“ Half the budget of Huddersfield “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:59 pm

“ HALF THE BUDGET OF HUDDERSFIELD “

When considering our budget was half of Huddersfield's this season, I think it's a miracle we are still in a position to battle for survival. I've been disappointed with the negativity recently, I know we all love our team, it isn't nice seeing us getting hammered and we all get frustrated, but we still have a chance. Who would have thought that at the start of the season?

Everyone wrote us off, Chris Sutton said we would get the record lowest points total, every pundit predicted us to lose, but as the season progressed; we have gained a lot of respect. People have pointed out the amount of money Warnock has spent on players not playing regularly, which is a valid point. But we have to consider players wages as well with the financial position we are in. I'm sure Warnock would have wanted to sign a higher calibre player, but we had to be sensible and with what Warnock has achieved, who can argue with him?

This one season alone will put us in a much stronger position, whatever division we are in next season. We still have a largely Championship standard team who lets face it, have given everything and played above their normal levels for the past 2 seasons. It was a miracle we got promoted in the first place, an incredible effort by all the players, and the same players have then had to give everything again this season, which has contributed to inconsistent performances and results because they are human beings; and human beings simply can't keep it going every game.

We have come this far, still scraping away and fighting for survival. Warnock and the players have given us everything and they will continue to give us everything. The players can't give any more and it's up to us to continue to get behind our players with our fantastic support. No more of the recent negativity that's crept in, it's now time for us to be the 12th man more than ever. Tomorrow, let's make CCS to be a cauldron of noise, passion and support. Let's give our team the extra lift they need to carry us up to 17th place or higher. Together, we can do this!
Tonteg Bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Half the budget of Huddersfield

Postby Bluebina » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:When considering our budget was half of Huddersfield's this season, I think it's a miracle we are still in a position to battle for survival. I've been disappointed with the negativity recently, I know we all love our team, it isn't nice seeing us getting hammered and we all get frustrated, but we still have a chance. Who would have thought that at the start of the season?

Everyone wrote us off, Chris Sutton said we would get the record lowest points total, every pundit predicted us to lose, but as the season progressed; we have gained a lot of respect. People have pointed out the amount of money Warnock has spent on players not playing regularly, which is a valid point. But we have to consider players wages as well with the financial position we are in. I'm sure Warnock would have wanted to sign a higher calibre player, but we had to be sensible and with what Warnock has achieved, who can argue with him?

This one season alone will put us in a much stronger position, whatever division we are in next season. We still have a largely Championship standard team who lets face it, have given everything and played above their normal levels for the past 2 seasons. It was a miracle we got promoted in the first place, an incredible effort by all the players, and the same players have then had to give everything again this season, which has contributed to inconsistent performances and results because they are human beings; and human beings simply can't keep it going every game.

We have come this far, still scraping away and fighting for survival. Warnock and the players have given us everything and they will continue to give us everything. The players can't give any more and it's up to us to continue to get behind our players with our fantastic support. No more of the recent negativity that's crept in, it's now time for us to be the 12th man more than ever. Tomorrow, let's make CCS to be a cauldron of noise, passion and support. Let's give our team the extra lift they need to carry us up to 17th place or higher. Together, we can do this!

Spot on we can choose to help the team stay up, or be negative and get on the players back and help send them down.

We can act as the 12th man for us or the opponents, our team needs us, stick together no matter what and try and help the team. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Bluebina

Re: Half the budget of Huddersfield

Postby dogfound » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:18 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:When considering our budget was half of Huddersfield's this season, I think it's a miracle we are still in a position to battle for survival. I've been disappointed with the negativity recently, I know we all love our team, it isn't nice seeing us getting hammered and we all get frustrated, but we still have a chance. Who would have thought that at the start of the season?

good post mate
dogfound

Re: “ Half the budget of Huddersfield “

Postby 5dylan6 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:47 pm

Every single bluebirds fan should get behind the team for the next 9 games and see where its gets us its really starting to push my buttons that everyone is all doom and gloom! For a start who would of thought that we would be fighting for Premier league surrival this time two years ago! You all would of thought we be fighting for league one football the way this club was going and now Mr warnock has done very job people are getting worried! We've given some of the big guns hard games and now we all need to pull together to help the club we all know and love.
5dylan6

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:40 pm

Have to agree with that! Before we brought in Arter and Camarasa, i thought this would be the most embarrassing experience. Although we are hit and miss, and mostly miss. I think we have done well. Our best games we can be proud of, and shows the team spirit that we have. Another thing we can be proud of i the fans. They are aloud and clear both home and away. So if we stay up or go down, it was by far the embarrassment i thought it would be :bluescarf:
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Don Keydick » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:10 pm

Great post, agree with everything.
Don Keydick

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:34 pm

I agree Neil Warnock has worked on a small budget and with mostly Championship players.

Warnock has done amazing on a oesnut budget and don’t forget he saved us from relegation and promoted us :thumbright: :bluebird:

Many have short memories.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:40 pm

True, but that makes it worse should we go down by a narrow margin.
rumpo kid

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:44 pm

rumpo kid wrote:True, but that makes it worse should we go down by a narrow margin.

Not Warnock’s fault though if he was only given a small budget :bluebird:

We needed to buy a quality striker big money last July.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby montyblue » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:58 pm

The question should be why was our budget half of huddersfield newly promoted.
montyblue

Postby Sven » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:59 pm

Some creditable pundits have said (and I agree) that if Neil Warnock keeps us up, he should be named "Manager of the Year' by some distance!

It ain't over 'til it's over and this squad have proved themselves before! :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:True, but that makes it worse should we go down by a narrow margin.

Agree not NW fault. There’s no formula for staying up, but you can save your way into the Championship. Tan should have overridden Mehmet and Choo perhaps..
rumpo kid

Postby Pencoed » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:56 pm

Great post be right behind the boys tomorrow we'll bounce back again.

Bloooobirds
Pencoed

Postby City Slicker » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

In this case "small" is a euphemism for "miniscule"
City Slicker

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Reading some of the posts on here it seems that Warnock was happy to go with a small budget knowing that would please Tan.

For me Tan was never going ot spend like last time so why try and persuade him. Warnock knew this so played along with it. That's what managers have to do sometimes.

Bottom line is that there was not enough in the budget to bring in a top striker without leaving huge gaps across the squad. For me this season has been a wing and pray to stay up. We are still in with a chance although that chance has diminished alot oover the last 3 games. If we go down we will eventually admit we never gave ourselves a chance. If we stay up I don't think anyone will be able to work it out how but their will not be a bad word against Warnock and I really hope for him only we do stay up.
Bakedalasker

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:26 am

Well, with £170m at least coming into the club, we're much better off than we were. That includes £75M parachute payments, for two seasons for the clubs that go down.
We could have done a Fulham..
rumpo kid

Postby dogfound » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:47 am

know what your saying , but having gone from no chance to having a chance the club tried hard to strengthen in January both before and after breaking our transfer record on ES in extremely difficult circumstances.
dogfound

Postby goats » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:35 am

dogfound wrote:

know what your saying , but having gone from no chance to having a chance the club tried hard to strengthen in January both before and after breaking our transfer record on ES in extremely difficult circumstances.

People need to remember this, yeah we did come up but it was a miracle. Even if we go down we will be financially stable unlike last time we were 180 million in debt. This promotion has hopefully seen those bad debt days gone and we should be grateful to Vincent for sticking by and learning. If we go again and go up no one will bat an eye lid. Let’s hopefully add a few more Reid’s, Murphys and arters and see how we do next year, whatever league. :thumbup:
goats

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:57 pm

montyblue wrote:The question should be why was our budget half of huddersfield newly promoted.
Because Huddersfield have overspent? :idea:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:56 pm

Who did Huddersfield buy in the summer? Must have wasted some serious money.
2blue2handle

Postby HarriRhys22 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:47 pm

Don’t know where you get your figures from but if you look up NET spending of Premier League clubs this season you’ll see we were14 th highest spenders in the summer just below Huddesfield who only paid £3.8m more on transfers. And in January we would have gone way above them if we still have to pay out £15m for Sala.
The problem we have is that we have no income from Player sales because of buying rubbish players and having no Academy players worth any money! Newcastle actually had a profit of 30m from transfers during the summer and Spurs didn’t buy one player so don’t blame Tan for not shelling out the money!
HarriRhys22

Postby dogfound » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:17 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Don’t know where you get your figures from but if you look up NET spending of Premier League clubs this season you’ll see we were14 th highest spenders in the summer just below Huddesfield who only paid £3.8m more on transfers. And in January we would have gone way above them if we still have to pay out £15m for Sala.
The problem we have is that we have no income from Player sales because of buying rubbish players and having no Academy players worth any money! Newcastle actually had a profit of 30m from transfers during the summer and Spurs didn’t buy one player so don’t blame Tan for not shelling out the money!

if Carlsburg did footballers eh..
budget includes wages mate its not just net spending on transfers,
dogfound

Postby goats » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:27 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Don’t know where you get your figures from but if you look up NET spending of Premier League clubs this season you’ll see we were14 th highest spenders in the summer just below Huddesfield who only paid £3.8m more on transfers. And in January we would have gone way above them if we still have to pay out £15m for Sala.

That quote was to with wage bill not transfers
goats

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:00 pm

goats wrote:

Makes sense, It was Huddersfield second season in the prem so their wage bill was bound to be bigger. No doubt if we stayed up our wage bill will he a lot bigger next season as well compared to teams coming up.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
goats wrote:

Makes sense, It was Huddersfield second season in the prem so their wage bill was bound to be bigger. No doubt if we stayed up our wage bill will he a lot bigger next season as well compared to teams coming up.

you would have to look at accounts for a better picture.. but one thing that's often ignored in articles and by posters is that a FREE TRANSFER is a player under contract that the club are willing to let go without being compensated . NOT players who have run out their contracts with the intention of then demanding a huge signing on fee in place of the transfer fee a club might ask. its anything but free.
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:10 am

Of course. Each club is different, I doubt wanrock knows the accounts to suggest it's double either. But it stands to reason that if your singing players for two seasons on Premier league wages it will be more than a newly promoted club.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:18 am

2blue2handle wrote:Of course. Each club is different, I doubt wanrock knows the accounts to suggest it's double either. But it stands to reason that if your singing players for two seasons on Premier league wages it will be more than a newly promoted club.

not sure he meant literally half , just that ours is considerably smaller.?
dogfound

Return to General Chat