What's the feeling on what Warnock will do next season ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:26 am

As the song goes.....will he stay or will he go ?

If he does retire ....What about David Moyes as a replacement ?
Mr Moo Cow

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: What's the feeling on what Warnock will do next season ?

Postby dogfound » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:31 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:As the song goes.....will he stay or will he go ?

big mates with Malky..but who knows
dogfound

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:55 am

I'd be hugely surprised if he is still our manager next season, whatever happens to us he will retire and rightly so, he's going to be 71 next year, he needs to enjoy the fruits of the loom and he's certainly earned it.
Wolfpac

Postby snoopystorm » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:59 am

Honestly think he’ll hang up his managerial boots, I’d like to see him in the Director of Football role a lot of clubs are adopting now a days, he can get the signings in at manageable prices for the club. All depends on him and what route the board wants to take though doesn’t it
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:06 am

Stay up or Go down - the decision is Neil's. Go down - Im sure he will take a look at it and say - go on then - one last time to beat the record again.

Stay up - he will carry on as long as Vince makes some decent money available. Neil has proven he can operate at this level and with a bit of rebuilding - we'll be as good as the rest in the lower half.

Director of Football - not sure he would want this - he likes to plan and likes to see results being delivered on the pitch - in my opinion anyway. Looking forward to the remainder of the season
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Bluebina » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:19 am

I think he will go if we stay up, but might just give it one last season to try and take us back up if we go down !!!

If he does retire, I pity the next Manager, he would have a hell of a task to follow Warnock, I can't think of anyone suitable other than Sam Allardyce if we stayed up, although I could imagine our fans straight on his back !!!
Bluebina

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:23 am

Im a Warnock man, but Tony Pulis would tick the boxes for me if he decides to step down. It should be easier next season with more money to spend and a better squad than when we got promoted. We might stay up yet though !!
BlueMoon1974

Postby Igovernor » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:58 am

If we go down I think he will stay, but if by some miracle we stay up, I have a feeling that he will go, thinking I got them up kept them up so I cannot do any more :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:26 pm

I will be honest, I fully back Warnock 100% for this season and really hope he keeps us up and goes out on top.

But I do think a change is required for him and for us whatever division we are in. I don't say that lightly, the grass isn't always greener. but I think this season has taken its toll on him and I think we need to freshen things up.

What manager would replace him, im not sure, its tough and would depend on the budget and what league we are in.
2blue2handle

Postby fred keenor » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:31 pm

He will stay or find another club, football is in his blood
fred keenor

Postby ccfcsince1962 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:38 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:As the song goes.....will he stay or will he go ?

Whether we stay up or get relegated he will go at the end of this season.

What type of replacement the club goes for will depend on what division we are in.
ccfcsince1962

Postby Fairblue27 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:57 pm

Hope he stays whatever league we are in. I don't think it can be underestimated what he's achieved with us.
Fairblue27

Postby Bluesman » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:48 pm

Fairblue27 wrote:Hope he stays whatever league we are in. I don't think it can be underestimated what he's achieved with us.

Totally agree
Bluesman

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:48 pm

Warnock has been brilliant for us over the last 2 1/2 years

Our best ever manager???

However, you can tell with everything that has happened over the last few months that he is looking tired and maybe his age has finally caught up with him

Whether we stay up or not I think it’s time for him to finish and enjoy a well earned retirement

Maybe a part time scouting/director of football type roll would suit him and the club over the next few years??
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:55 pm

If he has any sense he should go at the end of the season.

He can then enjoy the rest of his life with out the pressures of football management.

If he does this, I hope he gives the club plenty of notice so we have the time to bring in a new manager with a lot of time in the summer to prepare our squad to give us the best chance of promotion.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby montyblue » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:10 pm

If neil decides to call it a day fine with moyes did mention him the other day has experience in the championship with Preston and did wonders at everton on a tight budget for 8/10 seasons or so.
montyblue

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:30 pm

Is Wanrock out of contract this summer?
2blue2handle

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:58 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Honestly think he’ll hang up his managerial boots, I’d like to see him in the Director of Football role a lot of clubs are adopting now a days, he can get the signings in at manageable prices for the club. All depends on him and what route the board wants to take though doesn’t it

That's the best scenario in my opinion and hopefully the board will look at it but haven't got a clue who I would like to be our next manager
CF23 Bluebird

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:38 pm

If he goes, I'd like Jokanovic..Tony Khan recruited all Fulhams signings, and ignored Jokanovic 's list.

Khan sacked him.
rumpo kid

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:41 pm

Eddie Howe.
NW totally unsuitable for Director of Football role.
We won't get Eddie Howe as the manager of Bournemouth is too good a candidate for where we currently are in comparison. Never thought I'd say that.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby Sven » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Is Wanrock out of contract this summer?

No, mate. He has another season to go... :thumbright:

This (IMHO) is another disrespectful thread aimed towards the current manager

Some on here need to understand where we were, how we got here and what the current manager could bring to the club if we were to go back down next season

No one is perfect but Neil Warnock has surely deserved the opportunity to lead this club next season and if not, it should be his decision not ours ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:14 am

Sven wrote:

Some on here need to understand where we were, how we got here and what the current manager could bring to the club if we were to go back down next season

No one is perfect but Neil Warnock has surely deserved the opportunity to lead this club next season and if not, it should be his decision not ours ;)

I contributed. but yes your correct its very disrespectful to our manager.
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:09 pm

Sven wrote:

For some reason I thought he may have been out of contract.

These kind of decisions needs to be made over the summer, no doubt Dalman and Warnock will discuss things and come to a mutual decision whatever that maybe.
2blue2handle

Postby Edwardsccfc16 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:23 pm

Warnock either has to go now and bring a manager in now or we go down with him and we stables us in the championship.
I think the biggest mistake to make is getting rid of him in the summer. Answer me this, how many teams go down and change the manager and it works? Answer is never, every year a team goes down and changes manager and it don’t work, it’s too much pressure to take them back up, we seen it this season with stoke and Swansea, season before with Sunderland, I could keep going.
We either get a manager in now to have a good look at the squad now before the season ends, get the chance for him to manage a few games or we go down, let Warnock stable us in the championship for at least 5 months, then think about changing manager
Edwardsccfc16

Postby Edwardsccfc16 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:28 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:Warnock either has to go now and bring a manager in now or we go down with him and we stables us in the championship.
I think the biggest mistake to make is getting rid of him in the summer. Answer me this, how many teams go down and change the manager and it works? Answer is never, every year a team goes down and changes manager and it don’t work, it’s too much pressure to take them back up, we seen it this season with stoke and Swansea, season before with Sunderland, I could keep going.
We either get a manager in now to have a good look at the squad now before the season ends, get the chance for him to manage a few games or we go down, let Warnock stable us in the championship for at least 5 months, then think about changing manager

An example of a team changing the manager now, before relegation is West Brom, they made Darren Moore manager with West Brom having like 6/7 games left and ended up doing well, now there doing well in the championship
Edwardsccfc16

Postby Stringfellow » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:27 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:
Edwardsccfc16 wrote:Warnock either has to go now and bring a manager in now or we go down with him and we stables us in the championship.

An example of a team changing the manager now, before relegation is West Brom, they made Darren Moore manager with West Brom having like 6/7 games left and ended up doing well, now there doing well in the championship

I wouldn’t do anything until end of season, but you do make some really good points.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:50 pm

As much as I appreciate what he’s done, wouldn’t want him staying on if he’s not managing (ie in a DoF role). His transfer record when spending money hasn’t been great and I think it’d be unfair on whoever comes in to have Neil above him, especially when he’s loved so much by most of the fans
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby Clubfortyfourer » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:56 am

In my opinion,I have a feeling that this is Warnock's last season,it’s been too harrowing and too much strain on him,with the strain of the Sala event and other reasons.
I also don’t think the club has supported him financily with transfers and his plans for Cardiff.
I think he will walk away whether we stay up or Cardiff are relegated.
Clubfortyfourer

Postby Alan_in_China » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:21 am

CF23 Bluebird wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:Honestly think he’ll hang up his managerial boots, I’d like to see him in the Director of Football role a lot of clubs are adopting now a days, he can get the signings in at manageable prices for the club. All depends on him and what route the board wants to take though doesn’t it

That's the best scenario in my opinion and hopefully the board will look at it but haven't got a clue who I would like to be our next manager

I strongly disagree with the idea of him becoming Director of Football. Warnock is a big character and any prospective manager thinking of coming in will be wary of how much of an influence Warnock might have - it will just muddy the waters. The new manager would obviously have his own ideas as to what backroom staff he'd like to bring in... what would become of Kevin Blackwell and Ronnie Jepson - could Warnock work as well with any new staff brought in?

Would the new manager be given free-reign to change our playing style, or would Warnock persuade him otherwise? What if we continued playing football as we do at the moment (let's be honest, it's not easy on the eye, is it!) would fans point a finger and say it's down to Warnock's overbearing influence?

No, I'd wish Warnock all the best and thank him for his remarkable achievement at our club but we need a new broom to sweep clean.
Alan_in_China

Postby Melsuttonholyboots » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:24 am

Disgrace to discuss the manager's future especially at a time we should all be supporting the bloody club,unbelievable buffoons on this forum,makes my piss boil.
Melsuttonholyboots

Return to General Chat