and almost immediately after joining, I disclosed this by PM to Annis, who will, no doubt be willing to verify this).

Adding full details to anything web based is unwise in many cases and as a teacher, I advise all my pupils to hide their ID, not just while they are at school, but when they become adults.

There are a dangerous minority online who target people with ‘open’ profiles for financial gain and in some cases to stalk.

I do, however, agree that it’s a bit low to post stuff on here designed to bring down another member of the forum. Fortunately, the mods don’t take much nonsense before they act.

Again, for the record, I’ve had some pretty nasty stuff posted about myself and I have to say, the perpetrator was banned.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:46 pm

I'm Steve aswell, it's a good name haha and tbh I don't say anything on here I wouldn't face to face, I'll also hold my hands up when I'm wrong and got no issue apologising if I'm out of line as some will testify to.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:02 pm

BAMBA CREW wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
casa gil wrote:

Quite right.

People seem to forget that they were young once....

Indeed.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:07 pm

:sad7:

W
Lawnmower wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
casa gil wrote:

Quite right.

Tim ,Agreed :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:08 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:For the record, my name is John (and almost immediately after joining, I disclosed this by PM to Annis, who will, no doubt be willing to verify this).

Adding full details to anything web based is unwise in many cases and as a teacher, I advise all my pupils to hide their ID, not just while they are at school, but when they become adults.

There are a dangerous minority online who target people with ‘open’ profiles for financial gain and in some cases to stalk.

I do, however, agree that it’s a bit low to post stuff on here designed to bring down another member of the forum. Fortunately, the mods don’t take much nonsense before they act.

Again, for the record, I’ve had some pretty nasty stuff posted about myself and I have to say, the perpetrator was banned.

100% True John :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:10 pm

northernbluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

the point i make is that telling everyone to disclose their identity opens up a whole host of problems. for instance, whackos could look people up and put a brick through their window. i wouldn't want my child to put his identity on this site and have people snooping in on him, it's a matter of basic internet security.

and don't you dare even insinuate that i have abused people on here or accuse me of being an apologist for all the negative activity on this site. if people break the site rules, it should be dealt with by moderators.

Bloody hell where have I said I have picked or insinuate I’m on about you ? Look tbh didn’t take note of the usernames that was abusing and if you wasn’t one of those abusing those in the photo then stand easy soldier ffs before you have a coronary.
But if you was one of those then if the cap fits stick it on your nut.
I never mentioned anyone so calm down fella lol

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:13 pm

BAMBA CREW wrote:
maltablue wrote:I,m Spartacus sorry Nukes coudn,t help it by the way you are 100% well said

I'm Spartacus

Bloody hell ain’t seen you in a long time big man lol I will join you for a bottled water Chief. Drink very rarely these days I can be found in the cross boringly sipping my water :lol:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:15 pm

BAMBA CREW wrote:Know what you're saying Nukes.

I'm Simon Underhill, if you don't like what I say we can meet for a cuddle and a Bovril at a home game. Football is all about opinions. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: them fooking arms you would kill me lol

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:27 pm

Wez me :lol: