Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANYONE KNOW PARACHUTE PAYMENT VALUES?

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:04 pm

How much money we would get from getting relegated and how much money we’d get for staying up?

Re: ANYONE KNOW?

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:16 pm

i think our parachute payments depend on what position we finish, correct me if im wrong but i think the higher you finish the more you get

Re: ANYONE KNOW PARACHUTE PAYMENT VALUES?

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:35 pm

£72mil over two seasons for going down. And about £110mil-ish for staying up (tv rights and such). Oh and the higher you are in the league the more cash you get.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:03 pm

BluebirdRyan18 wrote:How much money we would get from getting relegated and how much money we’d get for staying up?

its 55% of the equal share of broadcasting revenue paid to prem clubs the 1st year
45% the second
that's a percentage of the base amount prem lge clubs get not the total amount.

everything else drops too, ticket sales , merchandise sales, sponsorship...Swansea claim its a 60 mill drop for them this season

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:30 pm

dogfound wrote:
BluebirdRyan18 wrote:How much money we would get from getting relegated and how much money we’d get for staying up?

its 55% of the equal share of broadcasting revenue paid to prem clubs the 1st year
45% the second

everything else drops too, ticket sales , merchandise sales, sponsorship...Swansea claim its a 60 mill drop for them this season
this year is the first of the new deal which ment more money for dropping,tv money is minimum 100 million for finishing bottom also parachute money is more too next season

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

45% the second

this year is the first of the new deal which ment more money for dropping,tv money is minimum 100 million for finishing bottom also parachute money is more too next season

parachute payments are as I stated Wez..

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:11 am

If you only spend one season in the PL the payments are over 2 seasons, you need to stay for another season to receive it for 3 seasons.
So if us and Huddersfield are relegated, we get payments for 2 seasons, Huddersfield for 3.