Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Bookings ‘

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:16 pm

I thought the ref overall was quite good today and I know that I see the games through blue tinted glasses but I just can't understand how it always seems to be that our players get booked frequently for the first foul they make in the game but the opposition rarely seem to get booked for similar or even worse challenges.

Morrison was booked today for a challenge that he was absolutely entitled to make on their keeper and if he had just allowed the keeper to collect the ball without going for it Warnock would, rightly, have gone mad.

Their big centre half completely wiped Hoilett out yet no card. Their number 10 made three fouls in quick succession today and didn't even get spoken to.

It was a similar story against Everton and Wolves - yellow cards were given early in the game to our players for often their first fouls meaning that they have to be extra careful with tackling for the rest of the game.

Maybe our reputation from last season as a "dirty" team has followed us into the Premier League but it is completely unjustified. In fact with the exception of Harry Arter ( :laughing6: ) if anything we're not nasty enough sometimes.

Re: ‘ Bookings ‘

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:29 pm

Best ref this season but your right about other teams not getting booked when blatantly yellow card fouls are committed? Great example example was wolves last week their player tripped city's as he went psdt him its a yellow card unequivocally but nothing given and would been 2nd yellow .... :o

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:31 pm

I was just going to make a post about the ref, thought he was very fair today, about time we had a decent ref

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:31 pm

As a referee, Morrison's challenge was a lenient yellow/harsh red. He was lucky he didnt connect with the GKs face. I know there was no intent, but dangerous play. I watched a stream as couldnt make the game and was seriously hoping the ref went easy on us. Live play looked like it was there to be won but the replay showed it totally differently.

Great win though boys, desperately needed with S'ton winning!

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Yes. Agree totally. Arter and Morrison were both correct to point it out to him. I still don't think any of them got booked.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:20 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Yes. Agree totally. Arter and Morrison were both correct to point it out to him. I still don't think any of them got booked.

The only player they had booked was Chiquitita for diving.

Or is that the Abba song?

:oops:

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Agree - one of the better refereeing displays down there today but our players do appear to be unfairly targeted at times for the first offence.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:49 pm

Chikiitita? Yes - Abba song or a small Fiat.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:30 am

davids wrote:I thought the ref overall was quite good today and I know that I see the games through blue tinted glasses but I just can't understand how it always seems to be that our players get booked frequently for the first foul they make in the game but the opposition rarely seem to get booked for similar or even worse challenges.

Morrison was booked today for a challenge that he was absolutely entitled to make on their keeper and if he had just allowed the keeper to collect the ball without going for it Warnock would, rightly, have gone mad.

Their big centre half completely wiped Hoilett out yet no card. Their number 10 made three fouls in quick succession today and didn't even get spoken to.

It was a similar story against Everton and Wolves - yellow cards were given early in the game to our players for often their first fouls meaning that they have to be extra careful with tackling for the rest of the game.

Maybe our reputation from last season as a "dirty" team has followed us into the Premier League but it is completely unjustified. In fact with the exception of Harry Arter ( :laughing6: ) if anything we're not nasty enough sometimes.

Mozzas yellow was a yellow ,his foot was dangerously high , not malicious but dangerous never the less.

thought the ref was very fair tbh. could easily have sent Arter off.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:39 am

Morrison should have had red very dangerous about time we had a bit of luck