Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF STRIKER SAYS GIVE ME A CHANCE TO KEEP CITY UP

Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:34 am

Cardiff City striker Danny Ward says he hopes that he will be given a chance to help the club avoid relegation.

Wednesday 6th March 2019

The 27-year-old has started only three league games in an injury-hit season, scoring once against Arsenal at home.

In total the Bluebirds have scored just 25 goals in 29 Premier League games so far this season, only Huddersfield have scored fewer (15).

Ward said his goal against Arsenal was "one of the best feelings in the world" and he is confident he can score more.

Despite the lack of goals in the side the striker still believes the team morale within the Cardiff squad is enough to stay in the Premier League.

"We've got nine games left and we just have got to give it absolutely everything, I would love to go out there and score the goals to keep us up." said Ward.

"We spoke about last season when we had a bit of a sticky pitch and it looked like promotion was fading away when suddenly you know we kicked in a good run of games.

"It shows just how that confidence can build and you can carry it in to the next game.

"I think with the spirit that we've got in the team we'll get the job done."

The Bradford-born striker also said that he was gutted for defender Sol Bamba after the club confirmed he will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury suffered during Saturday's defeat to Wolves.

"He's been one of our main guys this season - he's been massive for us," said Ward.

"He's a big strong boy, he'll do everything right and I'm sure he'll come back flying."

The striker said the players will try to use Bamba's injury to motivate them to maintain Cardiff City's Premier League status.

"I'd love to do it for Sol, he's a great lad, and if that inspires the boys to get the job done (Premier League survival) let's do it," Ward added.

Re: CARDIFF STRIKER SAYS GIVE ME A CHANCE TO KEEP CITY UP

Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:42 am

Would definitely start him up front with Niasse knows where the net is good in the air and will run all day.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 am

I think, given the chance, he will fire them in for us. I do like Ward and he seems a great professional :thumbup:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:05 am

Well said Danny boy,

Ward / Niasse
Niasse with Reid just behind

Not sure if Niasse / Zohore will be an option as maybe they are too similar.

What the feck do I know - Im just a bloke on the terrace. Cant wait for Saturday, have a couple of west ham mates coming down. They dont feel very hopeful at all about Saturday - and happy with a point. Too close to call for me.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:34 am

Juventus Blue wrote:I think, given the chance, he will fire them in for us. I do like Ward and he seems a great professional :thumbup:

Shame he hasn't been given an extended run really :? Could do well with niasse as suggested,what have we got to lose, and he can head a ball :) :old: :bluebird:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:41 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:I think, given the chance, he will fire them in for us. I do like Ward and he seems a great professional :thumbup:

Shame he hasn't been given an extended run really :? Could do well with niasse as suggested,what have we got to lose, and he can head a ball :) :old: :bluebird:

100% agree with you

Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:39 am

Good timing from Ward, and good on him to have the passion to seize a chance to play. Would like to see him get more game time, even if he only nicks a goal every other game it'd be something!

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:03 pm

Liles93 wrote:Good timing from Ward, and good on him to have the passion to seize a chance to play. Would like to see him get more game time, even if he only nicks a goal every other game it'd be something!

Every other game would be a God send as we ain't scoring :laughing5:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:06 pm

I don't think he was on the bench V wolves?

He gives his all, id certainly have him on the bench.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don't think he was on the bench V wolves?

I think he was?

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:28 pm

Big fan of Danny Ward. Good on the ball, good in the air. Sent the away end into hysterics at Forest away last season.

Give him a go.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:44 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

I think he was?

Not according to BBC

Substitutes
5Ecuele Manga
7Arter
12Smithies
13Paterson
15Bacuna
23K Harris
32Healey

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:54 pm

Someone in the know is going to have to explain to me how the hell Rhys Healey was ahead of him in the pecking order. Ward is a championship proven goalscorer Healey has L1 at best on his CV and is only 3 years younger.........

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:58 pm

Good on him; not shying away from the last 9 games and asking the question to his manager. I like it :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:59 pm

Liles93 wrote:Good timing from Ward, and good on him to have the passion to seize a chance to play. Would like to see him get more game time, even if he only nicks a goal every other game it'd be something!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:04 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Someone in the know is going to have to explain to me how the hell Rhys Healey was ahead of him in the pecking order. Ward is a championship proven goalscorer Healey has L1 at best on his CV and is only 3 years younger.........

Im going to assume Ward was injured as I cant see any reason to have Healy on the bench nevermind in the 25 man squad. There is a long list of people I would bring on ahead of Healy.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:30 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I think he was?

Not according to BBC

Substitutes
5Ecuele Manga
7Arter
12Smithies
13Paterson
15Bacuna
23K Harris
32Healey

Sorry, I was wrong !

It must have been the game before?

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City striker Danny Ward says he hopes that he will be given a chance to help the club avoid relegation.

Wednesday 6th March 2019

The 27-year-old has started only three league games in an injury-hit season, scoring once against Arsenal at home.

In total the Bluebirds have scored just 25 goals in 29 Premier League games so far this season, only Huddersfield have scored fewer (15).

Ward said his goal against Arsenal was "one of the best feelings in the world" and he is confident he can score more.

Despite the lack of goals in the side the striker still believes the team morale within the Cardiff squad is enough to stay in the Premier League.

"We've got nine games left and we just have got to give it absolutely everything, I would love to go out there and score the goals to keep us up." said Ward.

"We spoke about last season when we had a bit of a sticky pitch and it looked like promotion was fading away when suddenly you know we kicked in a good run of games.

"It shows just how that confidence can build and you can carry it in to the next game.

The Bradford-born striker also said that he was gutted for defender Sol Bamba after the club confirmed he will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury suffered during Saturday's defeat to Wolves.

"He's been one of our main guys this season - he's been massive for us," said Ward.

"He's a big strong boy, he'll do everything right and I'm sure he'll come back flying."

The striker said the players will try to use Bamba's injury to motivate them to maintain Cardiff City's Premier League status.

"I'd love to do it for Sol, he's a great lad, and if that inspires the boys to get the job done (Premier League survival) let's do it," Ward added.

Unfortunately it's going to be our atrocious defending that's going to see us drop out of the prem. What with Bamba out for the remainder of the run in the writing is on the wall sorry.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I think he was?

Not according to BBC

Substitutes
5Ecuele Manga
7Arter
12Smithies
13Paterson
15Bacuna
23K Harris
32Healey

Sorry, I was wrong !

It must have been the game before?

Yeah he came on but cant remember who for.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:59 pm

Give him a go as none of the others know where the net is.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:42 pm

sounds to me like he's fit and frustrated, good on him for going about calling out warnock in the right way though. deserves a chance i reckon, can do the same and more than pato in that position.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:53 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City striker Danny Ward says he hopes that he will be given a chance to help the club avoid relegation.

Wednesday 6th March 2019

Unfortunately it's going to be our atrocious defending that's going to see us drop out of the prem. What with Bamba out for the remainder of the run in the writing is on the wall sorry.

Wayhaaaaayyyy! The Merchant of Doom and Gloom is here...! :banghead: :lol: :lol:

Just remember: The harder the victory, the sweeter the victory! ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:57 pm

Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Wednesday 6th March 2019

Wayhaaaaayyyy! The Merchant of Doom and Gloom is here...! :banghead: :lol: :lol:

Its a blessing in disguise if you ask me. Bamba makes a lot of mistakes.. If Morrison can nick a couple of goals towards the end of the season it could end well for us IMO.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:15 pm

Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Wednesday 6th March 2019

Its a blessing in disguise if you ask me. Bamba makes a lot of mistakes.. If Morrison can nick a couple of goals towards the end of the season it could end well for us IMO.

Liam, it might well be the case :thumbup:

Just to show balance (and not offend the negative one further) it might not; but if we give up before a ball is kicked and fail to get behind the team as its proverbial twelfth man, then we might as well stop going and go do something more enjoyable, like...! ;) :laughing6:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:19 pm

normally if bamba makes a mistake he always makes up for it he is going to be a massive loss to us

Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:16 pm

Spot On .

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:14 am

Maybe I am the only one here that can not see what Danny Ward brings to the side.
IMO Ward is nowhere near a PL player or a top half championship player. He runs alot but has little else to his game and is constantly injured.

If we are relying on him then we have no chance whatsoever :bluebird:

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:53 am

I like watching Danny play his off the ball movement is very good and I always thought he looked sharp. Let’s use all three in the run in. They all have a part to play. Come on the City we do better when we are written off. Just ask the fans now please lay off the team and let’s get behind them. We can’t change the team now so come on let’s give them all that we got.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:46 am

Danny Ward will huff & puff all day long, without ever managing to blow the house down..

Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:58 am

We have got behind the team all season home and away and in
Record numbers .but on the pitch "it ain't happening chief".