Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who think's we can beat Chelsea

Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:08 am

I do judging on our performance against West Ham, if he sticks with the same back 4 and same midfield, I got a feeling Niasse will get a goal soon enough.

Chelsea like to pack their midfield and dominate on the ball however if Wolves can nullify them, I am more than positive we can, come on City :bluescarf:

Re: Who think's we can beat Chelsea

Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:20 am

Chelsea are in a bad state at the moment and cant think of a better time to play them, so we'll probably do the thing Cardiff does best and lose badly to a struggling team.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:47 pm

I hope we can ,it's about belief

Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Not sure if we can win but if we don't make any mistakes then we could be worth a draw.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:50 pm

Depends on which team turns up, the team where Hazard has to carry 10 monkeys or a team that plays us off the park. Hopefully the same turnout that played Wolves on the weekend

Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:58 pm

I just hope Warnock has the men pumped with this extra long break, we should not be afraid of any opposition, I would recommend Warnock getting all the lads around his gaff a few days before, have a takeaway, bond and watch Rocky IV - that should get the players pumped

Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:39 pm

Why not? We live in hope

Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:52 pm

Of all the “big six”, Chelsea are the ones I’d have the biggest hope of beating - especially right now.

But it would still be a huge shock and Chelsea will be overwhelming favourites obviously.

If we play like we did against Arsenal at home, for example, it could be an interesting afternoon.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:00 pm

They would have to have a mega off day for us to have any sort of a chance. Who knows, unlikely but not impossible. If I had to make a prediction, I would say Chelsea to win by 2 or 3 goals.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:18 pm

We seem to have our mojo back so who knows.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:35 pm

chelsea have been in the news, and the news reporting has really helped to manufacture a full on crisis.

the reality is that they have arguably the best player in the league, and if they win their game in hand they are a point behind spurs. they remain a top quality team.

we basically have to hope they have an off day.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:35 pm

It's perfectly possible and on average every one of the "lower" teams gets a win over one big team in a season.
It'd need a bit of thinking about and can't just be attacking like nutters. I think we'd need an extra defender / very deep midfielder to disrupt long range shooting as much as possible .

Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:09 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:It's perfectly possible and on average every one of the "lower" teams gets a win over one big team in a season.
It'd need a bit of thinking about and can't just be attacking like nutters. I think we'd need an extra defender / very deep midfielder to disrupt long range shooting as much as possible .

We need to stay in the game for 60-70 mins by parking the bus then who knows?

They could start to get frustrated and leave gaps.

Newcastle were superb in that respect against City.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:17 pm

hagleyblue wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:It's perfectly possible and on average every one of the "lower" teams gets a win over one big team in a season.

I couldn't disagree more.
If we sit back and let them have the ball we will get done 4-0.

The best way to play them is to attack them like we did West Ham.

We are just not good enough defensively both talent wise and discipline wise to hold them out for 70 mins. We probably wouldn't last 20mins in reality.

Just attack them hope for the best and go down fighting if that's the end game

Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:41 pm

Wolfpac wrote:I do judging on our performance against West Ham, if he sticks with the same back 4 and same midfield, I got a feeling Niasse will get a goal soon enough.

Chelsea like to pack their midfield and dominate on the ball however if Wolves can nullify them, I am more than positive we can, come on City :bluescarf:

2 losses and we're going down, we're shit, Warnock out, the players are a disgrace.

One win and we can beat Chelsea.

It's hard to take any of your posts seriously..

Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:11 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:I do judging on our performance against West Ham, if he sticks with the same back 4 and same midfield, I got a feeling Niasse will get a goal soon enough.

2 losses and we're going down, we're shit, Warnock out, the players are a disgrace.

Only hard? :?

Some would say nigh on impossible! ;) :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:25 pm

Let's hope hazard is injured! He's absolutely quality. But I do think we can have a go at them. But nothing too risky. If we fly up and out of shape they will hammer us on the counter.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:49 pm

hagleyblue wrote:

That's exactly right IF we can manage not to make stupid mistakes in defence

Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:53 pm

thomasblue wrote:
hagleyblue wrote:

I couldn't disagree more.
If we sit back and let them have the ball we will get done 4-0.

The best way to play them is to attack them like we did West Ham.

We are just not good enough defensively both talent wise and discipline wise to hold them out for 70 mins. We probably wouldn't last 20mins in reality.

Just attack them hope for the best and go down fighting if that's the end game

Wel you ARE right about the deficiency of the defence and that if it cracks they'll probably score a lot. On the other hand if we go for them like nutters the same will happen. West Ham were different because they went to pieces and then we were able to take advantage of that

Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:13 am

Easy.

The hardest part will be trying to get Hazard out of Peltiers back pocket at the end of the game.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:58 am

I do, def in with a chance, flying back for this one :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:39 am

nubbsy wrote:

The guys a joke of a ‘fan’.
No credibility whatsoever.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:06 am

We give most teams too much respect then allow them to assert their class. The games we have got stuck in and gone for it has yielded results so let's start every game like it's our last and get into them

Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:51 pm

My god, it scares me how quickly come people change their complete perception of the situation so quickly. Its almost like they have been watching Cardiff City for 4 or 5 games and don't know any better.

I said even during the bad run that we are capable of getting something from the Chelsea game. We need to not concede stupid goals early though. Players will be up for it and I think of the big teams to play this is the one we have a chance to get something from.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:56 pm

If we were playing them next week I'd fancy a result but i fear after the long break we'll come back cold and get turned over.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:06 pm

Hear that?,the sound of men in white coats approaches