Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CHILDREN'S WARD EASTER EGG DONATION

Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:28 pm

Myself and another Cardiff City stalwart, Paul Candlin are getting Easter Eggs to give to children’s wards around South Wales.

Anyone wanting to get involved, then it’s a maximum spend of £5 and we will be handing them to the wards on Easter Sunday.

If you would like to get involved, then contact Paul or myself via 'pm' and you can buy the eggs yourself or PayPal me the money, if you prefer. Either way, then that’s cool.

Also, if you wish to come with us to the hospitals that is also cool :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Re: Children’s ward Easter egg donation

Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:57 pm

I’ve had my fingers burnt with one of these type of scams before, so if any eggs are going, I’d expect to deliver them myself, about 10 years ago, got roped into paying £5 a month for little Kahlindi based in Mumbai India, didn’t realise I would be paying this for 10 years, wasn’t in the small print, there’s always some skinny bird bleeding me dry

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:30 pm

Wolfpac wrote:I’ve had my fingers burnt with one of these type of scams before, so if any eggs are going, I’d expect to deliver them myself, about 10 years ago, got roped into paying £5 a month for little Kahlindi based in Mumbai India, didn’t realise I would be paying this for 10 years, wasn’t in the small print, there’s always some skinny bird bleeding me dry

Imho this is NOT a scam
I know nukes he would not be involved in a scam of this nature
He also does christmas presents for local hospital
I will defo be supporting this as will my wife
Good on you nukes

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:31 pm

Wolfpac wrote:I’ve had my fingers burnt with one of these type of scams before, so if any eggs are going, I’d expect to deliver them myself, about 10 years ago, got roped into paying £5 a month for little Kahlindi based in Mumbai India, didn’t realise I would be paying this for 10 years, wasn’t in the small print, there’s always some skinny bird bleeding me dry

Wow geezer! Firstly,these are well known city fans,secondly,sorry you got "scammed "as you call it for little kahlindi,in india.it clearly states three ways for you to get involved yourself,if you are that way inclined,absolutely no need for your reply tbh,however,each to their own I suppose :old: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:31 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Myself and another Cardiff stalwart Paul Candlin are getting Easter eggs to give to children’s wards around South Wales. Anyone wanting to get involved then it’s a maximum spend of £5. We will be handing them to the wards on Easter Sunday.
If you want to be involved then contact Paul or myself you can buy the eggs yourself or if you want to pay pal me the money then that’s cool. Also
If you wish to come with us to the hospitals that is also cool.

Nukes put the paypal details up so i can send monies to you
Thanks mate keep up the good work

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:35 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Myself and another Cardiff stalwart Paul Candlin are getting Easter eggs to give to children’s wards around South Wales. Anyone wanting to get involved then it’s a maximum spend of £5. We will be handing them to the wards on Easter Sunday.
If you want to be involved then contact Paul or myself you can buy the eggs yourself or if you want to pay pal me the money then that’s cool. Also
If you wish to come with us to the hospitals that is also cool.

If we purchase eggs nukes,how will they get picked up? Well done to you both,on a very worthwhile cause indeed,please ignore the occasional foolish response from people who have been "scammed" in the past,anyway good luck with raising eggs galore :occasion5: :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:44 pm

It was a joke lads, I've used a quote from the Lifes too short series where Warwick Davis states he was scammed by little Kahlindi in India, always a skinny bird bleeding me dry :laughing5:

I think it's decent thing for Nukes and co to get involved in.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:00 pm

Wolfpac wrote:It was a joke lads, I've used a quote from the Lifes too short series where Warwick Davis states he was scammed by little Kahlindi in India, always a skinny bird bleeding me dry :laughing5:

I think it's decent thing for Nukes and co to get involved in.

Apology accepted :laughing5: didn't get the reference,as not seen series. :occasion5: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:11 pm

Great idea seeing as the team cancelled their trip to the kids cancer ward 5 minutes after they were due leaving a load of sick kids disappointed.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:27 pm

how do I make a donation mate pm me the details

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:16 am

carlton58 wrote:how do I make a donation mate pm me the details

And me nukes

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:33 am

One of the local funeral directors collects selection boxes at Xmas and Easter eggs , and gives to worthy causes, so I’ve started donating for the last couple of years.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:29 pm

Cheers for the responses lads sorry for no reply as I’m in West Wales a part where internet and phone signals ain’t been heard of yet.
Right PM me if you want to go through PayPal and I will put my details on there. Collection if you buy yourself please put yr location so we can arrange for them to be picked up.
Cheers guys Nukes

Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:03 pm

Donations that have been given to me so far 8-) :bluescarf:

865C5639-86C5-4067-9182-FA495ED43D0C.jpeg
D7F57A27-4C6D-43F2-8901-D3A772224014.jpeg
6ECEE374-7163-4F2A-8640-336B6B41DFEA.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:22 pm

Good effort Nukes, already donating a load via my work, you can pick up an egg in Tesco at the moment for 75p, it's nothing to most of us but to a some children will mean the world, dig deep folks

Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:44 pm

RV Casual wrote:Good effort Nukes, already donating a load via my work, you can pick up an egg in Tesco at the moment for 75p, it's nothing to most of us but to a some children will mean the world, dig deep folks

I work part time at Tesco Chief and we are on double discout so with the money I have been given I have got extra eggs with them. So today I got 58 eggs with £35 of donations so that is brilliant.
If anyone wants to help out inbox me and I will give my PayPal details. If anyone does donate off here I will put a pic up of the eggs with your name.
Cheers guys only a £5 per person as well :bluebird:

Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:57 pm

Top man, ask the mods to make it a sticky for a few days butt so it doesn't get lost down the board with the game on the weekend

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:13 pm

I have eggs that need collecting or dropping off nukes,for some reason pm staying in outbox,pm me and I will give you my number,great cause,keep up the excellent work,come on fellow bluebirds, if a crowd of 32,00 donate just one egg,imagine :shock: :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:53 am

Should certainly be a sticky.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:05 am

RV Casual wrote:Top man, ask the mods to make it a sticky for a few days butt so it doesn't get lost down the board with the game on the weekend

It's done! I'll vouch for 'Nukes' and his good intentions and I know many more on here will, too! :thumbup:

Superb effort/gesture and (like others) I'll certainly be donating :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:14 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Donations that have been given to me so far 8-) :bluescarf:

865C5639-86C5-4067-9182-FA495ED43D0C.jpeg
D7F57A27-4C6D-43F2-8901-D3A772224014.jpeg
6ECEE374-7163-4F2A-8640-336B6B41DFEA.jpeg

Brilliant Nukes Well Done :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Re: CHILDREN'S WARD EASTER EGG DONATION

Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:20 am

As someone who’s daughter was born premature and was in ITU over Easter, gestures like this go a very long way and make it feel that you are not alone and people do actually care outside of immediate family and friends

So please donate whatever you can because just one egg makes a difference for a few hours

:bluescarf:

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:11 am

Thank you so much to everyone. Big hearts all of you

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Bumping to the top because it got taken off a sticky after a few hours :oops: :cry:

Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:41 pm

Pm me PayPal info