Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ SOL BAMBA / INJURY CONFIRMED “

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:26 pm

“ SOL BAMBA OUT FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON “

Neil Warnock: "Scans have shown that Sol has ruptured his ACL; he will have an operation on Wednesday and therefore miss the rest of the season."

Re: “ SOL BAMBA OUT FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON “

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:27 pm

Did Connolly stay with us after?

Re: “ SOL BAMBA / INJURY CONFIRMED “

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:33 pm

Ouch that could be the last we see of big sol such a bad injury plus his age. Speedy recovery big man

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:34 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:“ SOL BAMBA OUT FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON “

Neil Warnock: "Scans have shown that Sol has ruptured his ACL; he will have an operation on Wednesday and therefore miss the rest of the season."

That is a blow, but gives Morrison and Manga a chance to prove what they can do :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:34 pm

I wish him all the best for a full speedy recovery. However, it will be interesting to see how it affects things on the pitch. Perhaps fewer individual errors in dangerous areas, but even less of a threat at attacking set-pieces. Time for Morrison to step up to the plate and show he deserves his place and the armband

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:39 pm

My worst fears confirmed, not a fan of Mozza but he has to play CB with Manga, Pelts and Bennett on flanks

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:39 pm

Such a disapointing blow in terms of survival, but who knows when Morrison was out recovering Bamba and Manga formed a great partnership. So will Morrison and Manga form an equally impressive partnership without their leader in defence Sol Bamba?

All the best though to our best defender since Mark Hudson was at our club, good luck in recovering Sol Bamba and when your back on the pitch, it will be with a Premier League team in Cardiff City :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:44 pm

Deano1 wrote:I wish him all the best for a full speedy recovery. However, it will be interesting to see how it affects things on the pitch. Perhaps fewer individual errors in dangerous areas, but even less of a threat at attacking set-pieces. Time for Morrison to step up to the plate and show he deserves his place and the armband

It's a funny old game sometimes these things work out for the better ??????

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:46 pm

Ouch that could be the last we see of big sol such a bad injury plus his age. Speedy recovery big man

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:47 pm

34 years old - a bad injury to recover from :cry:

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:49 pm

ok so options in defence are morrison,manga,pelts, bennett, cunningham, (Patterson ?) , did Connolly go ? , if there is an injury to manga or morrison, then what options do we have in the centre of defence ? - I cant think of anyone, can we do an emergency loan ?

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:56 pm

I would play a back 3 of

Manga Morrison Cunningham

Them use Bennett and Patterson as wing backs with Arter and Gunnar sat in front

That is the best defensive set yo we have and allows us to change for our wingers easily when needed
Last edited by thomasblue on Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Connolly did not go to Hull, ironically as cover initially for the injury to Morrison. Peltier and Cunningham can also play centre back

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:59 pm

Deano1 wrote:I wish him all the best for a full speedy recovery. However, it will be interesting to see how it affects things on the pitch. Perhaps fewer individual errors in dangerous areas, but even less of a threat at attacking set-pieces. Time for Morrison to step up to the plate and show he deserves his place and the armband

This !!

As much as I love Bamba for his commitment and passion he does sometimes do odd things.
The goal we conceded against Wolves where he tried knocking it passed of the midfielders was one.

STICK IT IN ROW Z!!!

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:03 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:ok so options in defence are morrison,manga,pelts, bennett, cunningham, (Patterson ?) , did Connolly go ? , if there is an injury to manga or morrison, then what options do we have in the centre of defence ? - I cant think of anyone, can we do an emergency loan ?

Bacuna ?

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:12 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:“ SOL BAMBA OUT FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON “

Worst news we coulda asked for, I think morrison has been found out and is way off the pace. Needs to improve massively if were gonna stay in the premiership for another year.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Connolly is still at the club but I don't think he was named in the squad

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:23 pm

Connolly not in or 25 man PL squad
Bacuna and Patterson both signed as defenders so now is the hour :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:30 pm

Not good news and my best wishes to Sol for a full tecovery :ayatollah:

Time for others to 'step up' :thumbup:

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:37 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Such a disapointing blow in terms of survival, but who knows when Morrison was out recovering Bamba and Manga formed a great partnership. So will Morrison and Manga form an equally impressive partnership without their leader in defence Sol Bamba?

All the best though to our best defender since Mark Hudson was at our club, good luck in recovering Sol Bamba and when your back on the pitch, it will be with a Premier League team in Cardiff City :ayatollah:

No and won’t happen.

Morrison isn’t good enough and not a chance we’ll stay up now.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:08 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:Such a disapointing blow in terms of survival, but who knows when Morrison was out recovering Bamba and Manga formed a great partnership. So will Morrison and Manga form an equally impressive partnership without their leader in defence Sol Bamba?

No and won’t happen.

agree totally lets face it theres mistakes off anyone in that back 4 but for me bamba was the leader on the pitch think its a huge blow yes its9 games left but anything but a win saturday and southampton get maximum points it will be even tougher to get out of

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:23 pm

For those asking NW/CCFC can apply to the PL to remove Bamba and place Connolly into the 25 man squad as it’s classed as exceptional circumstances, it’s up to the PL to accept and allow or deny the request as per the 25 man list rules.

Absolutely gutted to lose our (unofficial) leader for the rest of the season, hope he has a speedy recovery :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:48 pm

Massive loss to us and hope he makes a good recovery. Brilliant servant to us and a player who genuinely cares, we will certainly miss him.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:04 pm

ACL recovery could be 9 months so unlikely to be back before xmas.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:05 pm

banana bob wrote:Massive loss to us and hope he makes a good recovery. Brilliant servant to us and a player who genuinely cares, we will certainly miss him.

When he's ok to walk on it I'm sure he will still be in and around the dressing room, he is an influential player and can still help Warnock and the team out with some motivation !!!

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:19 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

No and won’t happen.

Let's hope it's as good as your prediction to give up on top 2 last season :lol:

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

No and won’t happen.

Let's hope it's as good as your prediction to give up on top 2 last season :lol:

Not likely.

But at least Warnock now has his excuse for when the inevitable happens.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:53 pm

Robert huth still a free agent lol

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:57 pm

Will miss those last ditch outstreched tackles from bamba's long legs and the odd spectacular goal but most of all his encouragment to the rest of the team which will all now be down to morrison what a big miss he will be, speedy recovery sol hopefully will see next season.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

No and won’t happen.

genuinely brought a smile to my face this.

your hardly Paul the octopus when it comes to predictions.