Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HAVE YOU 'TURNED ON' THE PLAYERS?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: POLL: PUNDITS SAY CITY 'FANS' TURNING ON THEIR OWN PLAYE

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:02 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Ive been warning for ages about the corrosive effect of constant negativity and jumping on players who made a mistake. In that I've repeatedly spoken of the common willpower and the twelfth man. Well this effect can go two ways.
I'm sorry to say so, but recently this has been too often aimed against our players and I agree with the OP that it's almost certainly broken the players and perhaps the managers commitment to the fans.

To be honest ,I think it's too late to put Humpty Dumpty together again, because it took two years to build that commitment under Sir Neil Warnock and it'll take anyone else a lot longer.

We tend to get what we deserve and often what we wish for in this life, and so it's sadly likely that we'll see an abitious young manager playing attacking football in league one without all those awful players who'll be cherry picked by premiership clubs and ambitious championship sides.

I've never wanted to be wrong more ,and I hope I am, but our only chance now is a spirited fight back by the players we've got, and I can't see any of them wanting to run through walls for people who think so little of them. The only man who could perhaps motivate them can't feel very inspired himself with everyone telling him he doesn't know what he's doing and telling him to go.

It’s not everyone although I can see what you are saying.

The Southampton and Bournemouth games were testimony to that. Together we were stronger.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:21 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:No. But I do feel the back was changed to bring back in Morrison. I think he should of been eased back in from the bench. But that’s it :bluescarf:

its one of those that once someones said it others will repeat it.. Peltier was ill ,Morrison was initially on the bench. so Warnock asks Mozza how he would feel about giving it a go.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:49 pm

Yes and the guy showed his guts by giving it a go when he wasnt ready and hadnt even had a game for the u23 so yes the criticism was totally out of order others would have been out for much longer after what mozzer had so lets have some respect and fair play not stick