“ Sol Bamba issues Statement “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:20 am

Sol Bamba issues impassioned statement to Cardiff City fans

Wednesday 6th March 2019

The former Leeds United and Leicester centre-back has been ruled out of the relegation battle after his injury at Wolves

The former Leeds United and Leicester centre-back has been ruled out of the relegation battle after his injury at Wolves

Sol Bamba has spoken out for the first time since suffering a season-ending injury in Cardiff City's defeat to Wolves last weekend.

The talismanic Bluebirds centre-back thanked fans for their support since he was taken off at Molineux on a stretcher after rupturing his ACl.

It's an injury that will keep Bamba out for the remainder of the campaign and potentially beyond, though the Ivorian — Cardiff's vice captain and joint top goal scorer this season — is confident the team can remain in the Premier League without him.

SOL BAMBA:

In a statement released on Twitter, he said: "It is with great sadness that I have to leave my teammates for the rest of the season, with my latest injury being diagnosed as a ruptured ACL.

"I have been overwhelmed by all the message of support I've received since the game. Not just from Cardiff City fans but from football fans all over.

"I have read every one of them and I thank you so much, I don't take this support for granted.

"Of course it is a big blow for me at the moment, but we have to think about the club first and focus on our goal to achieve, that is staying up.

"It's always been my dream to play in the Premier League and this season I've been lucky enough to do so."

Bamba added that he was staying positive and hoped to be playing more Premier League football for Cardiff next season.

Neil Warnock's men have nine games to stave off relegation, though currently find themselves in the bottom three, two points behind 17th-placed Southampton.

"Unfortunately my season has come to an end quicker than expected but I remain confident: you guys know me for a long time now, I will work hard and always stay positive during my rehab, and will be the very first supporter of the team until I'm joining again in the Premier League next season.

"The team and the gaffer have my full support and I will be there behind them for the final nine games.

"See you very soon, hopefully! Sol."
Attachments
A701BC66-5732-423F-93AA-EFC1C04A94F8.jpeg
A701BC66-5732-423F-93AA-EFC1C04A94F8.jpeg (52.54 KiB) Viewed 3635 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Sol Bamba issues Statement “

Postby Bluesman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:31 am

Commiserations Sol. Get well soon, Can't wait to get you back. Try to enjoy your time off.
Bluesman

Postby Sven » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:51 am

Some people just ooze 'class' on and off the field...and Sol Bamba is right up there! :clap: :notworthy: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebina » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:07 am

Sven wrote:Some people just ooze 'class' on and off the field...and Sol Bamba is right up there! :clap: :notworthy: :ayatollah:

Agreed and I'm sure he'll do the best he can offfield to help the team !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:42 am

Bluebina wrote:
Sven wrote:Some people just ooze 'class' on and off the field...and Sol Bamba is right up there! :clap: :notworthy: :ayatollah:

Agreed and I'm sure he'll do the best he can offfield to help the team !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I get the impression Sol is the sort of guy , that if injured and not playing - then he would drive the bus, sort out the kit, help out with the coaching etc.

All round first class professional - like it or not Sol - you are one of us now :)
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby UnclePhil » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:14 pm

I like Sol, I bet he's a must have to have behind the scenes. I'm gutted he's out for the rest of the season. we will miss him! always gives 110% :bluescarf:
UnclePhil

Postby Stringfellow » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:17 pm

Met him twice he’s exactly what you would expect, full of life and happy as can be. He’s been incredible this year, he’s been in the prem side of the week plenty of times and scored some vital goals. He’s leadership has been his biggest quality, I was furious with him Saturday did the hard work then tried to meg a player. Can’t do that at this level you will get punished, but you wouldn’t change him for the world. Be interesting to see if he can recover. An ACL is tough at any age.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:57 pm

Get well soon big man you are our player of the season and you are Mr Cardiff City :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Nuclearblue

Postby brickyblue » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:03 am

Not since Phil Dwyer have I warmed to a player so much .like Phil will battle for city no matter what that's all you ask of players and he gives it every game .
Becoming a legend at city just like Phil was .
Good luck sol you will be missed
brickyblue

Return to General Chat