Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Past experience leaves Pellegrini weary of Cardiff '

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:43 am

Past experience leaves Pellegrini weary of Cardiff

West Ham United boss Manuel Pellegrini is keen to ensure his side don’t take the threat of Cardiff City lightly, particularly having tasted defeat here in South Wales before.

Pellegrini’s last trip to the Cardiff City Stadium saw his Manchester City side beaten 3-2 back in 2013, and he’s keen to ensure there’s no repeat tomorrow.

Manuel Pellegrini, West Ham United manager:

“I remember that [game], we lost from two corners.

“I hope that things change. That is just a statistic from last time. We need to play for 95 minutes and concentrate on every ball.
“It is my duty to convince the players that the position in the table of Cardiff will mean it is a more difficult game, not an easy one.
“They will play at home, they are fighting against relegation, they don’t have many points difference to other teams above them.
“So we need to play with a high pace from the beginning, be a sharp team, be an aggressive team and try to attack and win the game.”

Manuel Pellegrini, West Ham United manager
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Past experience leaves Pellegrini weary of Cardiff '

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:09 am

I don't know why we score so few from corners this season, it used to be a massive strength but we hardly score fro them?

I just supposed it's the step up and the other teams are better drilled and know where the ball will land and how to deal with it. The delivery is not good enough and the referees allow the defenders to grab hold and stop our big players moving to the ball.

Isn't it about time they started giving penalties for bear hugs in the box?

Re: ' Past experience leaves Pellegrini weary of Cardiff '

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:35 pm

Bluebina wrote:I don't know why we score so few from corners this season, it used to be a massive strength but we hardly score fro them?

I just supposed it's the step up and the other teams are better drilled and know where the ball will land and how to deal with it. The delivery is not good enough and the referees allow the defenders to grab hold and stop our big players moving to the ball.

Isn't it about time they started giving penalties for bear hugs in the box?

A lot of championship teams use Zonal marking which allows players to find space and get free.
I have hardly seen that in the premier league , they are better defenders and they seem to man mark our danger men sometimes doubling up and it is totally taking our strength away from us.