Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Results against top 6

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:09 pm

Won’t matter, won’t make a difference is all we heard. I include myself in that, right now it is what is sending us down. Our inability to compete or take a single point from the top six sides while our rivals have done so is currently the difference.

It isn’t something we thought we would need to worry about, win your mini league and all will be ok as they will beat the teams around you is what was broadcast not just amongst fans but also by the media.

It might not be the case, be as is is currently panning out it might just be what sends us down. Somehow we need to pull off a shock with Chelsea being are most realistic chance of that.

We have shown we compete with mid table down, even our 3 awful defeats were sides chasing 7th. Can we beat a big boy or do we need to? Interesting debate. Over to you...

Re: Results against top 6

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:34 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Won’t matter, won’t make a difference is all we heard. I include myself in that, right now it is what is sending us down. Our inability to compete or take a single point from the top six sides while our rivals have done so is currently the difference.

It isn’t something we thought we would need to worry about, win your mini league and all will be ok as they will beat the teams around you is what was broadcast not just amongst fans but also by the media.

It might not be the case, be as is is currently panning out it might just be what sends us down. Somehow we need to pull off a shock with Chelsea being are most realistic chance of that.

We have shown we compete with mid table down, even our 3 awful defeats were sides chasing 7th. Can we beat a big boy or do we need to? Interesting debate. Over to you...

I think you're right but it's against the top six where our lack of quality really works against us. As seen with Burnley, Southampton, Newcastle and Palace they are capable of getting the odd result against the big boys and that makes a huge difference. We now face tough, tough games away at Burnley, Brighton and Fulham which appear must win games if we are to give ourselves any chance but even a point against one of the top six could be pivotal.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:51 pm

Still got 4 games against them, 12 points. Safety, simple !!!!

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:19 am

That’s just a stupid thing to say given we are only two points from safety if anything it’s the inability to beat teams around us at home lost to Burnley and Drew with Huddersfield in games we should have been getting wins from.