“ The Brighton Away Fixture “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:05 am

The Brighton Away fixture will not be rearranged until after their FA cup tie with Millwall Sunday.

They have to arrange their game with us, and their away game to Chelsea. If they go through to semi final they also will have to rearrange their fixture on 7th April with spurs.

With the international break looming and champions league weeks 9th 10th April/16th 17th April. 30th April 1st May/ 8th and 9th May out of the question to top flight domestic fixtures throughout Europe due to TV rights. it doesn't leave a lot of available dates to squeeze 3 rearranged fixtures in. available weeks at present 2nd 3rd April/ 23rd 24th April unless UEFA allow games to be played champion league weeks.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ The Brighton Away Fixture “

Postby billy ronson » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:23 am

This may work in our favour with Brighton having to possibly play 3 times in a week !
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:28 am

billy ronson wrote:This may work in our favour with Brighton having to possibly play 3 times in a week !

Depends if we play them 1st or last that week? :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby TheHangedMan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:25 am

Has anyone received their ticket for the original match? I am assuming the Club have sent none out as yet as they are waiting on the date of the rearranged fixture.
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:39 am

When Cardiff City's games against Man City and Brighton could be rearranged for

CARDIFF CITY FC

Cardiff City are staring at the very real prospect of having two crucial games in the Premier League relegation run-in rearranged because of FA Cup football.

The Bluebirds' match away at Brighton and Hove Albion was due to take place this Saturday (March 16), but has been postponed with the Seagulls taking on Millwall in the cup quarter-final this weekend.

And Cardiff's clash with Man City at the Etihad Stadium, scheduled for April 6 is also likely to be rearranged.

Pep Guardiola's side play Swansea City in the FA Cup quarter — and are likely to progress (as 1/7 favourites) to the semi-finals, which are played on April 6 and 7.

Even if Brighton don't progress to the semi-finals, they're due to play Tottenham Hotspur on April 7. That means Neil Warnock's men will, in all likelihood, face two midweek fixtures in the final month of the season.

Man City's UEFA Champions League involvement further complicates the picture.

Again, they are strong favourites to beat Schalke in tonight's last 16 second leg — holding a 3-2 advantage from the first leg in Gelsenkirchen.

Champions League quarter-final dates are reserved for April 9 and 10 (first legs) and April 16 and 17, so it leaves very few dates for that Man City versus Cardiff game to be played.

International football leaves the fortnight between March 17 and March 30 unavailable for any domestic fixtures.

So with the Brighton game possibly rearranged for a midweek slot on April 2 and 3, Man City versus Cardiff may not be played until May.

Guardiola's troops have a Manchester derby against United on Wednesday April 24. The next midweek, either Tuesday April 30 or Wednesday April 1, look the most likely dates — if the Premier League champions beat Swansea this weekend of course.

Cardiff City's strange schedule

Weekend of March 16/17 — No game (Brighton postponed)

March 23/24 — No game (internationals)

March 31 - v Chelsea, Home

April 2/3 — Possible rearrangement v Brighton

April 6 — v Man City, Away (likely to be postponed)

April 13 — v Burnley, Away

April 21 — v Liverpool, Home

April 27 — v Fulham, Away

April 30/May 1 — Possible rearrangement v Man City

May 4 — v Crystal Palace, Home

May 12 — v Manchester United, Away

Despite the temptation for Bluebirds fans to wish defeat upon their South Wales rivals, a Man City victory in the FA Cup quarter-final would cause some serious fixture congestion for Cardiff.

"It’s not what you’d want really, but that’s how it’s panned out," said Warnock on his side's three-week break from action and the fixture congestion to come.

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock celebrates at the end of the West Ham match (Image: Gareth Everett/Huw Evans Agency)
"We don’t know when the rearranged games will be, so it’s a bit awkward at the minute.

"We’ve got to concentrate on ourselves and not worry about other teams. If we don’t get wins, it doesn’t matter what happens.”
Attachments
Rugby-Union-World-Cup-Stadiums.jpg
Rugby-Union-World-Cup-Stadiums.jpg (101.29 KiB) Viewed 4334 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby jimmy_rat » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Need Brighton lose so we can hopefully play them instead of Man City on 6th April.

Can see NW resting loads if we have to play Man City that midweek just before Palace at home.

Liverpool fans won't be happy! Haha! That'll be the day Man City win the league. Watch and see...
jimmy_rat

Postby epping blue » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:50 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Need Brighton lose so we can hopefully play them instead of Man City on 6th April.

Can see NW resting loads if we have to play Man City that midweek just before Palace at home.

Liverpool fans won't be happy! Haha! That'll be the day Man City win the league. Watch and see...

Brighton are scheduled to play Spurs that weekend so if their knocked out they wont be playing us anyway. I'm open minded about a Brighton win. A win and they give themselves a bit of a back log but end up with players fighting to be in the Wembley team. On balance the longer its put off may be better. They could be out of the cup but clawed their way to safety and be on the beach. Or still in the mix with the nerves getting the better of them.
epping blue

Postby Bluebina » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:37 pm

epping blue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Need Brighton lose so we can hopefully play them instead of Man City on 6th April.

Brighton are scheduled to play Spurs that weekend so if their knocked out they wont be playing us anyway. I'm open minded about a Brighton win. A win and they give themselves a bit of a back log but end up with players fighting to be in the Wembley team. On balance the longer its put off may be better. They could be out of the cup but clawed their way to safety and be on the beach. Or still in the mix with the nerves getting the better of them.

A good cup run is a disaster for a relegation battling team, it is such a distraction and as the games are so big and important they can be mentally draining.

Good luck in the cup Brighton, I hope you win on penalties after a bruising game with extra time, players injured and players sent off :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby troobloo3339 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Cant see us agreeing to the 2nd of april as we play chelsea on sunday the 31st march so its likely to be the 3rd
troobloo3339

Postby Gaynor Straight » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:13 am

Shame that another game can't be brought forward to this weekend to free up a weekend next month.
Gaynor Straight

Return to General Chat