Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ NEIL WARNOCK ANSWERS HIS CRITICS “

Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Neil Warnock proclaimed Cardiff City's 2-0 victory over West Ham United as his side's "biggest win of the season" and sent a message to the critics who claimed there was a rift in the Bluebirds camp.

Cardiff ended their three-match losing streak with an assured victory over a lacklustre Hammers outfit, thanks to goals from Junior Hoilett and Victor Camarasa.

And Warnock - who'd been criticised by former Cardiff players Nathan Blake and Danny Gabbidon in the week - revealed his players had joked about those rumours of a "split" before the West Ham game.

"That's the only way you can answer them," he said when asked if the Bluebirds had responded to their doubters.

"I think even the lads mentioned the 'split camp' and the 'splinters' and what's been said this week. But you don't get a performance like that with a split camp."

He then joked that he'd asked the "rifters" to come forward, saying he didn't need to mention what the pundits had been saying about his side following successive defeats to Watford, Everton and Wolves.

Cardiff City 2-0 West Ham

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I didn't have to. The lads were all talking about it," he added.

"We were asking them to stand up - 'will you stand up please, you rifters!' - but nobody stood up.

"You always get that when you get defeats, because you (the media) have got to write about something.

"You have to fill news bulletins I suppose."

Warnock then held nothing back when describing the magnitude of the win and what it means for the Bluebirds' hopes of staving off relegation.

Despite wins for rivals Southampton and Newcastle United , Cardiff are still in the mix to stay up.

Cardiff City 2-0 West Ham

Warnock added: "For me, it was an important game. You can say about the other results, but I just think it brings a few more back into the pack. It makes a few more nervous.

"I think we're quite capable of getting results between now and the end of the season.

"I think it was the biggest win of the season just because of how poor we were in the last three matches.

"(The other results) are bound to bring the mood down, you want them all to lose when you’re in our situation.

"But our result will have surprised a few looking at the papers this morning, everyone predicted a 2-0 defeat so it’s great to have the opposite, I hope they all had money on it!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ NEIL WARNOCK ANSWERS HIS CRITICS “

Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:11 pm

We went back to playing out best players in the correct position. :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:53 pm

2blue2handle wrote:We went back to playing out best players in the correct position. :bluescarf:

That exactly what we were saying today aswell. Everybody knew there role and nobody was just filling in. It made a huge difference

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:24 am

2blue2handle wrote:We went back to playing out best players in the correct position. :bluescarf:

hmmmmm
mozza, gunner , junior , peltier and murphy have all been slaughtered on here .

truth is its always our BEST team when we win.

last week our BEST team was the one you should never change although it had changed inbetween the 2 wins.?

not aimed at you...just an observation.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:40 am

dogfound wrote:

hmmmmm

last week our BEST team was the one you should never change although it had changed inbetween the 2 wins.?

Must be Sol Bamba's turn today! ;) :lol:

To be fair, me and those around me were heaping the 'jinx' blame on the missing Bartley Bluebird, who was nowhere to be seen (near us at least) for most of the game today...but he suddenly appeared late on, so that was him out of the running for 'Jinx of the Week'

Struggling to find any other scapegoats (for our improved performance) today, although one of my mates did bring his girlfriend for her first ever City game, so the win may well be down to her actually being a 'lucky charm'! ;) :thumbright:

Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:31 am

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

You could blame me as the jinx. I live away and have not seen a win since we beat Burnley in our last promotion season under Malky. I came back for Watford Everton so if your looking for a scapegoat I'm your man. My mates even told me not to come back anymore hahaha

hmmmmm

Must be Sol Bamba's turn today! ;) :lol:

To be fair, me and those around me were heaping the 'jinx' blame on the missing Bartley Bluebird, who was nowhere to be seen (near us at least) for most of the game today...but he suddenly appeared late on, so that was him out of the running for 'Jinx of the Week'

Struggling to find any other scapegoats (for our improved performance) today, although one of my mates did bring his girlfriend for her first ever City game, so the win may well be down to her actually being a 'lucky charm'! ;) :thumbright:

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:43 am

Junior on the left as well, with his best performance of the season not too mention Josh on the right.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:16 am

every player gave 100% and thats all you can ask for,

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:57 am

Every club has it's own plastic support that bends either way the wind blows . I guess that's football support in general and its all about opinions.

You are only as good as you last game in many people's eyes.

Warnock and this squad till I die if we stay up or go down. We have fought all the way and am proud.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:25 am

No sign of the "Warnock Is Not Good Enough" brigade today. No doubt they will be back within minutes of our next defeat. Third time in our last six games the ref has not come in for stick as well. Can't imagine why. ;)

Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:31 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:No sign of the "Warnock Is Not Good Enough" brigade today. No doubt they will be back within minutes of our next defeat. Third time in our last six games the ref has not come in for stick as well. Can't imagine why. ;)

Absolute hate these comments. The aim is to stay up if we go down then that aim will have been a failure. You therefore have to think more than just one game to say if you think we can achieve the aim of staying up.
We are still on course to be relegated.
I think the players and Warnock had a wake up call from the people and press asking questions of the tactics and
Unity of the squad as not everyone is happy flappy about being relegated,we should always treat that as a disaster. Rather than a great journey,did all we could,we did well with no money brigade.
All fans have a right to an opinion. The plastics in my eye if there is such a thing are the ones with no opinions or are happy to be relegated.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:30 pm

Sloper Road wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:No sign of the "Warnock Is Not Good Enough" brigade today. No doubt they will be back within minutes of our next defeat. Third time in our last six games the ref has not come in for stick as well. Can't imagine why. ;)

Absolute hate these comments. The aim is to stay up if we go down then that aim will have been a failure. You therefore have to think more than just one game to say if you think we can achieve the aim of staying up.
I think the players and Warnock had a wake up call from the people and press asking questions of the tactics and
Unity of the squad as not everyone is happy flappy about being relegated,we should always treat that as a disaster. Rather than a great journey,did all we could,we did well with no money brigade.
All fans have a right to an opinion. The plastics in my eye if there is such a thing are the ones with no opinions or are happy to be relegated.

Don't recall saying saying anything about being happy about being relegated, or just here to enjoy the journey. If you read something into this that does not exist, then that is entirely up to you. I have said throughout the season, I would be happy with 17th place. We are one position off that today, and come the end of the season I will be delighted with 17th place. Read into that whatever you want.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:45 pm

Sloper Road wrote:

yeah they got a wake up call from Blakey and a dozen or so sillies .. :roll: :roll: