Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Got laughed at for saying

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:01 pm

I got laughed at for saying bamba out could be a blessing in disguise.....

Re: Got laughed at for saying

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:08 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I got laughed at for saying bamba out could be a blessing in disguise.....

Same, tweeted it last week. Sure, he's had some excellent performances this season, but he's been at fault for so many goals too.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:43 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I got laughed at for saying bamba out could be a blessing in disguise.....

How do you know it’s only that?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:05 pm

And rightly so.
Just because we won today doesn’t prove you right. What about the brilliant wins we’ve had with him?
Like Leicester and Southampton away and Bournemouth home just for a few examples?
We’ve got three great centre backs whichever two play there stop looking for a scapegoat.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:10 pm

It was a tough one, I think a lot of people probably shared you're sentiments, bamba has been class at times and a liability at others, did not won't the lad to get injured but there was always a chance a change could go in our favour

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:16 pm

I've said the same thing and got odd looks off people. Only until you spend 5 mins explaining they then get the point :lol:

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:13 am

I'd rather have Bamba available and Warnock pick a balanced defence to be honest. Only two of Manga, Bamba, Morrison need to play.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:35 am

2blue2handle wrote:I'd rather have Bamba available and Warnock pick a balanced defence to be honest. Only two of Manga, Bamba, Morrison need to play.

I think Manga is our best CB and a better RB than pelts , I also think both sol and mozza are better CBs than peltier is a fullback..i get it..

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:48 am

Definitely a better balance yesterday. But as said above. As long as it's only 2 of the 3 in the middle we're ok.

Pelts had a good game yesterday. Considering the players he was up against. More than held his own.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:00 am

2blue2handle wrote:I'd rather have Bamba available and Warnock pick a balanced defence to be honest. Only two of Manga, Bamba, Morrison need to play.

I agree with this .
The only way all three should play is in a back 5
We shouldn't play players out of position just to get them in the team

Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:59 am

thomasblue wrote:

I agree with this .
The only way all three should play is in a back 5
We shouldn't play players out of position just to get them in the team

never really understood this. out of position thing..
who decided what position a player is.?

and its not ..just to get them in the team..thats insane.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:37 am

So in your words we are gonna win every other game with out Bamba :lol: beauty

Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:41 am

We had a more solid midfield, Arter and Gunner were there to help the defenders and at times also Hoilett, Camerasa and Murphy, lets not find a new scapegoat, we have three decent centre-halves, but they need help and we need to defend as a team and be hard to beat for the rest of the season of the season.

Lets not also forget that they still hit the post, and Etheridge made a good save, fine margins between win and defeat.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:20 am

Agree that it takes an injury to 1 of the 3 fo get a balanced teamsheet. Warnock stubbornly loyal to players

Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:24 am

Bluebina wrote:

We had a more solid midfield, Arter and Gunner were there to help the defenders and at times also Hoilett, Camerasa and Murphy, lets not find a new scapegoat, we have three decent centre-halves, but they need help and we need to defend as a team and be hard to beat for the rest of the season of the season.

Lets not also forget that they still hit the post, and Etheridge made a good save, fine margins between win and defeat.

I agree with all that you say apart from the last line about Saturday's "fine margins".

I get your point but if that was the case then what about Fabianski's double save, Niasse through on goal and scuffing it, etc. Fine margins in most games but all we need to worry about is the points, not how we get them !!

Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:57 am

People are missing the point here...

I rate Bamba highly and I haven't once said I don't.

What I meant was he does too much sometimes which leads to goals. He tackles well and he's a great leader so for me, he would be in the team.

BUT - I don't think he'll be as big of a loss as everyone thought.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:17 pm

Bloody hell our best player out then everyone on this thread he was shit anyway :lol: You can’t make this shot up. We won one game ffs . And would we of beaten Southampton without him ?

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:54 pm

not the fact that we wont miss sol we will (massively) but it does mean that NW can't play Bruno at right back and the back four for me just about picks itself now if all are injury free. This may give us a more settled and balanced side so I for one will look at the positives. That said I think Sol has been my favorite player over the last two years and hope he recovers well and is fit to play for us again, whatever the division next season. :bluebird:

Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:15 pm

ThomasC wrote:Agree that it takes an injury to 1 of the 3 fo get a balanced teamsheet. Warnock stubbornly loyal to players

yes you get to manage successfully for all those years winning promotions through stubbornly picking lesser players.
maybe he just thinks manga is a better than pelts.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:26 pm

bamba is an important player, but he isnt a solid defender and never has been. we are more solid defensively without him.

he always has a mistake in him. good attackers feed off that, and he makes unforced errors game in and game out. however, he is a huge character, and an attacking threat. despite not reading the game well defensively, he does have a knack of being in the right place at the right time, which shows he reads the game well in the other box.