Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VEW: CARDIFF LOST 2 OF THEIR MAIN 2 PLAYERS / BUT STILL

Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:54 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION

CARDIFF LOST 2 OF THEIR MAIN 2 PLAYERS / BUT STILL MANAGED A FANTASTIC 2-0 VICTORY OVER 7TH PLACE WEST HAM :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Both Victor Camarasa & Joe Bennett both hobbled of the pitch after playing superb today and West Ham then piled on all the pressure but thankfully City stayed solid and grabbed the 3pts :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Southampton beating Spurs means Cardiff remain in the bottom 3.

For me this was an excellent victory, showing you can never right of Neil Warnocks team.

First-half : Neil Warnock would of been absolutely delighted with the first-half.

West Ham had hardly a shot. Cardiff’s defence, midfield and attack were all functioning well.

CARDIFF CITY 2 WEST HAM UNITED 0 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
H/T 1-0
Crowd 32,458
Away Support 3,100 (West Ham)

Cardiff: Etheridge; Peltier, Manga, Morrison, Bennett; Gunnarsson, Arter, Camarasa; Hoilett, Murphy, Niasse.

Subs: Smithies, Bacuna, Ralls, Harris, Reid, Paterson, Zohore.

Early pressure paid off for Cardiff,Camarasa played the ball in to Murphy who's cross was turned home by Hoilett! 1-0 :thumbright: :bluebird: (after 6 mins) :bluebird:

Cardiff were doing a great job defensively, in particular their wingers Murphy and Hoilett who were coming back to help fend off Anderson and Snodgrass - the West Ham danger men out wide. Cardiff were looking solid in the first 25mins.

Camarasa had a cracking first half.

Neil Warnock would of been absolutely delighted with the first-half.

West Ham had hardly a shot. Cardiff’s defence, midfield and attack were all functioning well.

H/T 1-0 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Great start by Cardiff, Murphy headed Hoilett’s cross into a great area and Camarasa pounced! 2-0 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Victor Camarasa is back both goals have been beautifully worked and both times Josh Murphy has shown great vision to get himself the assist.

West Ham then piled the pressure on.

Bennett hobbled off, Joe Bennett was forced off through injury, with Leandro Bacuna coming on and Lee Peltier shifting to left-back.

Joe Ralls replaced Camarasa. Let’s hope it’s nothing too serious for the Spaniard as he left the field limping.

It became all West ham, with the Hammers attack after attack and even hitting the post.
Even having 70% of the ball.

Cardiff Losing Bennett & Camerasa gave West Ham new life.

Paterson replaced Harry Arter.

F/T 2-0 :bluebird: :bluebird:

MY MAN OF THE MATCH: VICTOR CAMARASA :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VEW: CARDIFF LOST 2 OF THEIR MAIN 2 PLAYERS / BUT STI

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:01 pm

We haven't got a game until the 31st now so hopefully both will be fine, what a result :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:02 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:02 pm

32,458 crowd :bluebird:

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:10 pm

:bluebird:

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:16 pm

Great result today but Southampton winning today has just made it even harder now to stay up, i think we are still getting relegated

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:19 pm

Great result, and shows how important IT is to have a balanced midfield. Should have been 4-0, But vital 3 points!

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:22 pm

I think as soon as we seen the team people were relieved and felt we could give it a go. Makes the other games odd selection more odd. Great result though especially with everyone else getting a result. Still plenty of twists and turns.

Liverpool to give Burnley a thrashing would help.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:45 pm

I came on here full of positivity, but having just seen that Southampton turned their game around, I must admit I’m feeling a little deflated now. That said, had they won and we lost, it would be game over for the season, so today’s win seems even more crucial now.

I’ve been very critical of Warnock in recent weeks and months, particularly his tactics. Today, though, we were fantastic, and there wasn’t a single glimpse of the tactics I’ve been complaining about for so long. We were passing the ball around, we kept the ball on the ground instead of aimless balls over the top, we pressed... just everything we DON’T usually do that we CAN do. We’re a good footballing side, and we showed that today.

14 heroes played for us today. The amount of running some of those guys did was incredible, and Murphy showed some real bottle for the first time in his Cardiff career. You can’t be critical of any of them - they were bloody amazing.

The Southampton score is a killer, but we still have some games we can get points from if we play like today. And that’s the key: we MUST play like today. When we play proper football, other teams can’t control us so well, and that’s how we can save our position in this league.

I honestly can’t believe that Southampton and Newcastle won their games. Can’t believe I dropped Camarasa and Ward-Prowse from my fantasy team today, either!

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:32,458 crowd :bluebird:

Annis no way was there 32k in stadium but great atmosphere :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:31 pm

Shame a few stayed away today to watch the egg.
They missed a fantastic performance , still 30k in attendance i would say.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

It doesn’t go on actual people in the stadium, it goes on tickets sold.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:36 pm

Our best performance of the season - everyone was on top of their game and for once Etheridge didn't have a great deal to do. It just goes to show that when we actually play football instead of hoofball we are a decent side and a match for all but the top sides in this league.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

There was quite a few empty seats,but they must have been bought and didn’t turn up (season tickets)

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:53 pm

theclaw wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

There was quite a few empty seats,but they must have been bought and didn’t turn up (season tickets)

That’s the official crowd, on tv it looked like about 27,000
They count all tickets sold .

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:54 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It doesn’t go on actual people in the stadium, it goes on tickets sold.

Spot on :bluebird:

Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:44 pm

:bluebird:

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:27 pm

Fantastic effort today. We play like that and with the same line up for the rest of this season we may be in with a chance of survuval. Camarasa was sheer class, Arter ran his bollox off, Gunnar was excellent and the back 4 actually looked like a unit and not a bunch of strangers! What disappointed me though was a lot of patches of empty seats in the bob bank and family stand - plastic glory hunting lily livered egg chasing wnkers- stay away cos you're not needed!

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:35 pm

I must admit i was very worried going into this game and we don't usually do well against West Ham however that was one hell of a performance ( Just a gutted Spurs let us down ) by the whole team. Just proves to everyone " Don't write us off "
Bring on Chelsea :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:55 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Fantastic effort today. We play like that and with the same line up for the rest of this season we may be in with a chance of survuval. Camarasa was sheer class, Arter ran his bollox off, Gunnar was excellent and the back 4 actually looked like a unit and not a bunch of strangers! What disappointed me though was a lot of patches of empty seats in the bob bank and family stand - plastic glory hunting lily livered egg chasing wnkers- stay away cos you're not needed!

Pathetic attitude towards our fans who have been excellent this season.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:21 pm

Rubbish. Not once have i said our fans haven't backed the players this season. Suck it up and let me have my opinion. There were quite a few empty seats today when our players deserved a packed house! It suggested to me that maybe some supporters would prefer to watch the rugby and may be were concerned we may take another beating.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:40 pm

I suppose in hindsight i could have been slightly less caustic - not all those who stayed away may necessarily be fairly bracketed in the insulting description i used. So i apologise to those who had genuine reasons for missing today's game but not to those who put the fking egg first! :-)

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:16 am

Well I know of 5 people only 1 went and none of them care for rugby but at the end of the day's its a choice. Going to games isn't mandarory, it's an enjoyment and if someone enjoys something else more then so be it.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:00 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Fantastic effort today. We play like that and with the same line up for the rest of this season we may be in with a chance of survuval. Camarasa was sheer class, Arter ran his bollox off, Gunnar was excellent and the back 4 actually looked like a unit and not a bunch of strangers! What disappointed me though was a lot of patches of empty seats in the bob bank and family stand - plastic glory hunting lily livered egg chasing wnkers- stay away cos you're not needed!

Pathetic attitude towards our fans who have been excellent this season.

Someone been left in the oven a little too long an tarting to smell a bit fishy! ;) :lol:

Thought it was a great game and a great atmosphere today with only small pockets of silence form a pretty supportive crowd!

Some odd songs from The Hapless Hammers and to hear them sing "You're going down...!" was amusing!

A retort of "How bad must you be, we're winning 2-0" would have been appropriate! :laughing6:

A great display from Josh Murphy and loved his action at the final whistle when he dropped to his haunches with both fists clenched in acknowledgement of a good performance (from him) and a hard-earned but fully deserved win!

Now THAT is team spirit and fitting for the cause...! :thumbup: :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :notworthy:

Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:22 am

Players stepping up - Need this now to the end of the season :bluebird: