Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Agents Fees

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:55 pm

According the BBC football web gossip page, the Telegraph are saying FIFA want a change to the regulations, so that agents fees will be capped and they will only be paid by the players they represent. If this is true, about time,as it may make players take more responsibility for their agents actions and statements.

Re: Agents Fees

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:27 pm

noisycat wrote:According the BBC football web gossip page, the Telegraph are saying FIFA want a change to the regulations, so that agents fees will be capped and they will only be paid by the players they represent. If this is true, about time,as it may make players take more responsibility for their agents actions and statements.

Agree 100%,they should even cap the "commision" fees to 5%, when you see how much they were making from the sala deal,WTF did they do to earn that amount,some leg work and paperwork ffs,I missed the boat ,a good friend of mine,was agent to a few rugby stars back in the day,lives abroad 9mths of the year,and told me at length,about how little he actually did :o ,nowhere near the figures in today's inflated climate,but obviously still paid a handsome wedge. :shock: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Agents' fees should be paid by the player.

StT.
<><

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:12 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Agents' fees should be paid by the player.

StT.
<><

Yes, I agree :thumbup:

After that, the amount of commission agreed between the player and his Agent (or in Agents McKay's case) is a matter for them and no one else

All Agents should be FIFA/UEFA registered and heavy penalties and big points reductions should be in place for any club then found making 'under the counter' payments to them

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:05 pm

All approaches for a player should be directly to the parent club. Nothing in between. Also agents should not be involved until the fee is agreed. Then their fee should be paid by the player

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:23 pm

it's not rocket science. agents should be paid by the people they purport to represent (i.e. the player).

an agent that takes fees from both sides has a conflict of interest. an agent can take a bribe to ensure a player goes to a particular club, and that's happened many times before.

there's been enough dodgy transfers here in the past, involving dodgy agents, that we should know this better than most.