Championship player says he turned Cardiff City down

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:36 pm

BOWEN TURNED DOWN BLUEBIRDS

Sky Sports

13/03/19

Hull City top scorer Jarrod Bowen has told the Daily Mail he turned down an approach from Cardiff City during the January transfer window.

It is believed the £12m bid came while Emiliano Sala was still missing, having disappeared along with pilot David Ibbotson in a light aircraft over the English Channel on January 21.

However, with the tragic circumstances still unfolding Bowen said the move didn’t sit well with him.

“The whole situation was very uncomfortable. Of course, it was nothing to do with how I view Cardiff as a club, and any player will tell you it's their dream to play in the Premier League," explained Bowen.

'But the whole story around Sala was just so tragic. I know it caused a lot of shock and upset in our dressing-room at Hull, and I am sure it was the same around the country.
Attachments
skysports-jarrod-bowen-hull_4542578.jpg
skysports-jarrod-bowen-hull_4542578.jpg (28.53 KiB) Viewed 4229 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Championship player says he turned Cardiff City down

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:52 pm

Hull City star Jarrod Bowen rejected £12million Cardiff City move due to 'uncomfortable' Emiliano Sala situation

Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with him in the past

13 MAR 2019

Jarrod Bowen was the subject of a Cardiff City bid (Image: 2018 Getty Images)
Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with him in the past

Hull City star Jarrod Bowen has revealed he turned down a January move to Cardiff City because it felt "very uncomfortable" after the tragic disappearance and subsequent death of Emiliano Sala.

Bowen was the subject of a £12million Bluebirds bid near the deadline and has revealed how he agonised over whether to accept the offer.

Although it remains his dream to play in the Premier League, the 22-year-old — who has also been linked with Tottenham Hotspur — said the move "felt wrong".

He has told the Daily Mail how he decided to remain with play-off chasing Hull until the end of the season.

"The whole situation was very uncomfortable," said Bowen.

"Of course, it was nothing to do with how I view Cardiff as a club, and any player will tell you it's their dream to play in the Premier League.

Jarrod Bowen of Hull City should be on Cardiff's wanted list

"But the whole story around Sala was just so tragic."

The bid came in while Sala was still missing, having disappeared along with pilot David Ibbotson in a light Piper Malibu aircraft over the English Channel on January 21.

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock revealed after deadline day that some players didn't want to join the club and 'replace' Sala, the Argentine striker whose body was then found on February 8 when his death was confirmed.

Bowen admitted he was one of those players, adding: "I know it caused a lot of shock and upset in our dressing-room at Hull, and I am sure it was the same around the country.

"To join Cardiff knowing that he was meant to play for them would have been incredibly difficult and not something that filled me with any enthusiasm.

"Of course, any transfer would have needed Hull's approval in any case, but from my personal point of view it was never a starter, not under those circumstances. It just felt wrong.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:57 am

This is a real shame. The boy looks a great talent and I would've loved to have seen him in a City shirt.
Perhaps we can get him in the summer even if we do go down :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:57 am

He's basically said timing was wrong. Basically sign me in the summer
bluebird7291

Postby epping blue » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:38 am

bluebird7291 wrote:He's basically said timing was wrong. Basically sign me in the summer

I think he basically said he wouldn't feel comfortable stepping into a dead mans shoes even for the gold schilling that would have surely gone his way. I say good on the man, you get the feeling there were those involved in this that would have put their mother on the flight for a million quid.
epping blue

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:06 am

Seems reasonable to me. It's be a shitty time and i can understand why a forward would struggle with coming in on those circumstances
welshrarebit

Return to General Chat