Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK: " UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS "

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:33 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I would say it sounds like Bambas Cardiff career may well be over.
It is very hard to come back from an injury like that at his age especially at the level we currently play at.

I'll beg to differ...and I don't think Neil Warnock was hinting at that (other than the tongue-in-cheek 'media' comment)

Sol Bamba has two years left on his contract and is one player you can genuinely say 'loves' playing football. His experience from this year will stand him in good stead even at his age

Whilst he has made a few errors, my overriding view is that he has saved far more goals with some breathtaking last-ditch tackles in so many games

That is a big injury for a 34 year old to have. I'm not questioning wether he is good enough I'm questioning wether his body will allow him to return being 35 years old in the premier league.
He will have at least 9 months off for the injury before training again, he wont return until a good
Portion of next season has been played. If that is in the premier league I would expect him to have been replaced by that time.

It's all about opinion but Sol hasn't had his operation yet, so no one can be totally sure of the timescales involved. He is strong as a man and strong as a character, so I think he will be chomping at the bit to get back to playing

Clearly the club will need to find a replacement in the meantime but that will depend on a number of factors, including the level we are playing at

In the meantime, I believe we need to support the City Colossus rather than write him off :thumbup:

I agree with this post Chris and I think Sol will be back again.
No timescale has been mentioned and nobody actually knows until post op and recovery has started. Nine months could be well off the mark.
Like most injuries, there are different scales from a sprain/pull to a complete grade 3 tear. I haven’t heard which category his injury is as yet!

Warnock has stated that he has ruptured his ACL and they cant operate until the swelling goes down.
If that is true he is looking at between 6-9 months out plus his recovery to match fitness. That at best keeps him out until October but more likely Christmas.

I hope he returns fit and ready for pre season but it's unlikely. If we are in the premier league will he come back at the same level as he left ? Again unlikely at his age.
No matter how much we like him this is a big injury to get at his age and the club will need to move in the transfer market to replace him regardless of loyalty to him.

Hope I'm wrong

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Sven wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I would say it sounds like Bambas Cardiff career may well be over.
It is very hard to come back from an injury like that at his age especially at the level we currently play at.

I'll beg to differ...and I don't think Neil Warnock was hinting at that (other than the tongue-in-cheek 'media' comment)

Sol Bamba has two years left on his contract and is one player you can genuinely say 'loves' playing football. His experience from this year will stand him in good stead even at his age

Whilst he has made a few errors, my overriding view is that he has saved far more goals with some breathtaking last-ditch tackles in so many games

That is a big injury for a 34 year old to have. I'm not questioning wether he is good enough I'm questioning wether his body will allow him to return being 35 years old in the premier league.
He will have at least 9 months off for the injury before training again, he wont return until a good
Portion of next season has been played. If that is in the premier league I would expect him to have been replaced by that time.

It's all about opinion but Sol hasn't had his operation yet, so no one can be totally sure of the timescales involved. He is strong as a man and strong as a character, so I think he will be chomping at the bit to get back to playing

Clearly the club will need to find a replacement in the meantime but that will depend on a number of factors, including the level we are playing at

In the meantime, I believe we need to support the City Colossus rather than write him off :thumbup:

No timescale has been mentioned and nobody actually knows until post op and recovery has started. Nine months could be well off the mark.
Like most injuries, there are different scales from a sprain/pull to a complete grade 3 tear. I haven’t heard which category his injury is as yet!

Think it also depends who he sees to do the op, if it’s the same surgeon as Zlatan saw then he could be back sooner, Zlatan was the same age and was back playing after 4 months of the ACL injury, looking away from football and WWE (yes I know it’s scripted but injuries are real lol) Seth Rollins was back in ring training after 5/6 months and back competing in the ring after 7 months.

Hopefully it’s not as bad as they 1st thought, no doubt they’ll do fresh scans once all the swelling has gone down and they’ll have a better timeframe

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:37 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
Sven wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Think it also depends who he sees to do the op, if it’s the same surgeon as Zlatan saw then he could be back sooner, Zlatan was the same age and was back playing after 4 months of the ACL injury, looking away from football and WWE (yes I know it’s scripted but injuries are real lol) Seth Rollins was back in ring training after 5/6 months and back competing in the ring after 7 months.

Hopefully it’s not as bad as they 1st thought, no doubt they’ll do fresh scans once all the swelling has gone down and they’ll have a better timeframe

Ridiculous how quickly Seth Rollins actually recovered considering he tore his ACL, MCL and Medial meniscus and was back in 7 months. Hopefully Bamba might be back between 6-8 months.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:23 am

snoopystorm wrote:
Sven wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Yes that’s my point.
Different people, different recovery rates and slightly different grades of the injury.