Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fulham spent £100m+, big names, brought in a "glamour" boss

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:15 am

Fulham spent £100m+, big names, brought in a "glamour" boss to save them - 10pts adrift

We spent less than half, squad full of players who were in championship last season and have a "dinosaur" boss - 2pts adrift

Little bit of context eh....

Re: Fulham spent £100m+, big names, brought in a "glamour" b

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:34 am

Opposite ends of the spectrum on how to approach a survival bid in the Premier League.

And would much rather ours IF it fails! They're going to be in a whole lot of financial trouble come 12 months if they can't shift most of their high earners! :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Although, it ain't over yet (for us) it is for them :wave:

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:58 am

Fulham spent poorly what is your point?

Would your point be that because Fulham spent poorly and we are above them we should be content?

I'll be content when we're out of the relegation places and staying up, certainly won't use the team who finished below us in the championship as some sort of marker as to how happy I should be.

And you know what it's football if we play awful yes I'll criticise and if we play brilliantly I'll reap praise on the team and coaching staff.is that really such a bad thing?

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:09 am

Stop talking sense WelshPatriot

Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:10 am

I think most people have been shocked at how poor Fulham have been. If someone said at this stage we would have been 7 points ahead of fulham I'd have took that and would have thought easily midtable.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:23 am

If take look at the money spent by them its largely made up of players they had in loan in championship! What they failed to do was bolster defence properly which was poor in championship so nothing as improved overall .

Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:10 am

welsh parrot - did you listen to talksport 5 last night ? , where they discussed in depth Fulham's approach - and how it failed - on every single level. Danny Kelly and Simon Jordan.

There are obviously some windup merchants on here

Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:23 am

grange_end1927 wrote:Fulham spent £100m+, big names, brought in a "glamour" boss to save them - 10pts adrift

We spent less than half, squad full of players who were in championship last season and have a "dinosaur" boss - 2pts adrift

Little bit of context eh....

Spot on, it's easy sitting on your armchair with your iPad, just buy him, him, him and attack and we could win the League :laughing6:

Warnock has done an amazing job even if we go down, we wouldn't have even been here without him :thumbup:

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:09 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think most people have been shocked at how poor Fulham have been. If someone said at this stage we would have been 7 points ahead of fulham I'd have took that and would have thought easily midtable.

Ahem :!: 8 points ahead :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:26 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I think most people have been shocked at how poor Fulham have been. If someone said at this stage we would have been 7 points ahead of fulham I'd have took that and would have thought easily midtable.

Ahem :!: 8 points ahead :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Damn :lol: when I typed it I couldn't rmemener if it was 7 or 8 but couldn't be bothered to look lol.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:09 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:Fulham spent poorly what is your point?

Would your point be that because Fulham spent poorly and we are above them we should be content?

I'll be content when we're out of the relegation places and staying up, certainly won't use the team who finished below us in the championship as some sort of marker as to how happy I should be.

And you know what it's football if we play awful yes I'll criticise and if we play brilliantly I'll reap praise on the team and coaching staff.is that really such a bad thing?

Which shows that spending money doesn’t guarantee signing class.

Mitrovic 27.5 million (be long gone without him to be fair)
Mawson 20 million
Seri 25 million

To name three.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:32 pm

maccydee wrote:

Mawson 20 million
Seri 25 million

To name three.

and absolutely nobody said they were poor signings, or that Fulham were spending poorly at the time.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:20 pm

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Mawson 20 million
Seri 25 million

To name three.

and absolutely nobody said they were poor signings, or that Fulham were spending poorly at the time.

Exactly. We said we would have loved to have signed all three.