Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Bretix march from Sunderland

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:34 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Another leave campaign found doing something illegal :roll: . Think we can all agree that 'democracy is dead' if this is allowed to stand without another vote.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47623413

cant be much wood left to scrape at the bottom of this barrel.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:Another leave campaign found doing something illegal :roll: . Think we can all agree that 'democracy is dead' if this is allowed to stand without another vote.

Wow, nearly 200k nuisance texts out of nearly 17.5m people who voted out. Democracy must be dead.

Not the first time leave have broken the law, doubt it'll be the last time. Surprises me that people on here think that seeing if people have changed their mind after nearly 3 years is undemocratic, Bercow making sure British law isn't broken is bad, but one side breaking the law multiple times is perfectly fine. Seems to be that obeying the law is only important when it's for 'your' side.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:04 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Wow, nearly 200k nuisance texts out of nearly 17.5m people who voted out. Democracy must be dead.

Not the first time leave have broken the law, doubt it'll be the last time. Surprises me that people on here think that seeing if people have changed their mind after nearly 3 years is undemocratic, Bercow making sure British law isn't broken is bad, but one side breaking the law multiple times is perfectly fine. Seems to be that obeying the law is only important when it's for 'your' side.

I know for a fact a remain campaigner run a speed camera while delivering leaflets.. 1 all.

petty or what .

Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:28 pm

So we have Wayne counting the press, Bluegog plagiarising Will Self, and someone complaining about nuisance texts.

You boys need some help..

Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:44 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Clever of him finding a law from the 1600's. I expect the next one will be carved into an old rock from the days of cavemen.
I always thought the taxpayers funding the brochures delivered to every household saying why we should vote remain was undemocratic. If I remember correctly the government spent over £9m of our money on these brochures, so Brexiteers in effect had to play their part in subsidising the remain campaign.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:08 pm

rumpo kid wrote:So we have Wayne counting the press, Bluegog plagiarising Will Self, and someone complaining about nuisance texts.

:laughing6:

Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:26 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Clever of him finding a law from the 1600's. I expect the next one will be carved into an old rock from the days of cavemen.
I always thought the taxpayers funding the brochures delivered to every household saying why we should vote remain was undemocratic. If I remember correctly the government spent over £9m of our money on these brochures, so Brexiteers in effect had to play their part in subsidising the remain campaign.

Did sending the brochures break the law though?
Doesn't matter how old a current law is, people wanted Brexit so that they could 'take back control' with their laws and now they're the ones who are complaining about British laws. Out of curiosity what year would you have so that any laws before then were invalid?

Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:52 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Doesn't matter how old a current law is, people wanted Brexit so that they could 'take back control' with their laws and now they're the ones who are complaining about British laws. Out of curiosity what year would you have so that any laws before then were invalid?

Did not break any law, just completely unethical that every household in the country receives a pro EU brochure paid for by everyone, even those who despise everything the EU stands for. No idea as to what year, but I would suggest that things have moved on a long way since the gunpowder plot, which is roughly where this law dates back to.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:13 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Did not break any law, just completely unethical that every household in the country receives a pro EU brochure paid for by everyone, even those who despise everything the EU stands for. No idea as to what year, but I would suggest that things have moved on a long way since the gunpowder plot, which is roughly where this law dates back to.

Not to mention the hugely significant in balance in air time given to the respective sides of the campaign. I accept that was inevitable given that 95% of the establishment were and continue to be in favour of remain. Was it right that people such as George Osbourne were able to peddle his personal preferences from positions of such influence. His " predictions " have proved so wide of the mark you have to question his competence.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:54 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Her deal a few weeks ago got the biggest parliament rejection in 100 years so I doubt it would've suddenly changed.
My personal opinion is that they should just say that things aren't looking great ( they're stockpiling medicine in case of a no deal), second referendum in a weeks time with remain/ leave and a question on how to leave if it won ( no deal or whatever her deal will be)
Or
Stop brexit for now until they know what they're doing then say
Remain or leave with this deal.
Lower the voting age to 16 and say that if it's 52-48 in remains side we can edit our arrangement with the EU or something

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:36 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Her deal a few weeks ago got the biggest parliament rejection in 100 years so I doubt it would've suddenly changed.
My personal opinion is that they should just say that things aren't looking great ( they're stockpiling medicine in case of a no deal), second referendum in a weeks time with remain/ leave and a question on how to leave if it won ( no deal or whatever her deal will be)
Or
Lower the voting age to 16 and say that if it's 52-48 in remains side we can edit our arrangement with the EU or something

So basically try and float the odds in remains favour as much as possible in order to win.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:50 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Out of curiosity what year would you have so that any laws before then were invalid?

1911 works pretty well :thumbup:

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:27 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Or

you do realise that there are also stock piles of UK produced medicines in the EU...

along with stockpiles of thousands of other varied things manufactured in the UK ?

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:42 pm

BlueGog wrote:
epping blue wrote:
BlueGog wrote:I think this kind of sums it all up - sing to the tune of Blaydon Races.
:old: :old:

I voted to leave and I may take part in the march. Are you labelling me racist ?

I'm certainly not calling you racist, I don't know you, but what I will say is that every racist in the country did vote leave.

Every racist voted for Brexit ? Well adianne Abbott is the biggest racist out there and she voted remain. Come to think about it the far left are the racist ones and more traits of being fascists than anyone.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:40 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Or

why 16, if your going to let school children vote, let them all vote.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:10 am

dogfound wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Or

Scottish 16 year olds can vote already so seen as it'll affect 16 year olds they should probably be allowed a say

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:10 am

dogfound wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Or

Is there any point in voting for anything ever again?

Probably not..

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:23 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Or

I’m not voting again ,I voted leave and I expect us to leave. What i would like to see is May ,Cameron ,Blair ,Abbot and Corbyn all hanging by their necks from a lamppost.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:27 am

Lol

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:32 am

rumpo kid wrote:So we have Wayne counting the press, Bluegog plagiarising Will Self, and someone complaining about nuisance texts.

Spot on