Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vince Alm: “ Struggling to buy season tickets “

Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:42 am

Hi All

Hope everyone is well?

RE: Season Ticket renewal online

I know some supporters are struggling to purchase season tickets online which can be a bit daunting for those who struggle with IT. This is leading to problems with staff in the ticket office being tied up with calls for anything up to an hour per call which can easily be remedied with a little bit of thought and knowledge without the call being made.

Consequently the knock on effect for supporters purchasing tickets for forthcoming games in the ticket office are having to queue while these calls are dealt with.

Season tickets will go on sale from the office next week and over the phone but for those who want to buy online this week or next week to avoid the queues here are some tips.

To purchase tickets, you will need a bluebird account set up which was introduced at the start of the season.

This supersedes your old e ticketing account and unless you have one you will be unable to purchase tickets or merchandise online and credit it to your account.

Below are a few tips to aid you with setting up the account;

1. Firstly, check that your e ticketing account when you log on has the correct Fan ID that matches your season ticket or membership card?

If it does not match your Fan ID it probably means you have set up multiple accounts and have used a different email address from the one that you originally set up.

If you can remember the original email address and password you still have access to it log out and re log back in with the old email, if you struggle to log on due to not recognising the pass word if you have changed it you may have to recover the old password.

Once logged on just check that the Fan ID is the correct one now and proceed to setting up a bluebirds account see link below with the details. (Guide 1)

If you are unable to remember your original email you set your account up with that is linked to your correct Fan ID you will need to contact the ticket office for them to archive your new accounts and set you up again.

2. Follow the instructions as you navigate through each window.

Once you have completed the registration you will be sent an email with a link

Open the email and verify your account by clicking on the link and following the instructions once complete you will be ready to roll and purchase.

Please see link below for instructions on setting up an account.

Guide 1: Creating your Bluebirds Club Account.

This guide will help you through the process of creating your Bluebirds Club account(s). Please click the link below.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/siteass ... uide--.pdf

3. Linking family and friends to your network

All your family and friends you wish to link to your account for you to purchase tickets on their behalf will need to set up their own individual accounts.

please ensure their email contact address is different to your email address and to each other’s!

Also ensure you or they follow the above for setting up the account by checking their current E ticketing brings up the correct FAN ID and then following the steps

Once they have set up their accounts and verified it with the email they get sent you will be able to add them to your account.

You can do this by logging on to your account and clicking on the “my network” tab and then click on “add member”

You will then be prompted to put in their information and instructed through each window to add them to your account.

Once complete the person(s) will need to log onto their account and click on “my network” and accept your request for you to buy tickets

Then you will then be allowed to purchase the tickets on their behalf

Guide 2: Linking Family and Friends via the ‘My Network’ section in you eticketing account.

This guide will show you how to link family or friends to your ticket purchase network and purchase reserved Season Tickets on their behalf. Please click the link below.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/siteass ... 150319.pdf

Hope this is off help just go through everything methodically keep your patience if you are still struggling contact ticket office.
Try and be courteous if you could they are there to help you not to make things difficult behaviour breeds behaviour.

Bluebirds

Re: Vince Alm: “ Struggling to buy season tickets “

Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:47 am

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:06 pm

Hi Vince, The length of your post proves that yet again City have made the purchasing of season tickets virtually impossible. It would be easier to sort Brexit.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:14 pm

Bluesman wrote:Hi Vince, The length of your post proves that yet again City have made the purchasing of season tickets virtually impossible. It would be easier to sort Brexit.

Not really. We were all told months ago that everyone needed to create a new club log in and link their account. That this would be a single log in for tickets, shop and the club website. In my opinion it has made things simpler. A good move by the club. Most issues are with people not having created their accounts or linked their fan numbers and network. Very few are mistakes by the club.

I'm sure many will appreciate the handy 'how to' guide above. Thanks.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:14 pm

there have been various ticket debacles in the past, so it comes as no surprise to see the club messing fans around again.

i mean, making it difficult for people to buy your product? if the people in charge were running a real business, it wouldnt be in business for long. hopefully it gets sorted out soon.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Why not just outsource to ticket master for tickets like they have in the past.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Why not just outsource to ticket master for tickets like they have in the past.

The last thing fans want is it to be put in the hands of legalised touts, Ticketmaster are a joke. Personally I think the current staff in the ticket office are the best we've ever had, always helpful and they do a very good job.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:45 pm

Took me about longer to wait for a Windows update when logging on, than it did to sort out mine and my son's ticket including arranging the finance with V12.
Don't really know why others are finding it so difficult.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:54 pm

banana bob wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Why not just outsource to ticket master for tickets like they have in the past.

The last thing fans want is it to be put in the hands of legalised touts, Ticketmaster are a joke. Personally I think the current staff in the ticket office are the best we've ever had, always helpful and they do a very good job.

It's not to replace the staff it's to help them as clearly they don't have enough staff to cover ticket sales and season ticket sales.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:14 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
Bluesman wrote:Hi Vince, The length of your post proves that yet again City have made the purchasing of season tickets virtually impossible. It would be easier to sort Brexit.

Not really. We were all told months ago that everyone needed to create a new club log in and link their account. That this would be a single log in for tickets, shop and the club website. In my opinion it has made things simpler. A good move by the club. Most issues are with people not having created their accounts or linked their fan numbers and network. Very few are mistakes by the club.

This is not a ticketing debacle its simply fans not understanding what they need to do to renue ST it happens every year? All fans are not as computer literate as you are so problems will occur :thumbup:

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:37 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

This is not a ticketing debacle its simply fans not understanding what they need to do to renue ST it happens every year? All fans are not as computer literate as you are so problems will occur :thumbup:

Exactly my point. But you do make an excellent point, as always, that there's probably loads not as savvy on computers as us on here. They wouldn't have seen the original messages to make an account at the start of the season and are panicking now?!

But then maybe these guys should be told on the phone to pop in the ticket office or phone back next week? If like Vince says they're hogging the phone lines for away ticket sales...

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:30 pm

so the ticket office is inundated with calls from people struggling to buy season tickets with staff members on the phone sometimes for as long as an hour..

now here is a good idea...lets sell tickets for an away game that's in 5 weeks time as well.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:27 am

Put mine through on Monday, although I haven't recieved an email to confirm the purchase if I click on them again it says they are locked?
Any ideas. Presuming they should have gone through

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:53 am

I have had a couple of issues but must say the support of the ticket office staff, Mike in particular, has helped me resolve them and now my ST are ALL renewed and I have included the purchase of a new ST.

Well done to the club as the online system works and the support of the ticket office staff, via a simple email to queries@cardiffcityfc.co.uk, is fantastic and better than "Autosergei" if you ask me :lol:

Email confirming purchase arrived almost immediately after payment was approved. Simples

:clap: :clap: :clap: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:11 pm

castleblue wrote:I have had a couple of issues but must say the support of the ticket office staff, Mike in particular, has helped me resolve them and now my ST are ALL renewed and I have included the purchase of a new ST.

Well done to the club as the online system works and the support of the ticket office staff, via a simple email to queries@cardiffcityfc.co.uk, is fantastic and better than "Autosergei" if you ask me :lol:

Email confirming purchase arrived almost immediately after payment was approved. Simples

always get this type of post when there are clear problems.

surely it should be made easy for everyone . I don't get how those that have found it easy announcing how fantastically easy it all is benefits those having problems or our club whose position here should be maximising sales.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:31 pm

dogfound wrote:
castleblue wrote:I have had a couple of issues but must say the support of the ticket office staff, Mike in particular, has helped me resolve them and now my ST are ALL renewed and I have included the purchase of a new ST.

surely it should be made easy for everyone . I don't get how those that have found it easy announcing how fantastically easy it all is benefits those having problems or our club whose position here should be maximising sales.

Always get this type of post when someone says something good about our club. How dare they...

Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:02 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Always get this type of post when someone says something good about our club. How dare they...

ah right
vince was lying as was the person that told him of the problems in the ticket office..

if it was good and easy people would not be having problems.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:09 pm

ccfcblue1980 wrote:Put mine through on Monday, although I haven't recieved an email to confirm the purchase if I click on them again it says they are locked?
Any ideas. Presuming they should have gone through

I didnt get confirming e mail either - but checked my bank account and I have been debited with cost of the season ticket :)

Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:33 pm

Check your spam email it may be in there

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:32 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Maybe I should have said that yes I had an issue and I wasn't able to overcome it because I could only deal with a web based automated system with no support available from the club to advise on how to overcome the issue. That would certainly have helped with this agenda of blaming the club with everything, including original sin, that goes wrong in the world.

The thing is that would have been a lie because the club recognised that there may be issues and advised fans to send an email to the club detailing your problem, not call the ticket office, so I sent the email and I had a reply from "Mike" detailing exactly what I should do. I followed the advice and guess what the web based automated system worked.

OMG our club actually has a system that works and also a process to follow if you hit an issue. Bastards they are absolute bastards who don't give a toss about us fans I mean how dare they put a system in place that works.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:59 am

castleblue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Maybe I should have said that yes I had an issue and I wasn't able to overcome it because I could only deal with a web based automated system with no support available from the club to advise on how to overcome the issue. That would certainly have helped with this agenda of blaming the club with everything, including original sin, that goes wrong in the world.

The thing is that would have been a lie because the club recognised that there may be issues and advised fans to send an email to the club detailing your problem, not call the ticket office, so I sent the email and I had a reply from "Mike" detailing exactly what I should do. I followed the advice and guess what the web based automated system worked.

OMG our club actually has a system that works and also a process to follow if you hit an issue. Bastards they are absolute bastards who don't give a toss about us fans I mean how dare they put a system in place that works.

I would think the majority of computer savvy people would be fine with it but I still think there should have been an easier solution. My dad doesn't even have an email address never mind knowing how to send an email and im sure many older people are in the same boat. In my opinion something as important as season tickets could have been handled better for those not so computer savvy.

I don't think the attitude some have as I was fine so screw the rest helps those who cant do it.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:17 am

2blue2handle wrote:
castleblue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I would think the majority of computer savvy people would be fine with it but I still think there should have been an easier solution. My dad doesn't even have an email address never mind knowing how to send an email and im sure many older people are in the same boat. In my opinion something as important as season tickets could have been handled better for those not so computer savvy.

I don't think the attitude some have as I was fine so screw the rest helps those who cant do it.

Fair point and I'm sure there are people like your dad who need the "Human" element of support then calling the ticket office will be the route to follow, and I'm sure the ticket office staff will help them. But for those with access to email, and I believe the vast majority of fans will, if you follow the advice it works.

Situations like your dad are the exception but there are many just like him, my wife is a good example 62 years old and just got her first smart phone so on a learning curve with email, etc.

The process the club has put in place could clearly be improved by advising fans like you dad to call the club for help, but that doesn't take away from the fact that for those "computer savvy" fans who could use the process as it is.

I hope someone from the club reads this post because you make a valid point and hopefully going forward the club take steps to cover the less "Computer Savvy" fans.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:28 am

The club are catering for "non computer savy" users though. By allowing renewals over the phone and in person at the ticket office after March 25th. If someone doesn't even have an email address then they aren't going to be trying to buy tickets online are they, so I am not sure what the point of that comment was.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:19 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:The club are catering for "non computer savy" users though. By allowing renewals over the phone and in person at the ticket office after March 25th. If someone doesn't even have an email address then they aren't going to be trying to buy tickets online are they, so I am not sure what the point of that comment was.

Are you suggesting everyone who goes online has an email address?

Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:33 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:The club are catering for "non computer savy" users though. By allowing renewals over the phone and in person at the ticket office after March 25th. If someone doesn't even have an email address then they aren't going to be trying to buy tickets online are they, so I am not sure what the point of that comment was.

If someone were to lose on £10 of citycash because they do not use email, and I accept there are people who don't use the internet or email, then you could argue that is unfair. Although I think it won't be that many even if it's just one the club should put a process in place to cover an eventuality like that.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:00 pm

Just went online to renew - took me 2 mins exactly :ayatollah: :clap:

Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:32 pm

You see it the same way as me. If I wasn't computer savvy I'm not sure how I'd have even read the news about renewals? Maybe in the post? But even on that I'm sure it would've said this also... (See pic)

Unfair on the very few who don't use the jnternet. Maybe. But it's clear. The whole point is rewarding the early takers who do the leg work themselves. I.e. not take an hour of ticket office time when that could be better spent doing other stuff. That is why goods are often cheaper online. Simple business.

Normal channels open next week. That has been pretty clear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:52 am

2blue2handle wrote:

Are you suggesting everyone who goes online has an email address?

If you are going to buy something, then umm yes? I don't think that is a mad assumption to make considering for pretty much every website that sells something you have to enter an email address!