Game in hand

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Game in hand

Postby thomasblue » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:37 am

The way the fixtures and postponement have worked out if Brighton win today we will be playing only 1 game in 5 weeks.

That means by the time we play Burnley we they will have played 2 games more than us (Wolves & Bournemouth).

Southampton would have played 1 more than us (Brighton & Liverpool)

So we could be up to 8 points behind them with all the pressure.
Or possibly 2 behind with 2 games in hand .

I think the latter is more likely and given those are there only really winnable games I think this could well end up working in our favour
thomasblue

Game in hand

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Game in hand

Postby Don Keydick » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:12 am

thomasblue wrote:The way the fixtures and postponement have worked out if Brighton win today we will be playing only 1 game in 5 weeks.

That means by the time we play Burnley we they will have played 2 games more than us (Wolves & Bournemouth).

Southampton would have played 1 more than us (Brighton & Liverpool)

So we could be up to 8 points behind them with all the pressure.
Or possibly 2 behind with 2 games in hand .

I think the latter is more likely and given those are there only really winnable games I think this could well end up working in our favour

I really hope Brighton win today. They are probably safe in the league, so with our game in hand with them more than likely being in midweek. With them involved in the cup they could well have that on their minds, and wont want to risk injury as none of them would want to miss cup semi final. They could also rest some key players.
Realistically, we have targeted that game, and the games with Palace and Fulham as games we could pick up the points to survive. And of course, Burnley is a massive game for both sides. Our games against the top 6 clubs look like lost causes on paper, but if we could pick something up from these, what a bonus.
Who knows, play like we did against the Hammers and we could survive.
Don Keydick

Re: Game in hand

Postby luxy1970 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:42 am

This all depends if the game is re-arranged or not on a date before the semi final
luxy1970

Return to General Chat