Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marijuana Legalisation

You may select 1 option

View results

Marijuana Legalisation

Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:22 pm

O/T
I have been having conversations with several of my friends / work colleagues and I was wondering what peoples thoughts were.

Should weed be legal in the UK?

Re: Marijuana Legalisation

Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:33 pm

it stinks

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:02 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/2313135.stm

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:13 pm

Making canbabis legal in the UK is no brainier
It would have a positively large impact on the British economy as it has with Canada etc.

Cannabis is a good thing and has many great benefits not just economical but health wise as well.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 pm

100%.

Not much of an argument against it.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:44 pm

I agree gents.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:15 pm

I have no problem with it, if its sold legally and taxed then it can have a huge impact on the economy just like whats happened in American states and other countries that have legalised it.
The way i see it is if you work and pay you way then what you put into your body in your free time is up to you as long as its not hurting someone else.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:56 pm

Nothing against someone smoking it and I would as well, but for the health risks. So I'd say only on prescription. Mainly because it is carcinagenic. We don't want youngsters smoking pot and not appreciating this fact. How much it links to lung cancer is arguable. But smoking anything is no good for you.

If tobacco was illegal at present, then similarly I would not want it legalised cos of health risks.I have a friend in hospital at present who is prob going to lose his leg (below the knee) through diabetes and continued smoking.I have 3 others all heavy smokers- one died at 53 from a heart attack and the other 2 had heart attacks in their early 50s all linked to heavy smoking.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Lengee wrote:Nothing against someone smoking it and I would as well, but for the health risks. So I'd say only on prescription. Mainly because it is carcinagenic. We don't want youngsters smoking pot and not appreciating this fact. How much it links to lung cancer is arguable. But smoking anything is no good for you.

If tobacco was illegal at present, then similarly I would not want it legalised cos of health risks.I have a friend in hospital at present who is prob going to lose his leg (below the knee) through diabetes and continued smoking.I have 3 others all heavy smokers- one died at 53 from a heart attack and the other 2 had heart attacks in their early 50s all linked to heavy smoking.

Youngsters get it now anyway, you'd be surprised how easy it is to get weed now, at least it could be monitored better if it was sold legally from establishments.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:11 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:
Lengee wrote:Nothing against someone smoking it and I would as well, but for the health risks. So I'd say only on prescription. Mainly because it is carcinagenic. We don't want youngsters smoking pot and not appreciating this fact. How much it links to lung cancer is arguable. But smoking anything is no good for you.

Youngsters get it now anyway, you'd be surprised how easy it is to get weed now, at least it could be monitored better if it was sold legally from establishments.

We agree on this point. I've know boys to smoke it from a young age 13 - 14 and still do now. So many people grow and sell it you can get hold of it by standing the street pretty much.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:22 pm

dogfound wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/2313135.stm

brad successfully argued in front of magistrates that its acceptable to use cannabis for medical reasons.
did not stop the OB arresting him for it again though..

love the old Cardiff top.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:it stinks

That's my issue to be honest.

I lived next door to someone who smoked weed for a period of time and a pleasant experience it wasn't. The stuff absolutely reeks, no getting away from it, it would filter into our house and the summer was a nightmare, even worse when you have kids.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:46 pm

I've been living in Vancouver for the past 3 years, when I first arrived it was decriminalized where you could smoke it on the street and not be arrested just not grow it or sell it yourself. They have held legal 4:20 festivals here every year as well.

Then since it got made legal recently we all had information leaflets where you can grow up to 4 plants at a time in your own home, again you can't sell it.

I don't smoke it myself but the feedback seems to be even though it's slightly more expensive its very good quality, it has to be or people would just go back to using their contacts to buy it.

Seems nothing but positive here, no legal issues or crime issues from it and it gives a massive boost to the economy and beneficial to certain health needs. If nicotine and alcohol are to remain legal there is absolutely no reason for this to be legal as well

Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:10 am

I thought it was legal

Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:33 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:I thought it was legal

They don't bother arresting anymore as its a complete waste of time as they only give you a slap on the wrists.

Pretty much legal and most of the people I know smoke it openly walking around the streets.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:27 am

There's also evidence to suggest that it's good for lung health if used on it's own (not mixed with tobacco)

Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:28 am

DexterMorgan wrote:

There's also evidence to suggest that it's good for lung health if used on it's own (not mixed with tobacco)

Yep, it is known to kill cancer cells, so the complete opposite. its the Tobacco that's carcinogenic.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:54 am

After reading this thread, i can't wait til it's 4:20 :mrgreen: