Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock:"There is not much I can do with players mistakes"

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:44 pm

Neil Warnock: Cardiff boss warns side to cut out mistakes

BBC

Sunday 3rd March 2019

"I don't think there is much you can do on the coaching side regarding the amount of mistakes my players are making."

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock is urging his side to stop making defensive errors in their bid to stay in the Premier League.

Only Fulham have conceded more goals than the Bluebird in the top flight after Saturday's 2-0 defeat to Wolves left them two points adrift of safety.

Warnock says there is little he can do.

"I don't think there is much you can do on the coaching side with that, they are just elementary mistakes we keep seem to be making," he explained.

"Two goals in the space of two minutes killed us, I am like a record, saying the same thing after games.

"Wolves didn't even have to work hard for the goals, they are both from silly mistakes. What can you say? It kills you and knocks you back.

"The first goal, there are three Cardiff players who can do better. I know they finished it well, but it is poor defending that gives them the opportunity to do that.

"It has been the story of our season. We never gave ourselves a chance. The lads made mistakes they shouldn't have done and they know that."

Warnock admits morale has suffered after the last three results, with Cardiff losing 5-1 at home to Watford and 3-0 against Everton before defeat at Wolves.

"The players are bound to be down. We are in that relegation patch again and giving away stupid goals. I feel a bit sorry for myself at the moment," he added.

"But we won't give in; we don't have those kind of players.

"I wouldn't expect anything other than the lads' chins on the floor.

"I do not know what more I can get out of the lads. But I have to get more, look at how I can get more out of them. They are such an honest group, I can not fault any of them."

Warnock admits he is worried about defender Sol Bamba who went off with a serious looking knee injury.

"It is disappointing and sums our season up," he said. "We will regroup, probably without Sol and go again next week."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Warnock:"There is not much I can do with players mistake

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:03 pm

He needs to change something, it’s gone wrong somewhere in the last 2 weeks since the cup break on and off the field, it’s hard to put your finger on it though. Maybe the club should look at a training session in front of a small crowd, with a meet and great afterwards, let the fans and players chat afterwards and see if that helps to boost morale.

Just a thought

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:07 pm

A very good idea

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:15 pm

Try Connolly.
He’s happy to keep switching the attackers and midfielders around.

Manga is clearly more comfortable at centre half then full back. Morrison wasn’t even close to either goal yesterday and has been half a stride behind almost every goal this year.Give Connolly a run and centre half with Manga.

What does he have to lose?

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:20 pm

well Picking your best players and playing them in their correct positions helps. How can it go from being Bournemouth and Southampton to now not knowing what to do?? We really need a change I think, if he doesn’t know what’s the point. Change it don’t just blame your players, you pick the side they follow your instructions.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:27 pm

snoopystorm wrote:He needs to change something, it’s gone wrong somewhere in the last 2 weeks since the cup break on and off the field, it’s hard to put your finger on it though. Maybe the club should look at a training session in front of a small crowd, with a meet and great afterwards, let the fans and players chat afterwards and see if that helps to boost morale.

Just a thought

Haha as long as the small crowd doesn't include angelis, dahboy, wolfpac and a few other loons!
Not a lot of morale boosting going to happen there mate!

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:33 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:He needs to change something, it’s gone wrong somewhere in the last 2 weeks since the cup break on and off the field, it’s hard to put your finger on it though. Maybe the club should look at a training session in front of a small crowd, with a meet and great afterwards, let the fans and players chat afterwards and see if that helps to boost morale.

Just a thought

Haha as long as the small crowd doesn't include angelis, dahboy, wolfpac and a few other loons!
Not a lot of morale boosting going to happen there mate!

You can add barrywelsh to that list too mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:55 pm

What could he do if bamba thought he was pele trying to beat their player with no one behind him? Sure NW tells the players to be pele in defence! :o

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:55 pm

Just a thought

Where you living in Kenfig hill bruva.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:20 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:

Just a thought

Near the comp mate

Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:24 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

Just a thought

Near the comp mate

Jack.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:27 pm

Dahboy wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

Just a thought

Near the comp mate

Jack.

How does that make me a jack? For starters I’ve got a CF postcode and I’m from Blackwood NP12 you dick :lol:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:47 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

Just a thought

Near the comp mate

Jack.

How does that make me a jack? For starters I’ve got a CF postcode and I’m from Blackwood NP12 you dick :lol:

I'm Cardiff born and bred but they all call me a jack on here for some reason :lol:you dick.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:05 pm

Just a thought

Great idea that.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:07 pm

Dahboy wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

Just a thought

Near the comp mate

Jack.

I'm Cardiff born and bred but they all call me a jack on here for some reason :lol:you dick.

That’s the nicest thing people call you.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:15 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

Just a thought

Near the comp mate

Ah rite not far from me en behind the mules rugby pitch I am.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:24 pm

Dahboy wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

Just a thought

Near the comp mate

Jack.

Once again, you unmask yourself unwittingly Professor !
I recently proved incontrovertibly , using the methods of Mr. Holmes, that you are none other than the direct descendent of the criminal genius Moriaty, now continuing the same evil deceptions of your ancestor under the guise of a harmless door to door Lavabread salesman in Swansea but unable to resist coming on to this forum using the name 'Dah' , which is both morse for "S" and the word used for father in your native Town.
Well. You've slipped up again , subconsciously adding the word "dick" to the suggestion that you're a Jack. Of course , this expression is a common nickname for a detective in popular crime fiction of the 1940's, and you thought you'd get away with that cryptic reference to the other poster's correct deduction.

I won't waste my time informing Lestrade or asking Watson to engage a carriage all the way from Baker Steet to your underground lair on the Mumbles because I'm certain that you will by the time of this posting have realised your own mistake and once again slipped away on a steam train or possibly some kind of paddle steamer which left very early in the morning in fog. However ,make no mistake , I have alerted all colonial police forces who will be on the look out for a man disguised as a Cardiff City supporter, but carrying a sheep under each arm who keeps saying, "..........Aye...."

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:31 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

Just a thought

Near the comp mate

Jack.

I recently proved incontrovertibly , using the methods of Mr. Holmes, that you are none other than the direct descendent of the criminal genius Moriaty, now continuing the same evil deceptions of your ancestor under the guise of a harmless door to door Lavabread salesman in Swansea but unable to resist coming on to this forum using the name 'Dah' , which is both morse for "S" and the word used for father in your native Town.
Well. You've slipped up again , subconsciously adding the word "dick" to the suggestion that you're a Jack. Of course , this expression is a common nickname for a detective in popular crime fiction of the 1940's, and you thought you'd get away with that cryptic reference to the other poster's correct deduction.

I won't waste my time informing Lestrade or asking Watson to engage a carriage all the way from Baker Steet to your underground lair on the Mumbles because I'm certain that you will by the time of this posting have realised your own mistake and once again slipped away on a steam train or possibly some kind of paddle steamer which left very early in the morning in fog. However ,make no mistake , I have alerted all colonial police forces who will be on the look out for a man disguised as a Cardiff City supporter, but carrying a sheep under each arm who keeps saying, "..........Aye...."
are you on acid? :lol:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:37 pm

Bamba tries to play the ball out like Pele every game and gets caught out time and time again. Who tells him to do it? If Warnock has told him not to then he could have been dropped for a game or two, maybe then he would have not done it again.. That's something you can do...

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:26 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

Just a thought

Near the comp mate

Jack.

Class sir :lol: :clap:

Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Sloper Road wrote:Bamba tries to play the ball out like Pele every game and gets caught out time and time again. Who tells him to do it? If Warnock has told him not to then he could have been dropped for a game or two, maybe then he would have not done it again.. That's something you can do...

Think you mean 'Franz Beckenbauer', a top class German defender.
Pele was never a defender, believe he wore 10 on his shirt! But never was a defender, so if he tried to play it out like Pele, there's your answer.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:09 pm

Bluebird Always wrote:
Sloper Road wrote:Bamba tries to play the ball out like Pele every game and gets caught out time and time again. Who tells him to do it? If Warnock has told him not to then he could have been dropped for a game or two, maybe then he would have not done it again.. That's something you can do...

Think you mean 'Franz Beckenbauer', a top class German defender.
Pele was never a defender, believe he wore 10 on his shirt! But never was a defender, so if he tried to play it out like Pele, there's your answer.

Think you'll find reference to pelè is to his ball dribbling skills not his defending.? And i made point bamba thought he was pelè defending that goal
:occasion5:

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:24 pm

I think the problem is that everyone is onto our game plan at this point and everyone knows how to cope with it.
No harm in saying at this stage that the way to nullify our defensive system is to run through it centrally. The midfield, as we know ,is largely missed out and our attack is based on moving the ball very quickly up the field and bringing support in to use second or even third phase ball effectively.
No one gets down too far forward against is anymore so the breakaways don't work.

What we need of course is a plan B, and I don't think we've got one.