Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SOME CARDIFF 'FANS' CALLING FOR NEIL WARNOCK TO BE SACKED?

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:29 am

Lots of Cardiff City fans are calling for Neil Warnock to be sacked, this is why they're plain wrong
By Dominic Booth

Sunday 3rd March 2019

Cardiff City correspondent Dominic Booth argues Warnock must stay in his job and be given the chance to triumph in adversity yet again

Three defeats, 10 goals conceded and a whole heap of inexplicable mistakes; the last 10 days have been truly disheartening for Cardiff City and their supporters.

They've also been difficult for Neil Warnock, who has been at a loss to explain his team's performances against Watford, Everton and Wolves.

Oh how the Bluebirds would love to be in those comfortable mid-table positions occupied by their three most recent opponents.

But that was never on the cards, was it?

Cardiff always knew their dream scenario this season would be to narrowly escape relegation. Anything more would have been fantasy land.

They are not Wolves. Not yet, sorry.

Warnock's critics - and they are a growing number - roll their eyes when the veteran manager responds to these defeats by speaking of Cardiff like a team who don’t belong at the top table.

'Limited resources', 'punching above our weight', 'nobody gave us a prayer' - these are euphemisms designed to cast Warnock’s team in the role of ultimate underdog, but of course the cliches hold so true.

Many pundits believed this ragtag Bluebirds bunch would be relegated by now, some predicted record low points tallies.

All of which makes the growing calls for Warnock to be sacked utterly perplexing.

Social media is perhaps not the truest gauge of how a fanbase is feeling (the more reactive sections of the support seem to shout loudest) but the response to Cardiff's lacklustre 2-0 reverse at Molineux was dominated by calls for Warnock's head.

What? Seriously?

Should Cardiff really sack one of the best managers in their history on the back of three defeats to unarguably superior sides?

Cardiff, under Warnock, have always been underdogs. Rustlers. The side that shouldn't win, but somehow find a way.

Okay, in the past 10 days they haven't found a way. They've been found out, to an extent, for reasons that have been well documented.

They have spectacularly failed to embody that 'upset the odds' Bluebirds mission statement: an ethos which, until now, has bound the hardy south Wales support together.

But in adversity, Warnock's Cardiff come good - another cliché which is not without justification.

Let's not forget this team defied all expectations to win promotion last season, overcoming similar obstacles in March and April as the Championship's twists and turns so nearly derailed the Bluebirds' bold bid to finish second.

Warnock pulled through then and supporters should have every confidence he can repeat the trick now.

Besides, sacking managers hasn't exactly worked wonders for Fulham and Huddersfield, nor Southampton who - by the way - Cardiff are still just two points behind in the table.

If not Warnock, then who else?

Some of the names touted in dark corners of Twitter are too ridiculous to mention.

Fans will rightly question some of Warnock's decisions. Absolutely, they should. Some of the calls have been wrong and have cost Cardiff points in crucial games.

Should he have slotted Sean Morrison straight back into the side? Why has he dropped Harry Arter? Where is the width? Why have City suddenly forgotten how to defend?

These are all legitimate questions Cardiff fans should be asking of their manager.

And Warnock needs to address them in the remaining nine games of the season, or his team will be relegated.

But to question his role as manager, at this stage of the season, after everything Neil Warnock has done for Cardiff City, is plain stupid.

The Cardiff hierarchy shouldn't even countenance the idea.

Sacking Neil Warnock right now would merely serve to destabilise a club that has been through more than enough this season.

It's time to knuckle down and prove this miracle is still very much possible.

It's time to address the real questions that are plaguing the bid to stay in the Premier League.

It's time to work out how to beat West Ham at Cardiff City Stadium next week.

It's time to keep the faith!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: SOME CARDIFF 'FANS' CALLING FOR NEIL WARNOCK TO BE SACKE

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:30 am

For me Without a doubt DEF not, NEIL WARNOCK took us u on a small budget and has had a small budget this season, totally deserves to be manager till May 2019 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:32 am

Good article from Dominic Booth :thumbright:

Cardiff City supporters should embrace the realistic chance we still have for Premier League survival until it's mathematically impossible to do so...

Giving up now (as some have done) should not be an option! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:36 am

Warnock has done an amazing job and does not deserve the sack after taking us up last year.

BUT

Just look at that picture, look at his interviews, listen to him talk.

His race is run, it's obvious he doesn't believe we can stay up and its dragging the team down.
It's a hard decision but it may be our only option for survival

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:40 am

I think this is his last season and he deserves to see it out.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:45 am

Definitely not he should be allowed to go out with dignity at end season i think he'll go anyway and will retire the events have clearly taken its toll ! If it means relegation so be it its been one hell of a ride if frustrating at times but then thats city through and through.... :bluescarf:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Some really good articles coming from Dominic Bioth lately in fairness.

As for sacking Warnock I disagree, leave him stay the course to the summer then see how he feels, if he wants to retire then we’ll send him on his merry way thankful for all he’s done, if he’s wants to stay then the board have to get behind him again as they have these past few seasons but this time give him the funds to get the quality we need to do the job

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:11 pm

I thought i wanted him sacked after the everton game but when i woke up in the morning and had calmed down theres no way id want him sacked, I think hes our best ever manager and it would be a pity for him to get sacked on what will probably be his last season

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:11 pm

It’s a miracle warnock got us promoted,but his record in the premier league ain’t very good,he deserved the chance to manage us this season but,I think he’s taken us as far as he can,his team selections have been a bit weird the last few games,I honestly think he’s out of ideas now,the big question would be with the budget he was giving,what manager would have done any better???

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Neil deserves to stay and i hope he does, and i don't think anybody really would like to sack him its just frustration by fans including myself at the possibility of us dropping out of the prem after just one season and the swans managing a rather longer stint, if we do drop though i cannot see neil doing another season he has had a lot taken out of him with the sala loss and the stress incurred, also the thought of not been able to keep us up would lay heavy on his shoulders. Looking to the future manager david moyes would get my vote had experience in the championship and did wonders at everton on a very low budget,

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:29 pm

Warnock picked the best possible team again wolves, except for Morrison. Lets face it apart from Camarasa we don't have the class of player to compete in the Premier League. I am sure Neil can bring us up again next season.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:34 pm

Where did this crap come from? I haven't heard anyone calling for NW's head. Most city fans I speak to recognise the job he's done, and the job he's still doing. His body language lately has been one of despair, but that's the same as the rest of us. If anyone can keep us up it's Neil, so while we've got games left, the hope is still there.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:44 pm

some Cardiff fans need to get back on the drugs, no point in getting rid of the best championship manager for next season.

We have a championship squad, he's got to stay, get rid of dead wood and come back up.

God knows who the looney bin Tan will bring in if he goes, no doubt the painter and decorator will have a say, we'll free fall to division 1!

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:58 pm

Are our fans deluded? Warnock no matter what you say about him will most likely call it time at the end of this season after relegation or survival. He admits he will miss the tension during the season but there comes a time when like Warnock the best of his reign has come to an end. And our fans are panicking but at least we are giving a go throughout this season.

And for a team like us who before 2013 have not been in the Prem for over 50 years, I say it has not been a bad season, and Warnock said it himself IF we are still within a chance of survival at the end of this season we will be happy enough.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:03 pm

Bluesman wrote:Warnock picked the best possible team again wolves, except for Morrison. Lets face it apart from Camarasa we don't have the class of player to compete in the Premier League. I am sure Neil can bring us up again next season.

Commentators remarked Camarasa looked 'disinterested' for much of the game yesterday? :?

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:07 pm

Sven wrote:
Bluesman wrote:Warnock picked the best possible team again wolves, except for Morrison. Lets face it apart from Camarasa we don't have the class of player to compete in the Premier League. I am sure Neil can bring us up again next season.

Commentators remarked Camarasa looked 'disinterested' for much of the game yesterday? :?

I don’t agree with that. He was giving it a good go.

I watched a stream and they didn’t say that once.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:20 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

It was Kevin Rattcliff on the Radio who said it, i watched it on the stream and thought he was no worse than anyone else, a mate of mine was listening to game and was texting me and he mention it, :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:28 pm

I must be mad and in the minority, but I think he will keep us up and retire.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:39 pm

He shouldn't be sacked and has done an amazing job with us over the past 3 years. Personally Id be happy with him as manager next season if we went down but after everything that's happened regarding the Sala tragedy and investigations etc, I think he'll probably retire and call it a day. But at no point does he deserve to be sacked.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:44 pm

arri potta wrote:some Cardiff fans need to get back on the drugs, no point in getting rid of the best championship manager for next season.

We have a championship squad, he's got to stay, get rid of dead wood and come back up.

God knows who the looney bin Tan will bring in if he goes, no doubt the painter and decorator will have a say, we'll free fall to division 1!

To go straight back down again,when will you Warnock groupies understand that if we did go back up the only chance we would have of staying up is to have a new owner who would embrace the opportunitys we could have being a member of the best league in world football also we would need a manager who would have modern ideas and tactics,everything Warnock doesn't have in his locker to help keep us in the Premiership

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:50 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
arri potta wrote:some Cardiff fans need to get back on the drugs, no point in getting rid of the best championship manager for next season.

To go straight back down again,when will you Warnock groupies understand that if we did go back up the only chance we would have of staying up is to have a new owner who would embrace the opportunitys we could have being a member of the best league in world football also we would need a manager who would have modern ideas and tactics,everything Warnock doesn't have in his locker to help keep us in the Premiership

Modern ideas like the Fulham and Huddersfield managers who both got sacked as with higher budgets they performed worse than Warnock and Cardiff.

Some people just love talking shite.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:41 pm

For me he chooses when he leaves.

His appointment was a short term fix to stop us changing divisions as we were heading for L1 but he never read the script and changed our division to the premier league.

We were never ready for a proper tilt at the premier league and lets face it where we are is as much as many of us thought. Talk of mid table was fanciful. We may still stay up though as we've always bounced back after these little dips.

Whatever league we are in we need to a total overhaul of defence and midfield, its up to Neil if he fancies it as it will be a hectic summer as we need about 8 to 10 in

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:29 pm

This is why i hae the promised land and all the shit that comes with it. It was a bonus we got up, a bonus if we stay up and bigger bonus if Warnock stays for another year. Warnock till I die!!

If, if we go down I will not miss prem one bit and all the slammings that go with it. Just use the parachute payments to go again!!!!

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:For me Without a doubt DEF not, NEIL WARNOCK took us u on a small budget and has had a small budget this season, totally deserves to be manager till May 2019 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Without a doubt, if he had a glut of talented players that weren’t achieving then maybe so but he hasn’t and he’s worked wonders. He might well fall short but don’t write Neil off just yet.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:54 pm

Think the question should be asked back has to be is there any other manager who could have done what Sir Neil has done. SIMPLE ANSWER NO!
No money to work with. Squad of 3 premier league players. What he has done is brought us fans back together and passion on the terraces. We all knew how hard it is to win games in the premiership,
I hate losing like everyone else and have opinions but no one should say Neil should be sacked.
These are people who know nothing about football.
In Neil we trust. :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: bet these people aren't around when we played in don't of 3,000 every week.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:30 pm

bluespeers wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

It was Kevin Rattcliff on the Radio who said it, i watched it on the stream and thought he was no worse than anyone else, a mate of mine was listening to game and was texting me and he mention it, :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

That's why

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:39 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

I didn't have the luxury of a 'stream but the commentators on BBC Radio Wales certainly did say that... :thumbright:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:43 pm

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

I didn't have the luxury of a 'stream but the commentators on BBC Radio Wales certainly did say that... :thumbright:

Want one?

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:03 pm

Many will disagree but so be it, he’s somehow kept us in a survival battle, fair play to him. He’s worked wonders til now and he will always be one of favourite managers. However, his flaws are that he doesn’t pick his best side, he shoehorns some players in who aren’t good enough. So what’s the point of an honest meeting amongst the players, if the manager isn’t honest enough to pick his best side?

He’s left us so short of quality, he would have been backed, and I am so sick of this bollocks of we shouldn’t be here, it’s a bonus season, we went up too soon. Our aim last year was the play offs to go up, it wasn’t expected but it was the target. If your target is to go up, why be so surprised when you get there. There is no bonus and no fun on getting so embarrassed so often. And before the almighty pop up - as they do, I was there when were in division 4 along with 1500 others. My level of fickle plastic is 85% homes games since I was 11. I am not a super duper every game fan due to work commitments.

In my opinion. He’s lost the plot since the win against Southampton, he’s rushed Morrison back and for no reason, we were winning, what message does that send? Dropping players to bring back a half fit useless defender who consistently been one of worst players all season. He’s not allowed players to have a decent run of games, when he did it Reid it’s proved it works. As I have said previously in another thread, with Sala, the game investigation, death threats at the club is just a bit too much as well as a relegation battle. For me, I think it’s time, we can’t rebuild now but we can get a manager who will pick our best 11, play to our strengths instead of opposition strengths and maybe just maybe stay up.

If he stays I hope he can pick his best side and sort this mess out. I am not against him staying, but we can’t stay as we are.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:11 pm

But who would you replace him with?

I've said all along he should be given the season as a MINIMUM and I'm sticking with that. All this get someone better is crazy, we're not a team anyone "better" would even want to come to. Be grateful for what we have through the good & the bad.