Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I thought Gunnarson was past it and over the hill

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:08 am

I was amazed at Gunnars' performance yesterday. I haven't rated him for some time but I am no expert and I am really happy that I have been proved wrong. He was simply magnificent.

Pelts was great too and having a proper right back makes us so much better defensively when our best defender can play in his natural position. We looked solid and Mozza looked settled. I just wish he'd get a goal to really boost his confidence.

What a great display. Hoilett too. All of them. Well done lads.

If we can get two or three wins against Burnley, Brighton, Palace and Fulham then I think we will be safe.

Quite frankly, if we play like that we might nick a few points of some of the rich boys.

Re: I thought Gunnarson was past it and over the hill

Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Never gets the praise he often deserves, I kinda get why as he's the defensive anchorman and a lot of his work tends to go unnoticed.

A recent example was Arsenal away, we didn't get a result but his main job was to track Ozil and keep him quiet, which he did superbly. He also stepped up to the plate and told Warnock to switch to 4 in the middle early in the first half, (was the first game after Sala and Warnock was not himself), was really impressed with that.

Also remember Nottingham Forest away last season when he practically won the game for us, he scored, and made a goal saving tackle down the other end.

He's been with us for a long time now.