Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK: " UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS "

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:52 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: " NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS " :bluebird: :bluebird:

Friday 8th March 2019

NEIL WARNOCK:

9 cup finals ahead?

“That’s correct. Sometimes you can talk a good game, but the time has come now to stop talking and do our own jobs and do it on the pitch.”

Big break?

“It’s not what you’d want really, but that’s how it’s panned out. We don’t know when the rearranged games will be, but it’s a bit awkward at the minute.”

Injury news? Bamba?

“A big blow yes, but it’s gone now. He’ll not be far away from our thoughts. He’s not been able to have the operation yet as his knee was too painful. But you do miss any top players at clubs. He’s had a great season. I said I’d like to see him at the away games as well, if he’s capable and I think Sol can play a big part?”

Must win?

“I don’t think it’s a must-win game. I think it’s a very important game in the circumstances, but there’ll be other games that are must win later in the season. The lads have been a bit flat this week which is understandable because it’s the worst week we’ve had in the Premier League.”

Confidence knock?

“In management, it’s all about trying to lift them when they’re down and that doesn’t change really. We’ve got some good players who are playing below par. It’s about getting the matchwinners into the team and how they can lift the confidence. It’s mentally, not physical, at this level. To sustain the quality at this level, one or two have found it difficult and I want them to relax and play like I know they can play.”

Bamba? Will he come back?

“He’s been so good on television, there must be a doubt! He’s got charisma, good looks and everything. But I wouldn’t put it past him, he’s a super guy and he lives to play.”

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: " READ ALL NEIL WARNOCKS UPDATES BELOW " :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:52 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Must win?

“I don’t think it’s a must-win game. I think it’s a very important game in the circumstances, but there’ll be other games that are must win later in the season. The lads have been a bit flat this week which is understandable because it’s the worst week we’ve had in the Premier League.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:53 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

CARDIFF CITY V WEST HAM UNITED

On West Ham

“I remember Vincent talking about their wide player, Anderson, who cost £40million. Snodgrass I had at Leeds, Hernandez scores goals, Rice is going to become an England regular, But we’ve got to show togetherness now.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:54 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Why the slump?

“It’s all about opportunities. I don’t think we’ve had much luck. Other things have gone against us, but you’ve got to make your own luck and not feel sorry for ourselves. It’s not an individual, it’s the team. We played well at West Ham, missed a penalty and then conceded silly goals, so we want to make sure people are on their games.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:55 am

Cardiff City v West Ham United this Saturday is to reach 32,000 including 3,000 West Ham fans, :bluebird:

City put a special offer on for their Season ticket holders at £10each :thumbright: :bluebird:

West Ham have sold 3,000 tickets :thumbright:

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:55 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

SPLINTERED DRESSING ROOM? BLAKEY'S COMMENTS?

“Nathan is quite vociferous at times. Danny Gabbidon said it too. When you lose three games, you are flat. Anybody is quite welcome to talk to the lads off the record. But I don’t think there’s any rift in the camp. There’s disappointment. We’ve just got to close our ears. There’s usually talk of ‘am I picking the right team?’ but I’ve got to focus on what I think is the right team.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:56 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

More motivation than tactician?

“It has been for a few months. It was last season as well. After losing against QPR last season, losing four on the trot, you’d have thought we’d never lose a game. You’ve got to try and not read too much into opinion. Opinions are opinions, but you’ve got to focus on what you believe is the right thing. Everything depends on how you look at things - we’ve only lost three of the last five. We need our top players to lift the crowd.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:57 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

On VAR

“Next season is going to be very interesting, because they’re talking about removing the word deliberate. I don’t know whether it’s going to be a minefield. But I’m really glad about VAR, it will get at least 90 per cent right. I was delighted when he gave it (at PSG) because I’m English and I wanted them to win.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:00 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

9 cup finals ahead?

“That’s correct. Sometimes you can talk a good game, but the time has come now to stop talking and do our own jobs and do it on the pitch.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:13 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Should players be more selfish?

“I don’t think money comes into it. I know they’re well paid, but if you could tell the lads you’ll play nine games out of your skin, that’ll be more important than the money side. The motivation is they’ve got a chance to be Premier League players next season. That means everyone taking more responsibility next season.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:46 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Injury news? Bamba?

“A big blow yes, but it’s gone now. He’ll not be far away from our thoughts. He’s not been able to have the operation yet as his knee was too painful. But you do miss any top players at clubs. He’s had a great season. I said I’d like to see him at the away games as well, if he’s capable and I think Sol can play a big part?”

Sol Bamba

Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:59 am

:bluebird:

Premier League Table / Friday 8th March 2019

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:43 am

Past experience leaves Pellegrini weary of Cardiff

West Ham United boss Manuel Pellegrini is keen to ensure his side don’t take the threat of Cardiff City lightly, particularly having tasted defeat here in South Wales before.

Pellegrini’s last trip to the Cardiff City Stadium saw his Manchester City side beaten 3-2 back in 2013, and he’s keen to ensure there’s no repeat tomorrow.

Manuel Pellegrini, West Ham United manager:

“I remember that [game], we lost from two corners.

“I hope that things change. That is just a statistic from last time. We need to play for 95 minutes and concentrate on every ball.
“It is my duty to convince the players that the position in the table of Cardiff will mean it is a more difficult game, not an easy one.
“They will play at home, they are fighting against relegation, they don’t have many points difference to other teams above them.
“So we need to play with a high pace from the beginning, be a sharp team, be an aggressive team and try to attack and win the game.”

Manuel Pellegrini, West Ham United manager

Re: BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK:

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:48 am

On International Women’s Day

NEIL WARNOCK:

“I’ve been following the England women, Phil’s doing a great job and they’re playing really well. They’re going in the right direction and set themselves up for a big World Cup. It would be fantastic for the women’s game if they won it.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:55 am

22 day-break

NEIL WARNOCK:

“The international lads who are going away will get a break. We’ve fixed a game up behind closed doors and we’ll be looking to have a full week’s training. It’s a game against another team in the Football League.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:59 am

Any discontent among fans?

NEIL WARNOCK:

“I think you get that everywhere you go. If it was a majority, I’d be worried. I guess it sells newspapers and time on the media side. You always get people who know better than you making an input. It’s not something I worry too much about, all I’ll do is the best I can. If I thought it’d be better to have somebody different, I’d say good luck to them. It wouldn’t bother me one bit. But I think.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:02 am

Best team for West Ham?

NEIL WARNOCK:

“(Bamba’s absence) makes my job easier. The back four takes care of itself tomorrow. We’re a bit thin on the ground at times. Striker-wise we’re not taking our opportunities. But we’ve got to work harder.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:03 am

Would you consider sports psychologist

NEIL WARNOCK:

“I think i am a Sports psychologist - you have to be a bit of everything as a manager. That part of the game has always been one of my strengths. One or two of the lads do see somebody behind the scenes, which I don’t mind.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:03 am

Leaders in dressing room to help?

NEIL WARNOCK:

“I spoke to Morrison and Gunnarsson about the situation and they’ve been doing exactly that. You stop thinking about how good you are and start looking at the opponents. We’ve got to look at our strengths. I look around the other teams and I think we’ve got more team spirit than them.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:04 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Players still believe in themselves?

“Well you start doubting that when you lose games. You have to get out of that. We had eight games before we won a game at the start of the season and then we beat Fulham. You’ve got to find that Fulham performance.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:06 am

Future jobs?

NEIL WARNOCK:

“Even when I leave Cardiff I don’t know if that’ll be my last job. You don’t know what’s around the corner so I’ve got to take each day as it comes. I’m sure this next eight to nine weeks will be a very tough period for me. I’ve got to roll up my sleeves now, we’ve got to make sure we keep one or two people nervous above us.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:08 am

On Josh Murphy

NEIL WARNOCK:

“I left Josh out because he’s been very poor for a couple of weeks, in training. It’s lack of confidence. And yet he’s one player who can spark us off. It doesn’t take much to get them going. Victor Camarasa. I know he wasn’t 100 per cent but he had to play a game to get him going.
“They all know they’ve got to put a shift in tomorrow to change the mood.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:10 am

Two points to make up?

NEIL WARNOCK:

“The league table normally doesn’t lie. And we’ve managed to keep out of there a lot of the time - and we could be out of there tomorrow night. We’ve got to concentrate on ourselves and not worry about other teams. If we don’t get wins, it doesn’t matter what happens.”

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:14 am

Bamba? Will he come back?

NEIL WARNOCK:

“He’s been so good on television, there must be a doubt! He’s got charisma, good looks and everything. But I wouldn’t put it past him, he’s a super guy and he lives to play.”

Re: BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK: " UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS "

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:50 am

Are there concerns about whether Bamba will return to play for Cardiff next season?

Neil Warnock: "He’s been so good on television, there must be a doubt! He’s got charisma, good looks and everything!"

Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:25 pm

I would say it sounds like Bambas Cardiff career may well be over.
It is very hard to come back from an injury like that at his age especially at the level we currently play at.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:37 pm

thomasblue wrote:I would say it sounds like Bambas Cardiff career may well be over.
It is very hard to come back from an injury like that at his age especially at the level we currently play at.

I'll beg to differ...and I don't think Neil Warnock was hinting at that (other than the tongue-in-cheek 'media' comment)

Sol Bamba has two years left on his contract and is one player you can genuinely say 'loves' playing football. His experience from this year will stand him in good stead even at his age

Whilst he has made a few errors, my overriding view is that he has saved far more goals with some breathtaking last-ditch tackles in so many games

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:28 pm

Sven wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I would say it sounds like Bambas Cardiff career may well be over.

I'll beg to differ...and I don't think Neil Warnock was hinting at that (other than the tongue-in-cheek 'media' comment)

Sol Bamba has two years left on his contract and is one player you can genuinely say 'loves' playing football. His experience from this year will stand him in good stead even at his age

Whilst he has made a few errors, my overriding view is that he has saved far more goals with some breathtaking last-ditch tackles in so many games

That is a big injury for a 34 year old to have. I'm not questioning wether he is good enough I'm questioning wether his body will allow him to return being 35 years old in the premier league.
He will have at least 9 months off for the injury before training again, he wont return until a good
Portion of next season has been played. If that is in the premier league I would expect him to have been replaced by that time.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:41 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

That is a big injury for a 34 year old to have. I'm not questioning wether he is good enough I'm questioning wether his body will allow him to return being 35 years old in the premier league.
He will have at least 9 months off for the injury before training again, he wont return until a good
Portion of next season has been played. If that is in the premier league I would expect him to have been replaced by that time.

It's all about opinion but Sol hasn't had his operation yet, so no one can be totally sure of the timescales involved. He is strong as a man and strong as a character, so I think he will be chomping at the bit to get back to playing

Clearly the club will need to find a replacement in the meantime but that will depend on a number of factors, including the level we are playing at

In the meantime, I believe we need to support the City Colossus rather than write him off :thumbup:

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:17 pm

Sven wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

It's all about opinion but Sol hasn't had his operation yet, so no one can be totally sure of the timescales involved. He is strong as a man and strong as a character, so I think he will be chomping at the bit to get back to playing

Clearly the club will need to find a replacement in the meantime but that will depend on a number of factors, including the level we are playing at

In the meantime, I believe we need to support the City Colossus rather than write him off :thumbup:

I agree with this post Chris and I think Sol will be back again.
No timescale has been mentioned and nobody actually knows until post op and recovery has started. Nine months could be well off the mark.
Like most injuries, there are different scales from a sprain/pull to a complete grade 3 tear. I haven’t heard which category his injury is as yet!