Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Good Luck to Gatts and the Boys

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:07 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
dogfound wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Awesome sport. Cardiff and Wales can draw some comparisons. Great heart and passion. And better collectively then as a bunch of 'individuals'.

A great game. And sporting spectacle. Those who ignore rugby are missing out. It's exciting. Cheers Wales on...

p-layer a receives a 4mm pass from player b {| more often than not its an ignored forward pass } then runs directly into an opponent. at this point 3/4 from each team dive in pushing shoving off the ball { sometimes a pen offence others not a pen } the ball is invisible to us spectators, and the commentary team give no insight or comment until the ref makes his guess and calls a turn over or penalty which they all then agree with. I watched half an hour but saw the ball for about 5 mins... awesome ?

it really needs less fit less mobile packs or a reduction of players.

I know. How about 11 players? A round ball? Maybe kick it, no hand? Score by getting it between the posts?

Jesus. All sports are different. Exciting in their own ways. Its what makes sport great.

being able to see the ball more would be a start.
but there are too many to list. and the big clue is the pundits, do they talk about was it a pen or a turn over NO..they do not know, we do not know, the players do not know and the ref takes a stab at it that everyones happy to go along with..
stopping 3 guys lifting another 5foot in the air waving him around and denying its lifting { its supporting } is another.
really ? a 18 stone bloke can propel himself 5foot directly up from a standing start...waw..i used to watch quite a bit but over the years its akin to a pissup version of wrestling.as long as theres a load of huge blokes crashing into each other no one cares