Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Breaking Sky News: Manchester United fan Stabbed

Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:14 pm

Breaking Sky News:

Manchester United fan has surgery after Paris stabbing

07/03/19

A Manchester United fan was stabbed by a taxi driver in Paris after Wednesday night's Champions League game against PSG

A Manchester United fan is having emergency surgery in Paris after being stabbed in the chest by a taxi driver following Wednesday night's Champions League match

The 44-year-old was travelling back to the city centre after the game with three other supporters when the driver took offence to them singing in celebration of United's dramatic late winner.

Sky Sports News has been told the driver pulled over to get them out of his taxi, before pulling out a knife and threatening the female passenger in the group.

The victim tried to intervene to protect her, but the driver then turned the knife on him, stabbing him in the chest with what's been described as 'a large blade'.

He was left lying on the pavement fighting for his life, when one of the group was able to flag down a passing car and rush him to hospital.

The United fan was taken straight to the High Dependency Unit at the Hopital Europeen Georges-Pompidou - and underwent on Thursday afternoon to remove blood on his lung.

Sky Sports News has also been told that French Police arrested a suspect at lunchtime today in connection with the attack, but that the weapon itself is yet to be found
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Breaking Sky News: Manchester United fan Stabbed

Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Whats wrong with people, its a game of football for f**k sake its not worth taking someones life.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:07 pm

Ridiculous.
The problem in our country is also getting out of hand. Bring back stop and search - I’d have no problem with any police officer wishing to stop and search me at any time. Nothing to hide, nothing to worry about.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:19 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Ridiculous.
The problem in our country is also getting out of hand. Bring back stop and search - I’d have no problem with any police officer wishing to stop and search me at any time. Nothing to hide, nothing to worry about.

It happened in France

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:55 am

I would recommend you read it again. It happened in Paris.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:05 am

norms76 wrote:

"The problem in OUR country is ALSO getting out of hand" he knows it happened in France, he's just saying the same happens here too.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:51 am

Jimmy Floyd wrote:
norms76 wrote:

"The problem in OUR country is ALSO getting out of hand" he knows it happened in France, he's just saying the same happens here too.

Thanks mate. They obviously didn’t read MY post correctly.