Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Harry Arter / £10Mill / Aston Villa? '

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:48 am

Does Aston Villa's potential £10m Harry Arter move look increasingly possible?

HITC

Thursday 21st March 2019

Championship challengers Aston Villa are reportedly keen on Harry Arter; the midfielder on loan at Cardiff City from Premier League rivals Bournemouth.

Cardiff City's Harry Arter before the Premier League match between Newcastle United and Cardiff City at St. James's Park, Newcastle on Saturday 19th January 2019.

Aston Villa appeared to be wasting their time in targeting Harry Arter during the January transfer window.

According to the Irish Independent, Villa wanted to lure the Bournemouth midfielder to the Midlands, despite the fact that he was currently on loan at Cardiff City.

With the Republic of Ireland international establishing himself as a key figure under Neil Warnock and playing regular Premier League football in South Wales, why on earth would he want to cut that spell short and drop down to the Championship?

Yet with both sides heading in different directions as we approach the business end of the campaign, Aston Villa can now be more positive than ever of tempting Arter to the Second City.

Dean Smith’s side have won each of their last four games to force their way into the play-offs.

The momentum is on Villa’s side and they will be desperate of going one better than last season, when they lost to Fulham at Wembley.

Harry Arter of Cardiff City during the Premier League match between Everton FC and Cardiff City at Goodison Park on November 24, 2018 in Liverpool, United Kingdom.

Cardiff, in contrast, have dropped into the Premier League relegation zone and are two points adrift of safety.

According to Wales Online, Bournemouth will demand £10 million for Arter. And, if Villa are promoted, do not be surprised if he is wearing claret and blue next season, especially if Cardiff take their place in the second tier.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Harry Arter / £10Mill / Aston Villa? '

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:59 am

Silly season has begun.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:45 am

If we stay up then he'll be in a city shirt next season.

If we don't then we don't deserve him.

Camarassa is the one i'm worried about.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:25 am

He has stated before his self and family don,t like going north of Watford

Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:14 pm

I think Arter will only be here next season if we manage to stay up. Unfortunately, I don't think Camarasa will be here even if we do stay up.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:22 pm

HITC.
:lol:

Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:27 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:If we stay up then he'll be in a city shirt next season.

Im not worried about Camarasa as I just don't see him staying, a bigger club will come in for him. Id be surprised if we ended up signing him.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:If we stay up then he'll be in a city shirt next season.

Im not worried about Camarasa as I just don't see him staying, a bigger club will come in for him. Id be surprised if we ended up signing him.

both are a concern tbh. gunner is gone and damour seems to have dropped completely out of the thinking..signing 3 that fit and improve is a tall order.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:34 pm

dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

both are a concern tbh. gunner is gone and damour seems to have dropped completely out of the thinking..signing 3 that fit and improve is a tall order.

That's what the manager is there for, yes its a tall order over one window but it something that should have been considered over the last season as well. We knew both were on loan and gunner only signed a 1 year deal. The hope for me would be us being able to sign Arter and its not such a shake up.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:56 pm

If Villa don’t go up they won’t be signing anybody. Breaking FFP rules will see to that.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

That's what the manager is there for, yes its a tall order over one window but it something that should have been considered over the last season as well. We knew both were on loan and gunner only signed a 1 year deal. The hope for me would be us being able to sign Arter and its not such a shake up.

yes it is the managers job but its not an exact science , clubs don't go out and buy poor players but invariably almost every club will sign good players for big fees that just don't come off for them..the trouble over the last 2 windows was we needed strengthening in more positions than you can point a stick at. where do you start..striker to replace the one we bought ?. a right back , could be looking at 2 CBs depending on mangas contract talks and Sols recovery.and could lose 3 of our most used midfielders..

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:09 pm

My biggest concern is with Gunners definitely going and both Arter and Camarasa being loans,even if we stay up we could lose them all,and I think our “back up”midfield is only at best mid championship standard.
Hopefully we can invest in one or two quality midfielders and poach a couple more loan gems :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:13 pm

I have no doubt that whatever happens we will get new guys in. It just depends on if we are shopping asda or waitrose. We will have money wherever we are and new midfielders will know they have a chance to command a starting spot. If warnock is still in charge I am sure he has eyes on who he wants and if it os someone new then they will have their own ideas.

I doubt arter would want to go to villa though - if we stay up then he will want premier league. If we drop down then we are just as appealing as villa. He said he wants the premier league so I doubt he would go to either. but if he did drop down then he would know exactly what to expect with us.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:05 pm

Never worth £10 million.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

There is no buy out option on camarasa contract,if we stay up,he will cost a few bob more than we will pay,he still has 3 years on real betis contract,and he has upped the asking price,if there is one,with his performance level this season,would love to be wrong though :old: :bluebird: