Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' its Not looking good at all for Sol Bamba '

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:21 am

Sol Bamba could miss the rest of Cardiff City's season after going off on stretcher v Wolves

Neil Warnock:

"The worse scenario is if it's a bad one, I can't see him playing again this season."

Sunday 3rd March 2019

Cardiff City talisman Sol Bamba could be ruled out for the remainder of the season after going off on a stretcher against Wolves and leaving the stadium on crutches.

The Bluebirds centre-back, who is their joint top scorer this season, went down after challenging Adama Traore and was substituted by Bruno Manga in the 2-0 defeat.

Bamba was booked in the process, having already made a huge error to allow Raul Jimenez to double Wolves' lead at Molineux.

And Neil Warnock confirmed the injury may well be "season defining", speaking in his post-match press conference.

Asked how Bamba was, he said: "Not very good, we honestly don't know the full extent but I would imagine the way things are going, it would be season-defining. "

"You can't tell with things like that until they've settled down with swelling."

"The worse scenario is if it's a bad one, I can't see him playing again this season."

"But that's imaging it's the worse scenario."

"He's had a rip on his thigh which should had kept him out for six weeks, so you never know with Sol - he might be alright for next weekend."

Bamba left Molineux on crutches with a heavy leg support around his thigh.

His injury would leave Cardiff short in central defence. Sean Morrison has struggled since returning from an appendix operation, though Manga impressed in the second half at Wolves.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' its looking Not good at all for Sol Bamba '

Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:36 pm

If we have lost him for the remainder its going to be very difficult wirhout mr motivator and more pressure on morrison, sh.t

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:25 pm

Awful news

Put Manga central defence

Doesn't look good at all

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:45 pm

He might not have the arm band but he’s our leader. Huge miss.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:13 pm

Huge miss ? Not for me ,hes has much to blame for our recent slump has anyone. Yes he's a fans favourite but his individual errors are as much to blame as anyone else .. generally our back 4/5 isn't good enough not matter who's out .

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:28 pm

boyosback wrote:Huge miss ? Not for me ,hes has much to blame for our recent slump has anyone. Yes he's a fans favourite but his individual errors are as much to blame as anyone else .. generally our back 4/5 isn't good enough not matter who's out .

I tend to agree but when Manga is centre half we do appear more solid. This is his best position. Just as Morrison went out and we improved as a back four the same may happen with Bambas injury. He has been as culpable as any of the others in the back four for goals conceded. At fault against Southampton, Watfored and Wolves. What the hell has also happened to Cunningham and Richards? They must be truely dreadful if they can't get in the team over Bennett and Peltier at the moment.

Re: ' its Not looking good at all for Sol Bamba '

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:46 pm

Warnock did say about Bambas thigh when talking about Camarasas unavailability so it seems he's been playing with it not 100% right.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:12 am

EastleighBlue wrote:
boyosback wrote:Huge miss ? Not for me ,hes has much to blame for our recent slump has anyone. Yes he's a fans favourite but his individual errors are as much to blame as anyone else .. generally our back 4/5 isn't good enough not matter who's out .

I tend to agree but when Manga is centre half we do appear more solid. This is his best position. Just as Morrison went out and we improved as a back four the same may happen with Bambas injury. He has been as culpable as any of the others in the back four for goals conceded. At fault against Southampton, Watfored and Wolves. What the hell has also happened to Cunningham and Richards? They must be truely dreadful if they can't get in the team over Bennett and Peltier at the moment.

Does anyone know if these two players actually exist?

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:49 am

Alan_in_China wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

Does anyone know if these two players actually exist?

Cunningham was in with the away fans on saturday as was Murphy. Dunno where Jazz Richards is tho.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:28 am

It's going to be a rough ride without Bamba.. Morrison needs to get his act together now there's only one captain on the pitch !!

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:09 am

I thought when he went off on Saturday and Manga was brought on we actually improved.I know he is a talismanic player for us but Manga is a better central defender. Not sure if he will be missed as much as many people think.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:59 am

Crayfish wrote:I thought when he went off on Saturday and Manga was brought on we actually improved.I know he is a talismanic player for us but Manga is a better central defender. Not sure if he will be missed as much as many people think.

It's a bit of a worry at a key time when we need to improve rapidly in defence, but fingers crossed we still have two good centre-halves no matter what some people think, an injury to one of those though and our season could be over !!!

Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:45 am

Whichever back 4 starts next game - They need to step up and stop leaking goals .