Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City have won 8 games this season

Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:53 am

Already,One more than last time we were in the Prem :bluescarf:

Re: Cardiff City have won 8 games this season

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Already,One more than last time we were in the Prem :bluescarf:

its more wins than WBA, Stoke and Southampton achieved last season..

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:51 pm

We won't be going down with any record low points total that's for sure. Starting to look as if we may need a few more points than most of us forecast would be required to stay up this season. I thought 35 or 36 points would be fine, not so sure now.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Already,One more than last time we were in the Prem :bluescarf:

Two more to go then.
I said at the start that ten wins would be enough to ensure staying up and I think that's still right.
It might not look like it at the moment but that's because everyone else has had a good patch recently, but I very much doubt that Southampton , for example, will keep on winning at this rate.
Generally, each of the lower teams will get at least one unexpected win against one of the big teams and we haven't had that yet so just one of those would tip the balance. Actually we had no right to expect to beat West Ham, but we did that pretty convincingly in the event.
What would really do the trick would be an upset of Chelsea which isn't impossible .
The trouble is that we only play one way and that either works or it doesn't , and when it doesn't we get really smashed.
We must beat Burnley and Brighton.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:04 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:We won't be going down with any record low points total that's for sure. Starting to look as if we may need a few more points than most of us forecast would be required to stay up this season. I thought 35 or 36 points would be fine, not so sure now.

difficult to call , everyone seems to be picking points up.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:37 pm

No need to worry Sir Jimmy stated ages ago that his computer prediction would have us finishing in 10th place. Sir Jim couldn't possibly be wrong surely :bluescarf:

Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:39 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:We won't be going down with any record low points total that's for sure. Starting to look as if we may need a few more points than most of us forecast would be required to stay up this season. I thought 35 or 36 points would be fine, not so sure now.

I always thought it would probably go down to the last one or two games before we would know our fate. I think 3 more wins would be enough, but like you say, difficult to call and it may require 38 points the way others are now hitting a bit of form. I think we are capable of getting another 3 wins, I hope it does'nt go right to the final day. :bluescarf:

Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:40 pm

dogfound wrote:

It is a difficult call as results are so unpredictable. I have always thought we will survive by the skin of our teeth in 17th place with results going our way on the final day.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:23 pm

Impressive especially when you consider the difference in budgets

Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:48 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Two more to go then.
I said at the start that ten wins would be enough to ensure staying up and I think that's still right.
It might not look like it at the moment but that's because everyone else has had a good patch recently, but I very much doubt that Southampton , for example, will keep on winning at this rate.
Generally, each of the lower teams will get at least one unexpected win against one of the big teams and we haven't had that yet so just one of those would tip the balance. Actually we had no right to expect to beat West Ham, but we did that pretty convincingly in the event.
What would really do the trick would be an upset of Chelsea which isn't impossible .
The trouble is that we only play one way and that either works or it doesn't , and when it doesn't we get really smashed.

10 wins won’t be enough as we haven’t got enough points from draws. 4 is unusually low.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:30 pm

The Boys have done well that's for sure, who knows we may just have a few more shocks up our sleeves :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:24 am

bluespeers wrote:The Boys have done well that's for sure, who knows we may just have a few more shocks up our sleeves :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:08 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
dogfound wrote:

It is a difficult call as results are so unpredictable. I have always thought we will survive by the skin of our teeth in 17th place with results going our way on the final day.

I said 15th,but would take your 17th :ayatollah: lots of twists to come,I also said that with 13 games left,we are not out of this race,we have to make the ccs a cauldron against Chelsea, and all the home games left,bottom to look dead certs,now we have that 11 point,and 10+ goal difference, in reality I would prefer to play them,if they still have a chance,not when they are doomed with nothing to lose anymore ;) teams in that position tend to play better with the "shackles" off :?: anyway C'MON CITY WE CAN DO THIS :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:56 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Two more to go then.

Possible but the Key games are Brighton, Burnley, Fulham and Palace, should be three wins out of those and a possible shock from the others :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: