Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Niasse ‘

Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:35 pm

Such a shame he didn't get a goal today as it would have done his confidence the world of good and apart from his finishing I thought he was really good today.

A bad miss when through on goal but did brilliantly to get himself in that position in the first place and was very unlucky with the volley as it was really drilled across goal and he did well to get his shot on target forcing a decent save from the JB keeper.
Could have gone for a header perhaps but the ball came so quickly I'm not sure he could do much more than he did.

He just needs one to go in off his backside or any way really and he could be vital in the run in.

Re: ‘ Niasse ‘

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:10 pm

davids wrote:Such a shame he didn't get a goal today as it would have done his confidence the world of good and apart from his finishing I thought he was really good today.

A bad miss when through on goal but did brilliantly to get himself in that position in the first place and was very unlucky with the volley as it was really drilled across goal and he did well to get his shot on target forcing a decent save from the JB keeper.
Could have gone for a header perhaps but the ball came so quickly I'm not sure he could do much more than he did.

He just needs one to go in off his backside or any way really and he could be vital in the run in.

He was very close to MOM for me - work rate was fantastic and a goal would have been the icing on the cake for him

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:16 pm

[quote="davids"]Such a shame he didn't get a goal today as it would have done his confidence the world of good and apart from his finishing I thought he was really good today.

Seems to do the hard work and then mess it up when he gets in the box. Another good game for him though. Like you say, a goal will give him a lot more confidence.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:19 pm

Yes good game kept their back 4 busy all game just needs a goal..

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:20 pm

I struggle with him because I love his effort and enthusiasm

But hes just not a premier league striker who will score goals to keep you up.

If you want someone to chase lost causes and run his ass off closing down he is brilliant.

He could and should have had a hat trick today

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:22 pm

He was a lot better today and should have scored a couple.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:03 pm

He needs to get on the weights. He gets pushed off the ball to easily

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:25 pm

Gravity wrote:He needs to get on the weights. He gets pushed off the ball to easily

Tbf he had a monster marking him today.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:25 pm

Gravity wrote:He needs to get on the weights. He gets pushed off the ball to easily

Although I thought Niasse had a good game I was hoping Ken would come on for the last 10 minutes or so because I would have liked to see him running at their huge centre backs.

I don't think he would have been pushed off the ball quite so easily.

I think the injuries put paid to that happening though.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:28 pm

I think that the very encouraging thing about Niasse, as well as his work rate, is that he always looks as if he might score a goal and when that's the case they generally do so. If we continue to play like we did today the I think he'll score quite a lot.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:34 pm

Hope he gets the goals his workrate deserves, but his tenacity when working the lone striker role is invaluable to us at the moment.
You need someone who's a constant pest, Zohore is not that kind of striker, whereas Niasse is. Patterson has that same work ethic but is not a striker in the same way that Niasse is.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:38 pm

Yep, agree with all comments above. Deserved a goal. Ken was warming up most of 2nd half then sat down With 20 mins left. Disappointing he didn’t get on. Two enforced subs and Pats for Harry.
Block 111

Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:17 pm

He was excellent today.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:53 pm

I always think a lot of fans are harsh on our strikers, it's a thankless task, running and running generally on scraps. Niasse I think has been excellent for us, give us so much more balance and runs the right channels. Hasn't scored but given us so much more than Patterson did (not his fault). He will get goals.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:59 pm

We need to buy this guy come the end of the season wether we stay up or not. With camarasa and arter :lol:

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:10 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:49 am

Good work rate? I must having been watching a different game. I thought he was crap

Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:29 am

Leads the line well but honestly should have scored.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:37 am

8 in 22 for Everton last season isn’t bad!

You feel he just needs a goal, even a fluke, and he will go on a decent scoring run.

But his pace, flair and work rate is fantastic.

Really hope he gets a goal soon

Hope we sign him too.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:43 am

Shame he didnt score - but west ham would have been weary of him as he was running at them constantly and getting himself into the right positions. Even if he is just a decoy - he's fast and playing well. Shame Ken didnt get some game time yesterday though

Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:44 am

My mates an Everton fan, he always asks how he played. He Says that he'll run his socks off but his finishing is poor. Hopefully the first goal will come, and as posted earlier 8 from 22 isn't bad.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:59 am

bullerlever wrote:Good work rate? I must having been watching a different game. I thought he was crap

Given all the comments above are positive, I thought he makes the natural runs a striker should keeping the defence just I thought he did brilliantly and deserved a goal.

Also the Match of the Day pundits singled him out for praise too.

Therefore we can all assume your correct and you were watching another game.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:06 am

bullerlever wrote:Good work rate? I must having been watching a different game. I thought he was crap

Yes, you were watching a different game

Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:07 am

WelshPatriot wrote:

Given all the comments above are positive, I thought he makes the natural runs a striker should keeping the defence just I thought he did brilliantly and deserved a goal.

Also the Match of the Day pundits singled him out for praise too.

Therefore we can all assume your correct and you were watching another game.

:lol:
There’s always one that just can’t see it!!

He’s been great for us since he signed and today I thought he led the line and was fantastic.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:15 am

It's probably a matter of confidence. I think he'll benefit from being selected every game which Sir Neil will do based on his work rate and the room he makes . Once he's scored a couple and believes in himself he'll start taking that extra split second to place it .
A lot of it is luck and chance once someone's doing all the right things and he could have scored two or three yesterday with a different bounce. Here's a guy who'd benefit from enthusiasm in the crowd and maybe a sing about him

Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:22 am

Just my opinion. ....

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:04 pm

davids wrote:Such a shame he didn't get a goal today as it would have done his confidence the world of good and apart from his finishing I thought he was really good today.

Ultimately your centre forward is there to put the ball in the net. The chances he had to day were incredible. He should have at least taken one. Work rate is great but needs goals and finishing practice. Let's face it one was a tap in :mrgreen:

Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:33 pm

You get the feeling though if he gets one he'll get a hatfull before the end of the season

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:33 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:You get the feeling though if he gets one he'll get a hatfull before the end of the season

Don't know about that :lol:

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:48 pm

I don't care if he doesn't score any if he makes himself as much of a nuisance as yesterday! Although he could've had a hatrick he more than made up for it with his with for the team.