Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Booed, injured again & team humiliated “

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:21 am

Gareth Bale injured and booed again as Ajax humiliate Real Madrid on horrible night for Wales star

By Dominic Booth

Media Wales

Wednesday 6th March 2019

Gareth Bale was left hobbling through a Champions League humiliation for Real Madrid, representing surely the nadir of his spell in Spain.

He was part of the Madrid side stunned 4-1 by Ajax in the Champions League last 16, losing 5-3 on aggregate.

The Welshman has endured a torrid time with Los Blancos of late, accused by the Madrid media of isolating himself from Spanish culture and panned by supporters for a perceived failure to step into Cristiano Ronaldo's shoes.

And after starting second leg on the bench, with Real leading 2-1 after victory in Amsterdam, Bale came on early but had little effect for Madrid and even ended the game barely able to move.

Wales boss Ryan Giggs will be keen to determine the full of extent of Bale's injury as he gets ready to name his squad for the upcoming games against Trinidad and Tobago and Slovakia.

He desperately needs Bale fully fit and firing for Slovakia on March 24, given it's Wales' opening Euro 2020 qualifier.

Re: “ Booed gain , injured again & team humiliated “

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:24 am

According to sky,bale was applauded by the Real Madrid fans when he come on as sub last night

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:35 am

caerblue wrote:According to sky,bale was applauded by the Real Madrid fans when he come on as sub last night

Exactly mate.
Bit of an agenda by some and especially the Spanish media. I’ve been over there a few times watching Real and they generally like him but there seems to be a small section that don’t.
I think they expected him to take over from Ronaldo but that’s an impossible task.
Also, mixed with his constant sick notes, he’s very aloof and doesn’t mix or learn the language and culture in all the time he’s been there.
Ridiculous really.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:39 am

unReal Madrid 'fans' have a history of booing their better players. They've done it to Christiano Ronaldo, Zinadine Zidane and it goes back as far as (probable) all-time great Alfredo Di Stéfano at different times

No vocal 'booing' as he went on as a sub when the Madridistas thought he might be their saviour (not for the first time) and I would like to think that any that took place at the final whistle was for the whole team after that performance

Some great goals from Ajax though! :clap:

No doubting the media 'stir up' of this situation plus the (intentional) involvement of his agent Jonathan Barnett with the latter's comments yesterday surely designed at getting his man out of that club in the summer?

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Mauricio Pochettino or even a returning of Jose Mourinho at that club soon and that might make a difference?

Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:11 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
caerblue wrote:According to sky,bale was applauded by the Real Madrid fans when he come on as sub last night

Exactly mate.
Bit of an agenda by some and especially the Spanish media. I’ve been over there a few times watching Real and they generally like him but there seems to be a small section that don’t.
I think they expected him to take over from Ronaldo but that’s an impossible task.
Also, mixed with his constant sick notes, he’s very aloof and doesn’t mix or learn the language and culture in all the time he’s been there.
Ridiculous really.

His agent said recently that he CAN speak the language, and that's another myth.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:22 am

nubbsy wrote:

Exactly mate.
Ridiculous really.

His agent said recently that he CAN speak the language, and that's another myth.

Si :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:31 am

He was.. media post any old dribble

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:47 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Exactly mate.
Ridiculous really.

I guess none of us know how much Spanish he can speak but it’s been widely reported that he doesn’t even by his team mates.
Ex Real president Ramon Calderon was on the radio earlier today say he doesn’t speak the language.

Re: “ Booed, injured again & team humiliated “

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:06 pm

This is not Cardiff city we are talking about, there is no team spirit at the elite level, its dog eat dog, agent eat agent

He is also not playing the game, not speaking the the media is shunned here as well. He was barely prolific at Spurs but has taken the media role with Wales as its his gang, but you can see he is not comfortable with it. Ronny took the limelight, he loves it. There is a big hole in Spanish football and his heir to the crown doesn't want it, so its open season.

Madrid have far too much money invested in him for them to get rid of him, but who would pay more than £50 million for him with his injury record

I bet every city fan has secretly fantasied about the uber rich multi millionaire "coming home" as Bellers did if we manager to stay up :lol: :lol: