Rhys Healey / Alex Smithies/ Greg Cunningham/ Stuart O'keefe

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:04 pm

Rhys Healey / Alex Smithies/ Greg Cunningham/ Stuart O'keefe all played :bluebird:

Rhys Healey Fires Crucial Goal For Young Bluebirds At Home

Bluebirds' goalkeeper Alex Smithies played for Cardiff City's under-23 team as an over-age player on Monday..

Cardiff City battled to a 1-1 draw in their Professional Development League under-23 match against Sheffield United.

The Bluebirds included senior players Greg Cunningham, Stuart O’Keefe, Rhys Healey and goalkeeper Alex Smithies in their starting line-up.

Healey scored Cardiff’s goal to put them ahead, but they drew 1-1 and have taken seven points from their ;last three PDL matches.

CARDIFF CITY DVP 1 SHEFFIELD UNITED DVP 1 :bluebird:

U23 Preview: Cardiff City vs. Sheffield United

Cardiff City’s U23 side hosts Sheffield United for a Professional Development League Two South clash at Cardiff City Stadium on Monday, 4th March 2019.

The match will kick off at 7pm and will have free entry via Gate Three for all fans who wish to attend.

Know Your Opponent

Travis Binnion is the current Head Coach of Sheffield United’s U23 side; since taking charge in 2016. The 32 year old struggled with injuries throughout his playing career after graduating through Sheffield United’s Academy in 2006. However the former defender did make six appearances for Finnish Premier Division side, IFK Mariehamn in 2008.

Binnion also had a short spell as a cricket player. He played a single List A match for the Nottinghamshire Cricket Board when they faced Cumberland in the first round of the 2003 Cheltenham and Gloucester Trophy. With only one appearance, he scored 20 runs and took a single catch during the encounter.

His current Blades side are sixth in PDL2 North standings. They have so far recorded eight wins, five draws and nine defeats in 22 league matches this campaign. The South Yorkshire-based team were defeated 2-1 away to Everton in the PL Cup for their most recent outing on Sunday, 24th February 2019. Reece Yorke broke the deadlock with half an hour to go for the visitors but the hosts responded with two late goals to win the tie.

Last Time Out at home

The Bluebirds were held to a 1-1 draw by the Blades when they last faced each-other in south Wales on Thursday, 30th March 2017.

Former City striker Jamie Bird broke the deadlock for the hosts with a first half strike at Leckwith International Sports Stadium. However his effort was cancelled out by a late equaliser from Graham Kelly to secure a point.

Pre Match Quotes

Prior to match, Daniel Griffiths and Joel Bagan both offered their thoughts. Daniel, who netted his first U23 goal last time out, is raring to go ahead of the test:

“It’s another strong opposition and we’re looking forward to it. Hopefully we can go on and keep this fantastic winning run going. We’re confident as a team that we can do well together.”

Centre-half Bagan has made six appearances for the U23 side this season and also looks forward to the evening clash.

“We’re all looking forward to the match. It’s always a big occasion to play at the Stadium. Hopefully we can continue our run of form.”
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Cardiff City Tonight “

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:02 pm

It ended 1-1 same as the last time 2 yrs ago
Wolfpac

Re: “ Cardiff City Tonight “

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:40 am

U23 Full Time | @CardiffCityFC 1-1 @SUFC_

Despite @evitthealey’s opener, the #Bluebirds are held to a draw at @CardiffCityStad.

#CityAsOne

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: Updated: “ Cardiff City Tonight “

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:02 am

Healey Fires Crucial Goal For Young Bluebirds At Home

Bluebirds' goalkeeper Alex Smithies played for Cardiff City's under-23 team as an over-age player on Monday..

Cardiff City battled to a 1-1 draw in their Professional Development League under-23 match against Sheffield United.

The Bluebirds included senior players Greg Cunningham, Stuart O’Keefe, Rhys Healey and goalkeeper Alex Smithies in their starting line-up.

Healey scored Cardiff’s goal to put them ahead, but they drew 1-1 and have taken seven points from their ;last three PDL matches.

City went ahead just before the half hour when Healey held off his marker and finished in clinical style.

The Blades equalised after 84 minutes when Jake Young played an accurate pass to Harry Boyes and he set up Simeon Oure for a shot which flew in after a deflection.

Bluebirds’ left-back Greg Cunningham pictured with the Republic of Ireland squad. Pic: Getty Images.
Alex Smithies, Cardiff’s back-up goalkeeper to Neil Etheridge, produced an excellent performance and made some good saves, while O’Keefe put in another good shift for the development team.

He is out of contract at the end of this season and not involved at first team level, but is keeping fit by playing regularly for the under-23 team.

Cardiff City: Alex Smithies, Ryan Pryce, Greg Cunningham, Ryan Kavanagh, Hanson (Siyabonga Ligendza 85), Wallis, Billy Stedman, Stuart O’Keefe, Rhys Healey, Danny Williams, Anderson (Sam Parsons 54). Subs not used: Rubin Colwill, Warren Burwood (gk), Rudy Andrew-Knott.

Sheffield United: Jordan Amissah, Jake Bennett (Kyron Gordon 70), Jordan Armstrong, Harrison Neal, Jake Wright, Reece York (Tommy Williams 76), Harry Sheppeard, Daniel Bramall (Jake Young 62), Simeon Oure, Oliver Greaves, Harry Boyes. Subs not used: Sam Kelly (gk), Jean Leroy Belehouan.

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: Rhys Healey / Alex Smithies/ Greg Cunningham/ Stuart O'k

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:04 am

Cardiff City under-23 remaining fixtures:

March

Monday 11 v Hull City (away, at East Riding County FA, 7pm)

Monday 25 v Crewe Alexandra (home, Cardiff International Sports Stadium, 1pm)

Friday 29 v Watford (away, at Maurice Rebak Stadium, 3pm)

April

Saturday 6 v Birmingham City (away, at the Autotech Stadium, Noon)

Monday 15 v Bolton Wanderers (home, Cardiff City Stadium, 7pm)

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby thomasblue » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:30 am

£8 million pound of this season's transfer budget playing in that development game.
thomasblue

Postby JulesK » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:42 am

Game time I suppose?
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:19 am

10 million pound of out premier league investment playing in the reserves. Unbelievable.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:20 am

thomasblue wrote:£8 million pound of this season's transfer budget playing in that development game.

Exactly mate and no right back or striker signed out of that money. Shocking.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:40 am

Jeez I thought Okeefe had left.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:37 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:10 million pound of out premier league investment playing in the reserves. Unbelievable.

its only..unbelievable if youre very very new to watching football { like started yesterday } or have an agenda that it suits..

a prem club putting out a development team with 2 players that collectively cost 10 mill...is unbelievable..wow.
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:37 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:10 million pound of out premier league investment playing in the reserves. Unbelievable.

its only..unbelievable if youre very very new to watching football { like started yesterday } or have an agenda that it suits..

a prem club putting out a development team with 2 players that collectively cost 10 mill...is unbelievable..wow.
dogfound

Postby JulesK » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:14 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
thomasblue wrote:£8 million pound of this season's transfer budget playing in that development game.

FFS Warnock couldn't get a deal for a full back over the line and it's well documented what happened on the striker front.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:23 pm

JulesK wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

FFS Warnock couldn't get a deal for a full back over the line and it's well documented what happened on the striker front.

he had 3 transfer windows to sign a right back in my opinion, it should have been done as a priority especially last summer.
2blue2handle

Postby Edwardsccfc16 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
JulesK wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

he had 3 transfer windows to sign a right back in my opinion, it should have been done as a priority especially last summer.

Yes. 100%. When we came up our main targets were a striker as Bogle wasn’t good enough and
ward and zohore were always picking up injuries. We came up playing a centre back at right back so our other main target was a right back, a year later we are without a right back and still playing the same centre back at right back, we didn’t do good enough in the windows to stay up. Director of football is needed at the club.
Edwardsccfc16

Postby dogfound » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:47 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
JulesK wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

Yes. 100%. When we came up our main targets were a striker as Bogle wasn’t good enough and
ward and zohore were always picking up injuries. We came up playing a centre back at right back so our other main target was a right back, a year later we are without a right back and still playing the same centre back at right back, we didn’t do good enough in the windows to stay up. Director of football is needed at the club.

Patterson was bought as a right back and actually plays international football there. so we have bought a right back. now our manager having had him training decided the defensive part of Callums game was not up to what he { Warnock } was looking for so utilised him further up the park.
then there is this striker/right back issue, I do not disagree and having listened to our manager over a period of time he does not disagree either. the problem is/was budget and finding players that fit, are better than what we have are willing to come and meet our clubs budget ..it sounds so easy doesn't it , but the reality is its not easy.
players say no , some are on more wages than we are paying, and some clubs just want to much compensation.
as for a CB playing at RB, he aint the worse RB ive seen this season. and how long exactly does a player have to play in different positions for people to accept...Phil Dwyer used to play all over the place. and is Gareth Bale a left back playing out of position .?
dogfound

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:07 pm

dogfound wrote:

I was probably playing and watching football when you were in your old mans nut sack, lie down
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby dogfound » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:44 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I was probably playing and watching football when you were in your old mans nut sack, lie down

so you do understand the bleeding obviuous and its the agenda one then ?
dogfound

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:58 pm

We signed okeefe in January 2015 on a two and a half year contract. If he is still here he has been given a new contract? How? Why?
He's no where near first team and when he is loaned out it's not even to Championship clubs. He's been to MK, Portsmouth and Plymouth and not lasted at any of them. Another wage wasted.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:19 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

No agenda mate just my opinion simple as that. I dont see how my opinion of neil warnock wasting our money and failing in the transfer windows for the premiership season makes me to have an agenda.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby dogfound » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:12 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

No agenda mate just my opinion simple as that. I dont see how my opinion of neil warnock wasting our money and failing in the transfer windows for the premiership season makes me to have an agenda.

its making something fit when it does not...wasting money ? yes if you totally ignore how it compares to other clubs or the transfer market since the year dot spit... try checking out what other clubs spent, who they spent it on and what returns those players are giving their clubs. transfers are not a science never have been not even 70 years ago when you started playing .
Traore wolves 1 goal 18 mill he was mentioned last summer on here..as was 10 million pound vydra 1 goal...you can check the rest yourself if youd care too there are loads and loads if your going to take Warnocks wastefulness as the bench mark.
dogfound

Return to General Chat