Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ian Holloway's blunt verdict on Swansea City, Huw Jenkins an

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:33 pm

Ian Holloway's blunt verdict on Swansea City, Huw Jenkins and the American owners

Tuesday 12th March 2019

Ian Holloway believes Swansea City's American owners lack the passion showed by former chairman Huw Jenkins.

Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien took control of the club in 2016 but have overseen a period that saw Swansea battle relegation before ultimately falling out of the Premier League.

Since dropping into the Championship, tensions have continued to rise following a pair of transfer windows in which several key players left the Liberty Stadium, with Graham Potter unable to sufficiently replace those who have departed.

Following the January transfer window, Jenkins resigned from his post as chairman of the club.

And Holloway - who is now working as a pundit after leaving Queens Park Rangers last year - believes Jenkins lost control at the club following the arrival of the Americans, adding that the Swans' current squad is too thin.

“The squad isn’t strong enough," Holloway told Football League World.

“They’re in a bit of a strange scenario really. They will be fine enough because I think they have been quite well run and I feel sorry for Huw Jenkins because he’d done a brilliant job.

Former QPR boss Ian Holloway
“I know that might stir up some but I don’t feel those that came into the club had the same oomph about them as he did.

“He lost a bit of control and I don’t think it’s worked since that happened.

“He did brilliantly for the club but they’ve got some good things in place, they’ve got a good manager who plays in the style they want to play and hopefully they’ll be back in the Premier League in the future – but I don’t think so at the end of this season.”