Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Where is Jazz Richards?

Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:09 pm

I know it's been asked recently, but I have made this post so hopefully it'll get noticed, and maybe answered!

I thought he was great the few times he played last season, even earning praise from Neil Warnock, but haven't heard anything in ages!

Is he injured?

Not training well?

Upset the staff?

He is the only welsh first team player we have.

I hope someone can answer this or someone in the press picks this up and asks at the press conference on Friday.

Re: Where is Jazz Richards?

Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:17 pm

He’s not injuried, I spoke to him not so long ago as I mentioned on the post I made about him, he’s fit and he’s ready to play, he doesn’t want to go anywhere else, he had options else where but said he loves it here and doesn’t want to be playing football anywhere else. He gets a lot of unnecessary stick, he’s a very good guy and a proper professional. I don’t think Warnock seems to favour him, he said he feels like he’s been training well and he’s set up an Instagram page recently to show he’s still here and he’s training to show the fans he’s still about and wants to be here, he 100% deserves his chance to play, either at left back or right back as he can operate on both sides

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:04 pm

I think he was great, and feel he may be a good option on the right of a back 5 or 4

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:10 pm

If he’s not injured,he’s clearly not rated by warnock,as much as I like manga,as we all know he ain’t a right back,warnock said he wanted a right back in the last transfer window,so makes the non appearance of jazz,a bit strange

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:38 pm

People have short memories, he was playing for wales not so long ago and played excellent against Man City in the cup last year, had a couple of decent games in between the ankle injury he had aswell which put him out for many months

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:53 pm

Always rated him, best rb we got 100%

Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:24 pm

He was in Ely yesterday

Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:40 pm

baffled me when we swapped hi at the time, but proved to be a more than solid enough player for us.
some of warnocks omissions and loyalty to certain lads is starting to confuse and irritate me - richards/ward for one.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:02 pm

No issues with Jazz; he 'saw the light' and repented his previous sins when he signed for us :thumbup:

An honest pro, he had a tough start (not of his own making) with that shameful incident away at Birmingham City but kicked on and is a solid member of the squad

One of those who I feel will 'do a job' when/if given the chance :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:25 pm

If hes not injured he should of been playing

Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:30 am

He's toilet. If he was any good, he would be in the team. :bluescarf:

Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:58 am

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:He’s not injuried, I spoke to him not so long ago as I mentioned on the post I made about him, he’s fit and he’s ready to play, he doesn’t want to go anywhere else, he had options else where but said he loves it here and doesn’t want to be playing football anywhere else. He gets a lot of unnecessary stick, he’s a very good guy and a proper professional. I don’t think Warnock seems to favour him, he said he feels like he’s been training well and he’s set up an Instagram page recently to show he’s still here and he’s training to show the fans he’s still about and wants to be here, he 100% deserves his chance to play, either at left back or right back as he can operate on both sides

he doesnt get much stick ? in fact he has largely flown under the radar in that respect with people happy to slaughter players who rush back or play through injury , or just have a poor game instead .
Jazz is in my opinion could have been our best right back and is really a pretty decent bloke. but come off it mate DESERVES ? purely as a footballer he has been a huge disappointment here ,one we could have done with.
and yes his contract is running down . and it now looks like he wants to be a footballer after all. :lol:

Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:30 am

Unfit or injured but fit and ready to play when contract nearly up? Aye righto.

Sorry to say if he is fit but can't even make the bench when we play a centre back as full back then I think that tells you all you need to know.