Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

One more 3pm Saturday home game

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:57 am

Have just realised we do not have another Saturday home fixture until ths penultimate game of the season against Palace ( which could well be moved for TV aswell ) .
That's 7 weeks at least until we "might" play at home on a Saturday.

We have three Sunday games
Two midweek re arrangements (man city likely to stay in the cup)
And two Saturdays away

Given I cant make sundays that's only leaving me with 1 game left this season to watch possibly none if Palace is moved for TV . Gutted

Re: One more 3pm Saturday home game

Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:03 am

thomasblue wrote:Have just realised we do not have another Saturday home fixture until ths penultimate game of the season against Palace ( which could well be moved for TV aswell ) .

And two Saturdays away

Given I cant make sundays that's only leaving me with 1 game left this season to watch possibly none if Palace is moved for TV . Gutted

if we are still involved its going to be moved.

I think the delay in a date for the Brighton game could well be waiting to see what happens in the FA cup....and possibly if City go through and Brighton go out we will play Brighton on the Saturday we should be playing City.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:11 am

Brighton play Spurs away that weekend if they are not in the cup so we will not be playing that Saturday.
Especially as it is booked in for Spurs first game in the new Stadium

Brighton away will have to be midweek

Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:16 am

thomasblue wrote:Brighton play Spurs away that weekend if they are not in the cup so we will not be playing that Saturday.

in that case puzzled as to delay in fixture announcement.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:33 am

dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Brighton play Spurs away that weekend if they are not in the cup so we will not be playing that Saturday.

in that case puzzled as to delay in fixture announcement.

Possible Replay needed?

Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:39 am

No replays 5th round onwards. These are away games anyway and the subject was home games. Also Brighton have a re arranged game with Chelsea to squeeeze in too. Depends on what happens in Europe with them. TV games are and will be a problem as long as we are in the top flight. Even in the championship we had loads of home games on tv. It’s moderm football I’m afraid.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:41 pm

thomasblue wrote:Have just realised we do not have another Saturday home fixture until ths penultimate game of the season against Palace ( which could well be moved for TV aswell ) .

And two Saturdays away

Unfortunately people have to get out of the mindset that premier league football is played on a Saturday at 3.00pm.
Doesn’t affect me but I’d much prefer the traditional Saturday kick offs every week.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:21 am

Welcome to the PREMIER LEAGUE :bluebird: