Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RIDDLER

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:09 pm

See he watching some potential targets this afternoon armed with the list of players on DJ's wish list.
Now please tell me am I missing something here but is it the Chairman's job to go and watch players the manger wants.? Surely as a football matter it is purely for the management/coaching/scouting staff to watch players and fr the Chairman/chief Exec/agent/legal adviser to conduct the negotaitons. something I may add he has a history of making a comlete hash of at cardiff (ramsey - no sell on, hudson increased wages for a player just relegated to lge 1 etc)
If it was Ridds club and HIS money I could understand, but why does he have to get busy and involved in actually watching the potential targets. What if he does not rate them? If they fail who gets the flack Ridds or DJ? the manager of course.
please stick to being a chairman and running the admin/finance issues at the club whichat this present moment in time need far more attention than playing issues and leave this to the people who know what they are talking about.

Re: RIDDLER

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:09 pm

I would assume Burton/Jones will be with him

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Goodshoes wrote:I would assume Burton/Jones will be with him

nah they'll be at home trying to play football manager 2010, no doubt playing 4-4-2, and losing in spectacular fashion :lol:

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:17 pm

The Consultant wrote:See he watching some potential targets this afternoon armed with the list of players on DJ's wish list.
Now please tell me am I missing something here but is it the Chairman's job to go and watch players the manger wants.? Surely as a football matter it is purely for the management/coaching/scouting staff to watch players and fr the Chairman/chief Exec/agent/legal adviser to conduct the negotaitons. something I may add he has a history of making a comlete hash of at cardiff (ramsey - no sell on, hudson increased wages for a player just relegated to lge 1 etc)
If it was Ridds club and HIS money I could understand, but why does he have to get busy and involved in actually watching the potential targets. What if he does not rate them? If they fail who gets the flack Ridds or DJ? the manager of course.
please stick to being a chairman and running the admin/finance issues at the club whichat this present moment in time need far more attention than playing issues and leave this to the people who know what they are talking about.

Most prob all the groundwork of the scouting etc has been done.
He will most prob be there to talk terms etc.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:19 pm

The Consultant wrote:See he watching some potential targets this afternoon armed with the list of players on DJ's wish list.

Ridsdale brought Chopra in.
Ridsdale brought Loovens in, had to convince Jones who didn't want him initially.

Yup, I'd leave all transfers in DJ's more than capable hands.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:19 pm

I wouldn't say Ridder makes a complete 'hash' of every transfer deal. Apparently we got Chris Burke for nothing whilst Birmingham City were due to pay £150,000 to Rangers.

Then there was McCormack for £120,000 and the odd case of resigning Chopra for a notional £4m which was closer to £0 if the rumours are true, Bothroyd for £300,000 and selling MacLean for £500,000.

Ridsdale could rightly claim to have an impressive record with those deals.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:29 pm

nerd wrote:

Ridsdale brought Chopra in.
Ridsdale brought Loovens in, had to convince Jones who didn't want him initially.

Yup, I'd leave all transfers in DJ's more than capable hands.

and McPhail too I beleive :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I wouldn't say Ridder makes a complete 'hash' of every transfer deal. Apparently we got Chris Burke for nothing whilst Birmingham City were due to pay £150,000 to Rangers.

Then there was McCormack for £120,000 and the odd case of resigning Chopra for a notional £4m which was closer to £0 if the rumours are true, Bothroyd for £300,000 and selling MacLean for £500,000.

Ridsdale could rightly claim to have an impressive record with those deals.

i still laugh at that deal, how the hell we got that much for him is mad :lol:

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:41 pm

If my memory serves me correct Loovens came a year before the riddler, unless you mean ridders convinced DJ to permenantly sign him after his loan spell. Apologies if iam wrong.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:42 pm

Just give him a break for one day? - try taking a positive pill

Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Like PR says he runs the Club NO One else :lol: