Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CARDIFF STRIKER SAYS GIVE ME A CHANCE TO KEEP CITY UP

Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:47 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City striker Danny Ward says he hopes that he will be given a chance to help the club avoid relegation.

Wednesday 6th March 2019

The 27-year-old has started only three league games in an injury-hit season, scoring once against Arsenal at home.

In total the Bluebirds have scored just 25 goals in 29 Premier League games so far this season, only Huddersfield have scored fewer (15).

Ward said his goal against Arsenal was "one of the best feelings in the world" and he is confident he can score more.

Despite the lack of goals in the side the striker still believes the team morale within the Cardiff squad is enough to stay in the Premier League.

"We've got nine games left and we just have got to give it absolutely everything, I would love to go out there and score the goals to keep us up." said Ward.

"We spoke about last season when we had a bit of a sticky pitch and it looked like promotion was fading away when suddenly you know we kicked in a good run of games.

"It shows just how that confidence can build and you can carry it in to the next game.

"I think with the spirit that we've got in the team we'll get the job done."

The Bradford-born striker also said that he was gutted for defender Sol Bamba after the club confirmed he will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury suffered during Saturday's defeat to Wolves.

"He's been one of our main guys this season - he's been massive for us," said Ward.

"He's a big strong boy, he'll do everything right and I'm sure he'll come back flying."

The striker said the players will try to use Bamba's injury to motivate them to maintain Cardiff City's Premier League status.

"I'd love to do it for Sol, he's a great lad, and if that inspires the boys to get the job done (Premier League survival) let's do it," Ward added.

Unfortunately it's going to be our atrocious defending that's going to see us drop out of the prem. What with Bamba out for the remainder of the run in the writing is on the wall sorry.

Wayhaaaaayyyy! The Merchant of Doom and Gloom is here...! :banghead: :lol: :lol:

Just remember: The harder the victory, the sweeter the victory! ;) :ayatollah:

Its a blessing in disguise if you ask me. Bamba makes a lot of mistakes.. If Morrison can nick a couple of goals towards the end of the season it could end well for us IMO.

No, no Caerphilly boy - Bamba is our best player and best defender by far, makes no more mistakes than anyone else, is immense for us and will be a huge miss in the run in.
So now you’re happy he’s out and you’re massive anti Manga ..... god help us then!!

Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:42 am

Manga is an international class centre back so don't worry about him, I'm more worried about who is now going fullback?

Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:57 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City striker Danny Ward says he hopes that he will be given a chance to help the club avoid relegation.

Wednesday 6th March 2019

The 27-year-old has started only three league games in an injury-hit season, scoring once against Arsenal at home.

In total the Bluebirds have scored just 25 goals in 29 Premier League games so far this season, only Huddersfield have scored fewer (15).

Ward said his goal against Arsenal was "one of the best feelings in the world" and he is confident he can score more.

Despite the lack of goals in the side the striker still believes the team morale within the Cardiff squad is enough to stay in the Premier League.

"We've got nine games left and we just have got to give it absolutely everything, I would love to go out there and score the goals to keep us up." said Ward.

"We spoke about last season when we had a bit of a sticky pitch and it looked like promotion was fading away when suddenly you know we kicked in a good run of games.

"It shows just how that confidence can build and you can carry it in to the next game.

The Bradford-born striker also said that he was gutted for defender Sol Bamba after the club confirmed he will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury suffered during Saturday's defeat to Wolves.

"He's been one of our main guys this season - he's been massive for us," said Ward.

"He's a big strong boy, he'll do everything right and I'm sure he'll come back flying."

The striker said the players will try to use Bamba's injury to motivate them to maintain Cardiff City's Premier League status.

"I'd love to do it for Sol, he's a great lad, and if that inspires the boys to get the job done (Premier League survival) let's do it," Ward added.

Unfortunately it's going to be our atrocious defending that's going to see us drop out of the prem. What with Bamba out for the remainder of the run in the writing is on the wall sorry.

Wayhaaaaayyyy! The Merchant of Doom and Gloom is here...! :banghead: :lol: :lol:

Its a blessing in disguise if you ask me. Bamba makes a lot of mistakes.. If Morrison can nick a couple of goals towards the end of the season it could end well for us IMO.

No, no Caerphilly boy - Bamba is our best player and best defender by far, makes no more mistakes than anyone else, is immense for us and will be a huge miss in the run in.
So now you’re happy he’s out and you’re massive anti Manga ..... god help us then!!

I've mis worded this one mate... I love Bamba and as a defender he's brilliant but he sometimes ( once a game ) does something silly that costs us a goal. Against Wolves for example instead of hoofing it up field he tried to knock it passed the winger and we got caught out.
But yes, I hate manga :laughing6:

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:01 pm

Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Wednesday 6th March 2019

I've mis worded this one mate... I love Bamba and as a defender he's brilliant but he sometimes ( once a game ) does something silly that costs us a goal. Against Wolves for example instead of hoofing it up field he tried to knock it passed the winger and we got caught out.

:laughing6:

Glad you’re a Bamba fan at least. Yeah, he makes the odd mistake but I love the way he plays ‘football’ as opposed to your Ben Turner type of football.
I’ve got to keep you in check on here!

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:20 pm

Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Wednesday 6th March 2019

:laughing6:

Glad you’re a Bamba fan at least. Yeah, he makes the odd mistake but I love the way he plays ‘football’ as opposed to your Ben Turner type of football.
I’ve got to keep you in check on here!

Yup I do love Bamba but you can even see Warnock get frustrated with him on times.

Apologies, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. :thumbup: