Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ole Gunner Solskjaer

Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:05 am

Fair play Ole Gunner Solskjaer he's proven me wrong about him unbelievable turn around what Ole has done at United :thumbright:

Re: Ole Gunner Solskjaer

Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:37 am

I’m not sure mate, SAF is back on the scene too, how much of it is him in charge and OGS as the face in front of the cameras? Also why did SAF travel with the team to Paris?

Whichever way you look at it it’s a massive turn around which is not what we want heading into the last away fixture of the season

Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:36 am

I feel the same, honestly thought Ole was gonna crash and burn.

To be honest, and not trying to take anything away from him, I do believe Mike Phelan is the difference.

Ole is probably a great motivator and man manager, where as the training and tactics will come from his back room staff.

Good luck to him, and hope they go all the way to the final. Gives them something bigger to concentrate on at the end of the season!

Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:34 am

Its nothing to do with OGS. any clown could have taken the riens after Jose and done what OGS has done. The ability was always there, the UTD players just didn't like Jose and his negative attitude and tactics and are now having fun playing again. If he's given next year to manage them, we'll see how he goes then.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:02 am

I think with managed it's so important to join a club at the right time. For Ole it was the wrong club at the wrong time. Just like Warnock was the right manager at the right time for us.

I have no problem with him, glad he is doing well. I do feel it's all about the momentum at United and shows how bad it was under Mourinho. Hard not to give Ole the job but at the same time I do feel long term Pochettino would be perfect for them.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:05 am

Doing a good job but with a very good group of players in a situation were the only way was up and little pressure. Interesting to see how he does next season if he gets the job expectations will be sky high

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:17 am

UnclePhil wrote:Its nothing to do with OGS. any clown could have taken the riens after Jose and done what OGS has done. The ability was always there, the UTD players just didn't like Jose and his negative attitude and tactics and are now having fun playing again. If he's given next year to manage them, we'll see how he goes then.

Well the Special One JOSE MOURIHNO could not get the same players to play.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:18 am

Antonio Valencia, Matteo Darmian, Phil Jones, Ander Herrera, Nemanja Matic, Jesse Lingard, Alexis Sanchez, Juan Mata, Anthony Martial all injured and Paul Pogba suspended and yet Man Utd put in one of the best English European performances in years, maybe the best in decades.

I watched the entire game last night and despite ALL the talk about the penalty decision Man Utd deserved it in my opinion and OGS changed tactics at least 3 times during the 90 minutes.

I think he can name his price in terms of a salary and with Real Madrid sniffing for a new manager, Jose in the frame again :o , Man Utd would do well to get his position sorted quickly.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:
UnclePhil wrote:Its nothing to do with OGS. any clown could have taken the riens after Jose and done what OGS has done. The ability was always there, the UTD players just didn't like Jose and his negative attitude and tactics and are now having fun playing again. If he's given next year to manage them, we'll see how he goes then.

I lost it with Chelsea and lost it with Man U. he's been done for years. He was once a bresh of fresh air, he's now a miserable dried up old prune

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:22 pm

Give me that man utd team and I'd probably win a fair few games. :laughing5:

Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:11 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Give me that man utd team and I'd probably win a fair few games. :laughing5:

That’s right Paul Ince! You mean the team and bench from yesterday though? Or the ten players out?

Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Totally proved me wrong. Different player different situation but that’s still a huge task in a different way, he’s learnt in many ways. As we have seen you have to be together and that is what they now are.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:54 pm

It goes to show what a bunch of over paid, entitled wankers footballers are these days.

They decide to turn up for ole because he's a manu golden boy, but wouldn't play for previous managers..

Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:04 pm

nubbsy wrote:It goes to show what a bunch of over paid, entitled wankers footballers are these days.

They decide to turn up for ole because he's a manu golden boy, but wouldn't play for previous managers..

The majority of those overpaid wankers watched the game on tv last night. Did you see their home videos and reactions?
And have you seen the statistics since changing their tactics? Fun part, i dont think Man Utd are all that good and really think a team like Arsenal and Chelsea have much better players..

Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:12 pm

It just didn’t work out for him with us, hold nothing against him and still think a lot of him as a person. All of us who met him while he was our manager will tell you how good of a person he is.

He can play the attacking football at Man Utd, because he now has the quality players.

It’s bullshit that he has nothing to do with their revival. They had ten players out last night, including their star man Paul Pogba, and got a fantastic result. He changed the system four times in that match to get them through.

He will surely get the job permanently, and I wish him luck there - apart from matches against us obviously.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:09 pm

snoopystorm wrote:I’m not sure mate, SAF is back on the scene too, how much of it is him in charge and OGS as the face in front of the cameras? Also why did SAF travel with the team to Paris?

Whichever way you look at it it’s a massive turn around which is not what we want heading into the last away fixture of the season

Bloody hell if you believe any of that you’ll believe anything.
SAF goes to most games he’s a director of the club now.

I think OGS has proven that he’s a big club big player manager.

He could never do what Warnock is doing and Warnock could never do what OGS is doing.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:19 am

doing much better than I thought he would.

but far to many here judged him unfairly. the 2nd year especially , its always how many he signed without a mention for those we lost in that window .

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:05 am

castleblue wrote:Antonio Valencia, Matteo Darmian, Phil Jones, Ander Herrera, Nemanja Matic, Jesse Lingard, Alexis Sanchez, Juan Mata, Anthony Martial all injured and Paul Pogba suspended and yet Man Utd put in one of the best English European performances in years, maybe the best in decades.

I watched the entire game last night and despite ALL the talk about the penalty decision Man Utd deserved it in my opinion and OGS changed tactics at least 3 times during the 90 minutes.

I think he can name his price in terms of a salary and with Real Madrid sniffing for a new manager, Jose in the frame again :o , Man Utd would do well to get his position sorted quickly.

:thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:00 am

Totally proved me wrong also. He was a disaster for us, but obviously learned from it. Really pleased for him, despite his failure here I bear him no grudge, the man is a class act. Well done Ole.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:18 am

dogfound wrote:doing much better than I thought he would.

but far to many here judged him unfairly. the 2nd year especially , its always how many he signed without a mention for those we lost in that window .

I agree, used to get ridiculed by the masses on here when defending him, he came into a broken Club, then wasn't given enough time to rebuild, the bet spend under him I don't think was particularly huge and some of his signings have gone on to do really well whilst others have thrived elsewhere.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:59 pm

I was a great defender of Ole when he was here, but he was never the right appointment for a club fighting relegation. Ole has no experience with this what so ever - neither as a player or a manager. I always believed in his talent though, mainly because of his man management skills, and you can see at ManUtd how he´s been able to get the best out of his players and how they all seem to adore him (not to mention the fans..).

What he has achieved at United so far is nothing short of remarkable. If the season started in December, this would have been the top of the table:

1 Manchester United 12 10 2 0 29 9 +20 32
2 Manchester City 12 9 0 3 28 10 +18 27
3 Liverpool 12 7 4 1 27 8 +19 25
4 Arsenal 12 7 2 3 24 16 +8 23
5 Tottenham 12 7 1 4 25 14 +11 22

Then add victories away in the cup against Chelsea and Arsenal. Then add the advancement in the CL.

In Manchester, the fans are not discussing if Ole should be appointed as their permanent manager, they are discussing where to put his statue.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:37 pm

castleblue wrote:Antonio Valencia, Matteo Darmian, Phil Jones, Ander Herrera, Nemanja Matic, Jesse Lingard, Alexis Sanchez, Juan Mata, Anthony Martial all injured and Paul Pogba suspended and yet Man Utd put in one of the best English European performances in years, maybe the best in decades.

Well according to uncle phil, you’re wrong. It’s not down to Ole because any clown could do it!

:lol: :lol: :lol: