Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: NEW REVELATION AS EMILIANO SALA TRANSFER SAGA RUMBLES ON

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:47 am

bluesince62 wrote:And I thought the virus had gone :?: you know nothing more than most common folk,stop pretending you do,to get you're attention fix,you so obviously crave :banghead: let me say something I know for definite, the inventors of a certain sport,blew a 31 point advantage today :oops: and the littlest nation (you know who we are :laughing6: )recorded a grand slam(again) :occasion5: :old: :bluebird:

A. I've been here longer than you.

B. Correct and haven't professed any different and haven't pretended to either.

C.No interest in egg chasing as Never have and never will, although did enjoy watching the World Cup finals England participated in especially the time they won.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:28 am

Daya do u wake up in the morning and read the shit u post when u are pissed and think what a prick I am. Probably not as u no u are a first class ptick

Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:55 am

bluesince62 wrote:And I thought the virus had gone :?: you know nothing more than most common folk,stop pretending you do,to get you're attention fix,you so obviously crave :banghead: let me say something I know for definite, the inventors of a certain sport,blew a 31 point advantage today :oops: and the littlest nation (you know who we are :laughing6: )recorded a grand slam(again) :occasion5: :old: :bluebird:

What relevance has this got to this thread take this comment somewhere else :roll:

Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:05 am

nins27 wrote:Daya do u wake up in the morning and read the shit u post when u are pissed and think what a prick I am. Probably not as u no u are a first class ptick

Phillip, try stringing a decent sentence together firstly if you wish to enter a debate. Same time try some education lessons and then come back and make comments on posts you may understand.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:08 am

since64 wrote:

What relevance has this got to this thread take this comment somewhere else :roll:

Couldn't agree more, rumour has it he has a drink problem and judging by his post he was pissed as a fart whilst typing it and following egg chasing all day!

Bloody piss heads, although I bet he puts it down to Hi Jinx :lol:

Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:36 am

Daya wrote:
nins27 wrote:Daya do u wake up in the morning and read the shit u post when u are pissed and think what a prick I am. Probably not as u no u are a first class ptick[/quote

Phillip, try stringing a decent sentence together firstly if you wish to enter a debate. Same time try some education lessons and then come back and make comments on posts you may understand.

Thing is I suffer with dyslexia so I try my best Days to put over My point . U might have good grama buy u talk a lot off shit .

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:04 am

nins27 wrote:
Daya wrote:
nins27 wrote:Daya do u wake up in the morning and read the shit u post when u are pissed and think what a prick I am. Probably not as u no u are a first class ptick[/quote

Thing is I suffer with dyslexia so I try my best Days to put over My point . U might have good grama buy u talk a lot off shit .

Nothing to be ashamed of some of the greatest are dyslexic including my own daughter so thank you for the explantation. Although your grammar looks word perfect on your Facebook page and profile, so maybe you take more time on there instead of ranting?

As for your viewpoint you are entitled to your opinion.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:23 am

Daya wrote:
nins27 wrote:
Daya wrote:

Nothing to be ashamed of some of the greatest are dyslexic including my own daughter so thank you for the explantation. Although your grammar looks word perfect on your Facebook page and profile, so maybe you take more time on there instead of ranting?

IV not said I'm s shamed I was pointing out to you because u was taking the piss out of me with out knowing that I'm dyslexic but u would not have none that , that's one thing I hate on this site op taking the piss out of others because of grama or spelling with out nowing the facts

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:06 pm

nins27 wrote:
Daya wrote:
nins27 wrote:
Daya wrote:

I wasn't taking the piss far from it, I questioned your actual statements to which quite frankly were bollocks however spelt.

IV not said I'm s shamed I was pointing out to you because u was taking the piss out of me with out knowing that I'm dyslexic but u would not have none that , that's one thing I hate on this site op taking the piss out of others because of grama or spelling with out nowing the facts

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:21 pm

Seems like post are being taken down FFS admin

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:21 pm

Why oh why are you answering this clown? It's just ammunition for him to keep peddling his trash.

PS. Don't bother replying Days as your ' I have been here longer than you ' bull doesn't wash so get back to your Iron's playground.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:27 pm

As harsh as it sounds, if you put your business hat on and the paperwork wasn’t correct and the insurance is void then am afraid you don’t pay the money. It might well sound wrong and without doubt it’s a sensitive subject but that is what most would do.

Once the full facts are finalised a decision will be made, until then am fully behind city doing what’s right for our club. Personally I don’t think we will end up paying anything other than maybe a good will gesture payment.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:34 pm

JulesK wrote:Why oh why are you answering this clown? It's just ammunition for him to keep peddling his trash.

PS. Don't bother replying Days as your ' I have been here longer than you ' bull doesn't wash so get back to your Iron's playground.

Yes u are so true about feeding the troll

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:32 pm

nins27 wrote:
JulesK wrote:Why oh why are you answering this clown? It's just ammunition for him to keep peddling his trash.

Yes u are so true about feeding the troll

Go and sniff the glue Phillip as clearly you have been all day.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:34 pm

I don't reply to you but well done for noticing, there's no point as your aren't capable of answering questions or entering a debate. :wave:

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:55 pm

Daya wrote:
since64 wrote:

Couldn't agree more, rumour has it he has a drink problem and judging by his post he was pissed as a fart whilst typing it and following egg chasing all day!

Bloody piss heads, although I bet he puts it down to Hi Jinx :lol:

Pot,kettle and black springs to mind :laughing5: I'll pass nothing on as hi jinx you idiot, and only once have I posted completely pissed (recent event,and apologised for,so done subject ya worm :thumbup: and I watched the devils too for my sins,I have an affinity with all things welsh,and don't care either,I aimed the rugby comment,because you had said we wouldn't win that,and "after all your welsh" comment,just thought I would inform you that we did,don't pretend you missed it either :sleepy2: and as for relevance police above :sleepy2: my post was aimed at him alone,if you don't like it,ignore it,no need for your rolling eyes emoji,he thinks I'm a piss head, I think he's a little fat t@@t,opinions eh :laughing5: :laughing5:

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:39 am

castleblue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Whatever the reason why this transfer was not completed, and I still believe it surrounds the ITC not being issued, before the tragic death of Emiliano Sala it is going to become increasingly difficult for the club to maintain this "Not Contractually Obliged" to make payment for the player because you only have to ask one question. Why was Emiliano Sala on that plane?

The answer is simple it was because Cardiff City and Nantes FC had agreed a fee for the transfer of the player and the player himself had agreed terms with Cardiff City. Therein lies the "Moral Obligation" and I believe eventually both clubs will come to an agreement about who pays what and if they cannot reach agreement then either FIFA or the CAS will make the decision.

Having said that I still believe that Cardiff City are not the bad guys in all this because it is clear that the club had attempted to arrange a commercial flight for the player but "He" decided to go with the flight offered by the agent acting on behalf of Nantes FC.We now know that whilst the plane used was capable of making the flight the pilot was not trained to make the flight and did not have the licence required either. Is that Cardiff City fault?

This is why Cardiff City are absolutely right to say let's wait until we get the FULL report into this accident before making any decision on making any payments.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

TBH we all know why ES was on the plane but I don't think that is materially important. This comes down to contract law which has six basic elements which form a legally binding contract.

(1) offer (2) acceptance (3) consideration (4) mutuality of obligation (5) competency and capacity and in certain circumstances (6) a written instrument.

Almost certainly (1), (2) and (5) were in place.

It is consideration, mutuality of obligation and possibly a written instrument which is where the contract may not be legally binding.

Consideration is something of value and is exchanged for the performance or a promise of performance by the other party. In this case it was ES (a player) exchanged for £15m so the something of value (ES) must be delivered in tact and able to perform as was promised under the terms of the contract. Unfortunately he wasn't because he died in transit.

Mutuality of Obligation means both parties are bound to perform their obligations or the law will treat the agreement as if neither party is bound to perform. This is similar to consideration and means unless Nantes transferred ES to CCFC in tact and he was able to perform as under the terms of the contract then CCFC is not bound to pay Nantes £15m.

The written instrument in this case revolves around whether the contract was completed. To complete the contract we needed to register the player. It is technical but we all know if we buy a house, car or land we need to transfer the registration before we become the legal owners.

Until a contract is finalised both parties have the right to withdraw. In theory even though ES was flying to Cardiff the club could have still pulled out of the deal because the paperwork sent to the PL was not properly completed and therefore no contract existed. Almost certainly this will affect whether our insurers will pay out and TBH they seem to have good reason not to as technically their was no legally binding contract between CCFC and Nantes at the time of ES death.

Good read that Tony and is a super explanation of why Cardiff City shouldn't pay a penny to Nantes because I believe that an ITC had not been issued and receipt confirmed by the FA, until that had happened the transfer could not be completed. Cardiff City mat have announced the signing of ES but the official statement did carry the caveat "Subject To International Clearance"

I have been lucky enough to see transfer documentation and where it involves a player moving between different National Associations the contract ALWAYS contains a clause "Subject to receipt of an International Transfer Certificate". In fact, unless we sign a player attached to a Welsh club (Except Swansea & Newport) ALL transfers our club is involved with require an ITC.

My gut instinct here is that our club may very well agree some sort of payment here, but not the full £15m, and I think they may very well offer such payment to the estate of ES and not Nantes FC.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thanks Castle it would be a comprise I could live with and I would certainly prefer to see any payment go to EA's family rather than to those greedy parasites like Willie McKay.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:57 am

Daya wrote:
Couple of points here Tony

You Say "the club could have still pulled out of the deal because the paperwork sent to the PL was not properly completed and therefore no contract existed."

Is it not the case the contract between the clubs was completed and signed?

Is it not the case he was registered as a Cardiff player with the FAW which means he was now owned by Cardiff City ?

Is it not the case the registration with the premier league is to allow the player to play in the premier league?

You say " Almost certainly this will affect whether our insurers will pay out"

Is it also not the case that your insurers will not pay out as there was inadequate cover on your new asset which wouldn't cover the loss fully ?

Daya sorry mate but your points raised show your ignorance of contract law. As explained above there are several aspects to a contract before it becomes legally binding. The signature alone is not enough. The consideration (which in this case was ES) has to arrive in good order and be available to the buyer CCFC as sold from day one of the contract which was when the player was fully registered with the PL. Until then he remind a Nantes player as they held his registration.

It also appears Nantes have made mistakes with their paperwork.

Therefore there was no legally binding contract between CCFC and Nantes at the time of his death. Up until a contract becomes binding either side has an option to withdraw from the deal.

The ITC with the FAW was only one part of his registration and on it's own it does-not constitute a full registration. The club needs an ITC before it can move onto registration with the PL. Until all aspects of a contract are in place then it is not legally binding and simply pointing to one aspect and claiming that is evidence that a contract did exist is flawed logic and would not be recognised in law. Hence our insurance would be invalid as it would only cover players registered with CCFC.