Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WBA MANAGER SEARCH LATEST

Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:03 am

WBA MANAGER SEARCH LATEST

12/03/19

West Bromwich Albion have today held initial discussions with the representatives of Slavisa Jokanovic, who is the leading candidate to take over at the Hawthorns, though there is now unlikely to be a new manager in place for when Albion play Swansea on Wednesday night, Sky Sports News understands.

The former Fulham and Watford boss has yet to meet directly with the Albion board - Chief Executive Mark Jenkins won’t return from China until tomorrow night, after he went for talks with the club’s owner, Guaochan Lai.

And West Brom are yet to finally rule out a number of other candidates - we have learned this evening that they did approach David Wagner for talks, but he responded by saying he was unable to take a new job until the summer, because of the terms of his departure from Huddersfield.

Re: WBA MANAGER SEARCH LATEST

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:WBA MANAGER SEARCH LATEST

12/03/19

West Bromwich Albion have today held initial discussions with the representatives of Slavisa Jokanovic, who is the leading candidate to take over at the Hawthorns, though there is now unlikely to be a new manager in place for when Albion play Swansea on Wednesday night, Sky Sports News understands.

The former Fulham and Watford boss has yet to meet directly with the Albion board - Chief Executive Mark Jenkins won’t return from China until tomorrow night, after he went for talks with the club’s owner, Guaochan Lai.

And West Brom are yet to finally rule out a number of other candidates - we have learned this evening that they did approach David Wagner for talks, but he responded by saying he was unable to take a new job until the summer, because of the terms of his departure from Huddersfield.

I cant believe a club in West Broms position in the play offs can sack a manager at this stage of a season without a replacement already in place. I thought they would make a announcement straight away.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:27 am

thomasblue wrote:

12/03/19

I cant believe a club in West Broms position in the play offs can sack a manager at this stage of a season without a replacement already in place. I thought they would make a announcement straight away.

They've really shot themselves in the foot

Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:13 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

12/03/19

Or we're missing something...? :?

Agree that it would be very surprising if they didn't have a very good reason to get rid of a popular and achieving manager without having a 'ready agreed' replacement in place

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:41 pm

Sven wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

12/03/19

Or we're missing something...? :?

Agree that it would be very surprising if they didn't have a very good reason to get rid of a popular and achieving manager without having a 'ready agreed' replacement in place

Yeah you could be right, something not right with the situation.
It'll all come to light soon.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:44 pm

A load of our fans completely lost their sh1t after 2 home defeats against two teams higher in the league than us.

WBA haven't won a league game at home since boxing day. Imagine that was us :lol:

Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:11 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

12/03/19

I agree with both you, madness.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:A load of our fans completely lost their sh1t after 2 home defeats against two teams higher in the league than us.

WBA haven't won a league game at home since boxing day. Imagine that was us :lol:

But look at the manner of those defeats, i doubt the reactions would have been so bad if the defeats weren't so humiliating