Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: John Berkow stopping the Brexit vote.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
epping blue wrote:
ffs wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ffs wrote:Funny how there's allowed to be 2+ votes on her deal however we are only allowed one on Leave or Remain

So you want anothet vote so that So you can vote remain again? Then if you win thats final referendum because people said no? : what happened to 1st vote it was just a test run? :laughing6: as for parliament voting twice thats what it does all the time just depends on what it is?

The elderly and weak, easily led people had the wool pulled over their eyes by the rich elites for the first vote. Now everyone knows what they are voting for it will be a far more genuine result

I was lied too. 95% of the establishment, political leaders past and present, leaders of financial institutions almost without exception stood up and told me of the financial armageddon that would immediately ensue should we vote to leave. Well despite their promises of doom, we're 3 years on and its pretty where we were.

That despite government as a whole being determined to thwart the democratic vote of the people. Where could we be now if they really had excepted the result, stopped talking down the economy and got on with it.

Lets be honest, they were finger in the air predictions to suit their individual positions and in many cases a serious abuse of their positions of influence.

They also forecast soaring unemployment and our FTSE crashing. A bit out with that prediction, particularly with today's news of the number of people now in employment and the lowest unemployment figures since just before we joined the Common Market. A coincidence I'm sure, but if things were the other way around, the remainers would most certainly blame Brexit. Odd that the remainers never mention employment figures or the recent highs of our stock market, wages rising quicker than inflation etc., and they all appear to have forgotten Osborne's emergency budget which never happened despite being needed to prevent our economy from collapsing. Difficult to work out which side told the biggest pack of lies, not much between them I suspect.

Steve the trouble is mps have no respect for the people they represent? And yes they should have just got on with it and none of this nonsense would be happening , there will be hard times for a bit but the status quo will prevail and we will be better off than the being tied up like a kipper by the EU . :old:

There will be some hard times for sure, but it's not as if we are not used to them. Our whole financial system was in a mess not so long ago, but way before Brexit was invented. Big banks going bankrupt, years of austerity, and none of that could be blamed on Brexit. Just as well it happened when it did, if that had taken place in the last couple of years the Remainers would have been in their oils.

What is strange about brexiteers is that there are lots of super successfully businessmen who support it like ratcliff uks richest man and sir fortè plus others why if it was bad for uk do they support leave? Prefer to think they know more about leaving EU than selfish mps acting for themselves and nor the voters. :thumbup:

You've got yo be kidding me...you trust the ultra rich more than MPs?? Out of all the shit you've spouted this has got to be the worst. You do realise ratcliffe has announced he's LEAVING the UK to go to a tax haven right? Farage? Gone. Mps and the ultra rich are exactly the same. f**k the rest over for their own self interests.

Would love to see a second referendum considering the first one was only an advisory referendum. Christ this country has gone to shit.