Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bale, Giggs, Rambo etc. For me they were wrong

Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:43 pm

Stayed in Manchester for the weekend as a family break, ended up doing man city stadium tour Sunday and old Trafford yesterday, as we pulled into ot we noticed in some distance a team leaving the football hotel and boarding a coach, so we went to have a nose and the media guy told us it was bale and the Welsh team, he said they were due back around 1pm.

We did the tour and decided to wait around for them, 4 kids two of which are 6 years old plus my 4 and 8 year old nephews, it was freezing cold but these players are their idols and they wanted to wait.

Anyway nearly 2 hours later the coach pulls in, there was less than 20 people there, Giggs came straight off coach and didn't even look at the fans followed by a few players, Bale came out and signed my Welsh top of which I am greatful for but my wife asked him to have a photo with the kids and his words were "no it's raining" the boys were gutted. Rambo also walked passed everyone and didn't even sign autographs, I was also stood there with my city jacket on.

Fair play to Osian Roberts, Joe Allen and Conor Roberts for having photos with my kids.

I was left fuming, if there was 100s there or if they were heading into a game i would fully understand, however there was hardly anyone there.

I'm not sure if it's me that's in the wrong for expecting these players to acknowledge fans or what.

Rant over for now

Re: Bale, Giggs, Rambo etc. For me they were wrong

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:59 pm

Thats disgraceful, game or not they could have obliged, as an example I took my daughter to the Bournemouth match and saw Nathaniel Mendez-Laing walking up into the media box, we hung round in the concourse for 10mins or so and as he came back out I asked him for a photo, he obliged, kick off was around 40 minutes away but he still found a few seconds for this picture

F5A268A9-A265-4E98-B044-638F6DAB0504.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Shocking.

I stood outside our stadium with my lad before Spurs game waiting for autographs. 3 bloody hours in the drizzle! Couldn't fault our players. Morrison, Etheridge and especially Paterson must've been walking round the crowd for an hour! Top pros.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:43 pm

Not good enough from them, like you say it wouldn’t have been too difficult for them.

Fortunately I don’t think Warnock would let our players behave like that.

You see it on Sky every weekend, top players walking straight past fans with headphones on.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:02 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Shocking.

I stood outside our stadium with my lad before Spurs game waiting for autographs. 3 bloody hours in the drizzle! Couldn't fault our players. Morrison, Etheridge and especially Paterson must've been walking round the crowd for an hour! Top pros.

Patterson is magnificently nice human being. Hope he stays with us for a long time as he will end up going down as a fans favorite and city legend up their with his fellow recent jock SuperKev :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:19 pm

phildavies wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Shocking.

Patterson is magnificently nice human being. Hope he stays with us for a long time as he will end up going down as a fans favorite and city legend up their with his fellow recent jock SuperKev :ayatollah:

Agree. He was great. My lad's favourite player (it's the Fortnite dances). So they had a good chat and photo. And must've done the same thing a hundred times, not once refused or looked annoyed!

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:56 pm

I've never had any issues waiting for players before games, my 6 year old boy has had many photos with them over the passed few seasons

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:59 pm

I used to do a lot of work around Ninian Park for TV broadcasts and met a good few of the players at the time. I have to say that Ian Rush and Neville Southall were a bit on the ignorant side, but the nicest one I met was Bobby Moore, what a gent, and an England captain that you had to respect. Had good chats to Graeme Souness, and Denis Law amoung others and they were both willing to talk to people. It doesn't cost much for a photo with the kids, they ought to be ashamed.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:07 pm

My son was involved in a football training day in which Southall was involved and he seemed really shy and it’s common knowledge, that he never liked the limelight. I’m not surprised about Bale though, as I’ve heard of this type of behaviour from him before.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:08 pm

The problem is normal fans are suffering the consequences of the dickheads as for every child or fan that wants to say hello there will be some dickhead there waiting to give abuse and some players probably take so much of it that they just get out of there as fast as they can.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:55 pm

They don’t owe you anything.

How do you know they didn’t have something really important to do like speak to there own kids?

Two sides to every story.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:19 pm

I didn't say they owed me anything but the least they could have done was spend a few seconds to have a photo with my 6 year old kids who idolise them.

Some people.....

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:36 pm

Darren purse was a gentleman who had time for the fans

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:58 pm

lockey1927 wrote:I didn't say they owed me anything but the least they could have done was spend a few seconds to have a photo with my 6 year old kids who idolise them.

Some people.....

Yeah but you ignored the main part of my post.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:49 am

Llan_Blue wrote:They don’t owe you anything.

How do you know they didn’t have something really important to do like speak to there own kids?

think you have a point in that circumstance and probably mood often play a part.
ive seen an ex player of ours be absolutely obnoxious to a woman asking for his autograph and the same player sign 20 or 30 outside the ground while chatting away to the kids.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:52 am

Doesn't surprise me about Giggs but very surprised that Bale and Ramsey behaved like that as they seem to be very down to earth players who seem to respect fans

Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:18 pm

as football supporters they do owe us quite a lot. without us they might be working on a building site

Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:28 pm

I’m with the OP here
What’s 5 mins of their time to have a pic and give an autograph to the kids
Shocking behaviour tbh
And if they did have something “on” how come a few of the others did it
Over paid wankers
Surprised at Rambo , giggs and bale not so much

“Ooh don’t want to get my man bun wet !!”

Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:53 pm

Couldn't care less so long as they do the business on the pitch .

You got a signature on your shirt , and met a few of them , what more do you want ?

If all of them had walked past you then i would say youve got a point .

Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:30 pm

Walinoz wrote:I’m with the OP here
Shocking behaviour tbh
Over paid wankers

Because some of the other might not have had something to do.

Maybe they hadn’t spoken to there kids all day and that was there rush?

They don’t owe you anything they all have lives just because you wait for them in a car park doesn’t mean they automatically are going to have five minutes to spare for you.

It’s different if it’s before kick off at a game there’s obviously going to be fans there it’s expected of them.

But not randomly in a car park, what if everybody started stopping you outside B&Q if you where in a rush. I’m sure you’d tell them to f**k off.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:36 pm

casa gil wrote:

as football supporters they do owe us quite a lot. without us they might be working on a building site

No they don’t.

When they become footballers they don’t sign there lives away.

There’s a time and a place for everything. If they can’t then they can’t just need to accept it.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:50 pm

footballers make the money they do because of the interest in the game.

it's a very poor attitude to say the players don't owe the fans the time of day, and shame on any players who share that attitude. its only a few seconds, but means a huge amount to the fans.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:12 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Walinoz wrote:I’m with the OP here
Shocking behaviour tbh
Over paid wankers

Because some of the other might not have had something to do.

Maybe they hadn’t spoken to there kids all day and that was there rush?

They don’t owe you anything they all have lives just because you wait for them in a car park doesn’t mean they automatically are going to have five minutes to spare for you.

It’s different if it’s before kick off at a game there’s obviously going to be fans there it’s expected of them.

But not randomly in a car park, what if everybody started stopping you outside B&Q if you where in a rush. I’m sure you’d tell them to f**k off.

Bale said he wouldn’t have a pic coz it was raining :problem:

If he’d have said I’ve got to go , fair enough